Question about the ability SDX

n2n1

Hello!

I have some guess of the ability SDX for modding but would like to clarify:

- is it possible to extract the model from the old Alphas (with the help of UABE) and use it in the game through SDX? (for example - a model "stick" or "rabbit on a stick" ?)

- is it possible to redraw texture on "treeMountainPineDry" and make it the second variant "treeMountainPineBurnt"? (this is for burntForest which looks as before)

• 1 year later...

Hi again! :)

After watching some tutorials, i have a question:

I have mesh model (.obj from Blender without textures and materials).

What i need to pass way to have the file with extension .unity3d.

(i just need a overall description of the action plan, no details.)

PS: maybe i missed some tutorials? but that's what i'm interested in - how to get the .unity3d-file (with my model of burnt tree) !

Thanks, Guppy! I think I've already figured it out!

Yes, it is after reading (GettingStarted tutorial) - i had this question, but now i have found this perfect video tutorial that has been stored in my HDD for a long time.

The confusion I'm having because of the fact that i used to compile the project and get the resources(assets), but needed .unity3d.

Questions about SDX:

I'm trying to integrate the SDX into an already built mod that already contains the modified Assembly-CSharp.dll.

My main task is - get the possibility to add models.unity3d.

I didn't find the answers in the tutorials, and my experiments brought some errors that i can't identify.

1. Can SDX to modify my Assembly-CSharp.dll which already deobfuscated and has my fixes?

(mostly - a constants, my changes are not global)

2. ///removed/// - I figured it out...(not understood immediately - from for language)

3. during the tests on pure vanilla - i noticed these errors. Is it important or not?

4riAWYb.jpg

4. ///removed/// - I figured it out...

Questions about SDX:

I'm trying to integrate the SDX into an already built mod that already contains the modified Assembly-CSharp.dll.

My main task is - get the possibility to add models.unity3d.

I didn't find the answers in the tutorials, and my experiments brought some errors that i can't identify.

1. Can SDX to modify my Assembly-CSharp.dll which already deobfuscated and has my fixes?

(mostly - a constants, my changes are not global)

No, SDX won't re-build with a modified DLL. However, if you have done manual DLL edits, you can use that as a base for your SDX build. SDX checks the DLL to see if there's any traces of SDX there.

2. Is it possible to run a "build" once, and then i just add my .unity3d files in any time?

Or i have to do a "build" (make changes into file Assembly-CSharp.dll) every time, after i added each new model.unity3d ?

That is - i need to connect each model, or just once to change Assembly-CSharp.dll to be able to always use models.unity3d?

Yes. You only need SDX once to add all the hooks. You can manually edit the XML, and manually copy the Unity3d files into the right places ( Mods/SDX/Resources/ )

3. during the tests on pure vanilla - i noticed these errors. Is it important or not?

Legacy things :) They are harmless.

Thanks for Tutorial sphereii !!!

No, SDX won't re-build with a modified DLL. However, if you have done manual DLL edits, you can use that as a base for your SDX build. SDX checks the DLL to see if there's any traces of SDX there.

(sorry about my English...)

...that is, i have to integrate SDX first, and then make my own changes? or Vice versa?

Thanks for Tutorial sphereii !!!

(sorry about my English...)

...that is, i have to integrate SDX first, and then make my own changes? or Vice versa?

No need to say sorry. I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough :)

You can either do SDX first, then manual edits, or do them after. It's up to you. However, running the SDX first, may clean up the code a bit, making your edits easier.

Archived