[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

The idea I'm looking into is not allowing the player to place bricks while falling. It's not about being in air, it's about being unsupported. The variable is named "onGround". True if their feet are planted on the ground, False if they're in midair. If the player is standing on anything, even a zombie, this is True.

It's not about looking below for a block, it's about whether the game considers your footing to be solid. It's the same variable that (among other things) determines whether an AI can try to break a block. It's used to determine footsteps and landing sounds.

The only bad part is that it returns False when the player is swimming, but there's another variable for that if we want to allow underwater building, probably useful for pylons and bridges and such. Check If (Player.onGround || Player.IsInWater()), and if so allow the player to continue placing the block, otherwise don't allow it.

Great job man! I actually understand what you are saying with those if statements.

It could just be me, but I can't actually see a Recipe for the Poultice anywhere in-game. Within 5 minutes of playing the update got stung by a hornet, used Antivenom for the Poison, but got no way to get rid of the "Oozing Puncture Wound".

It looks like it just wears off after 2 hours though, I hope, unless it develops in to a "Stage 2"..

Edit: found it in the Creative Menu, but with no icon... Xyth ;)

FYI, the damage to your self when punching hard stuff only works when playing on a server that is set for PvP or on multiplayer (MP). No damage occurs on single Player (SP), at least not for me.

Check if you are wearing armor, I take no damage if I have enough armor on.

And UMP also has no icon.

Sounds bugs

Has anyone addressed the sound bugs when firing certain guns.

Sometimes they work in short bursts but most of the time i fire a gun (not all) the sound of firing just keep happening. Also some of the sounds don't even make sound.

Just wondering if anyone else had this issue

More missing icons: strawberry and strawberryseed.

Also, I tried the crowbar on some workbenches in creative, and it does not work correctly. It seems to return the bench into your inventory alright, but when you equip it to place it again it only shows a sack in your hand, no preview placement, and you can place it infinite times from that. The forge, blast furnace, cement mixer, chemistry bench, research desk, drying table, armor table, stone mill all behaved that way, and I'm guessing some others I didn't try will have the same problem. The burn barrel can't be picked up at all with a crowbar, and only the anvil worked fine and could be placed again once, as expected.

So, I digged out all 25 treasure maps I have accumulated so far and I liked the result. Nothing overpowered (one multybarrel rocket launcher), but no junk either. A handful of ammo of different calibres, some items useful for early-mid game and 5K toilet paper.. er.. I mean US dollars.

Also I found one airdrop, looks like it was 'fisherman' airdrop, awesome! Good job xyth. I hope a starting player can still find a beaker and calipers though.

So, I digged out all 25 treasure maps I have accumulated so far and I liked the result. Nothing overpowered (one multybarrel rocket launcher), but no junk either. A handful of ammo of different calibres, some items useful for early-mid game and 5K toilet paper.. er.. I mean US dollars.

Also I found one airdrop, looks like it was 'fisherman' airdrop, awesome! Good job xyth. I hope a starting player can still find a beaker and calipers though.

Thanks. I didnt reduce calipers or beakers intentionally, but they both are very rare. Might need to buff that next release

Ok if anyone wants to help here's a group project for you.

One of Xyth's ideas is to add a bunch of junk to the loot table lol. No really thats his idea hehehe . Anyway. We will be removing any"scrap" from loot tables and replacing it with "junk Scrap". We will start with 3 for each scrap group. For example. No longer will you find broken glass but maybe a Old Picture Frame, Compact Mirror or perfume bottle. Then you could scrap these items into scrap glass and maybe some items like the picture frame for example, could also have a choice of glass or 2 wood sticks. So lets start simple with 3 items for each.

Iron

Lead

Brass

Stone

Wood

Paper

Cloth

Plastic

Electronic

Electric

Mechanical

Rubber

Steel

Think thats it

And these would get cool icons and help make looting feel more like looting a house or office than looting a scrap

yard.

Here's some from me-

Gameboy -Plastic/Electronic

Picture Frame - Glass/Wood

Teddy Bear - Cotton/Cloth

Barbie - Rubber

Coffee Mug- Stone

Alarm Clock - Plastic/Electronic

Ipod- Plastic

Laptop - electronic/electric

Tablet - electronic/electric

Dinner Plate - stone

stapler - metal/mechanical

CD - Plastic

Bible - paper

Tampon - paper

Small Rug - cloth

Toilet Paper - paper

statue - stone

Toaster -metal/electric

Everytime I quit the game I end up having to revalidate and redownload the mod. This comes up everytime

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
  at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
  at _7D2DLauncher.Utilities.CopyAll(DirectoryInfo source, DirectoryInfo target, ILog logger)
  at _7D2DLauncher.Utilities.CopyAll(DirectoryInfo source, DirectoryInfo target, ILog logger)
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.CopyFolderIfFound(String strDestination, String strFolder)
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.ReplaceFilesWithMod(String strModCopy)
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.UpdateAndPlay()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
7D2DLauncher
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/7D2DLauncher.exe
log4net
   Assembly Version: 1.2.15.0
   Win32 Version: 1.2.15.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/log4net.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Deployment
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
   Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.ServiceModel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
SMDiagnostics
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
System.ServiceModel.Internals
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
LibGit2Sharp
   Assembly Version: 0.21.0.176
   Win32 Version: 0.21.0.176
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/LibGit2Sharp.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Additionally, any of these "junk" items could later be used in a quest or recipe, so eventually some will be more frequently encountered than others. Again, much of this work is building a base for A16, new quests, etc.

Iron - Golf club, Kitchen utensil

Lead - Old statues or sculptures

Brass - Brass old jewelry, old coins

Paper - Notebook, Toilet paper, Tissue

Cloth - Worn out gloves, Old dirty pillow

Plastic - TV Remote(gives other parts too), Headphones(gives other parts too)

Electronic - Circuit board/Motherboard

Mechanical - Old mechanical watch, Old typewriter

Rubber - Rubber toys

Everytime I quit the game I end up having to revalidate and redownload the mod. This comes up everytime

System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.CopyFolderIfFound(String strDestination, String strFolder)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
7D2DLauncher
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/7D2DLauncher.exe
log4net
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/log4net.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
System.Deployment
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.ServiceModel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
SMDiagnostics
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
LibGit2Sharp
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jmont/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/C42HWVND.2VM/1JLW8GY7.8LP/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/LibGit2Sharp.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

It would be helpful to have more information about your install. Did you load the game with the 7D2D launcher? Did you run the game from the launcher? Any errors in the log upon entering the game? What version of windows are you running?

It would be helpful to have more information about your install. Did you load the game with the 7D2D launcher? Did you run the game from the launcher? Any errors in the log upon entering the game? What version of windows are you running?

Running it through the mod launcher, says the mod is installed even when I delete it. Running Windows 10.

mscorlib
System
7D2DLauncher
log4net
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Xml
System.Deployment
System.Core
System.Configuration
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
System.ServiceModel
SMDiagnostics
LibGit2Sharp

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Did we by chance read the big bright red warning below the install description? Let me show you.

KNOWN BUG- On exit from a server the game will crash and spam an error. This is from the use of SMXs Detailed Buff UI. It does no harm and is known please do not report it. When quitting the game exit to windows and force the game closed with your task manager.Thank you

Yeah no need to be passive aggressive over it.

I'm not even reporting the same thing.

I'm reporting that everytime I exit the game I cannot start it again without having to delete all my files and reinstall them.

Yeah no need to be passive aggressive over it.

I'm not even reporting the same thing.

I'm reporting that everytime I exit the game I cannot start it again without having to delete all my files and reinstall them.

Try manually deleting the install directory and then reinstalling. I assume the game worked fine when you were init? No errors in the log?

Im not passive aggressive im outwardly aggressive. My therapist wishes I was passive aggressive rofl

But for real. Can you do that smart thing Sphereii always tells people to do that lets them upload their logs?

Archived