The Madmole Already Answered That Mega Thread

Roland

Hi madmole im an italian player, i usually play with my brother and i have noticed that the drawing animation for the bow did not work for the other player, when i watch someone using the bow he just shoot the arrow whitout drawing it. I also noticed when im going in third person from the command console, that actually there is an animation, but its not showing in other player when they use the bow. So my question is: is this will be fixed in alpha 16?

hoping this has already been ask

madmole will all of you at fun pimps be adding any optional parts like the flashlight for the current guns?

(for example a larger mag that will increase the number of rounds in the mag to like 50 rounds for the smg & ak, 10 for both pump action shotguns, 18-20 for the pistol and 7 rounds for both the sniper rifle and .44 magnum)

the reasons for why I'm ask about optional parts is because there is a free space below where the flashlight go for all of the guns that you put the flashlight on and because the behemoth sound like it will take a lot of bullets to bring down.

if and when you guys make any changes to the food, maybe adding some cookies or other sweets that will restore a little stamina could be possible idea.

Hey MM and to the rest of the team.

Much appreciation to all of ya for the game thus far, utterly love this game and can hardly wait till its finished :D

Question: I would like to know if there is any plans for putting in some mechanical items with move functions, obviously after electricity is released, such as a lift or other powered moving parts/objects? My thinking goes along the lines that a player could press their panic button and it would activate the trap system around their base for horde night such as trap doors with spikes that come up and/or moves a strong block into place to seal off the base like swivel forge steel blocks into an empty space.

Hay Madmole I've had issues with air drops being dropped in the middle of lakes too deep for me to retrieve. Are y'all planning on implementing diving gear or snorkels into the game to remedy such issues.

Water is getting an overhaul after A16. Underwater decorations, swimming, zombie behavior in water, water-based zombies, fishing, watercraft, floating blocks......all such questions will always be answered "Maybe" at this point. They haven't started talking about water yet in a serious way. My hope is that it is next on the list and we can all ask tons of water questions in the A17 Q&A threads.

Do you all at TFP have any graphics overhauls planned for 7 Days in the future or would we have to wait for a sequel for that? The game is already gorgeous though just curious :)

Someone already asked this earlier in the same round of questions.

hoping this has already been ask

madmole will all of you at fun pimps be adding any optional parts like the flashlight for the current guns?

(for example a larger mag that will increase the number of rounds in the mag to like 50 rounds for the smg & ak, 10 for both pump action shotguns, 18-20 for the pistol and 7 rounds for both the sniper rifle and .44 magnum)

the reasons for why I'm ask about optional parts is because there is a free space below where the flashlight go for all of the guns that you put the flashlight on and because the behemoth sound like it will take a lot of bullets to bring down.

if and when you guys make any changes to the food, maybe adding some cookies or other sweets that will restore a little stamina could be possible idea.

Someone already asked this before you in the same round of questions.

Hey MM and to the rest of the team.

Much appreciation to all of ya for the game thus far, utterly love this game and can hardly wait till its finished :D

Question: I would like to know if there is any plans for putting in some mechanical items with move functions, obviously after electricity is released, such as a lift or other powered moving parts/objects? My thinking goes along the lines that a player could press their panic button and it would activate the trap system around their base for horde night such as trap doors with spikes that come up and/or moves a strong block into place to seal off the base like swivel forge steel blocks into an empty space.

You got beat to your question by someone else earlier in the round of questions and HE had pictures... :)

Will we see Turrets in A16?

No. The only such thing that is on the list is an arrow trap. Turrets are not on the list. Turrets have been asked about many times and the answer is always perhaps later.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52805-Developer-Diary-Alpha-16!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Vehicles

Are we getting moredriveable vehicles?

If yes, what are they and when are they planned. Please just give us any info at hand, not just a dismissive 'Yeah we have a plan of something at sometime and we don't know when.'

Any info on cars or the elusive gyrocopter that was mentioned back in July of 2016.

Cheers.

Hey madmole! Thank you (and the whole team) for your continued work on improving 7d2d!

I'll try to keep it short: With all the improvements to rendering of distant terrain and POIs, will there ever be distant lods of trees/flora objects? Also, will own constructs also be rendered in distant lod or only prebuilt POIs?

Great game MM!

What do you think about adding new skill - swimming? It could affect our speed in the water, time which we can spend under water, and athletic skill also (higher swimming skill gives more xp for athletics while swimming). I am asking about that, because few times my supply crate was dropped into the lake, on the depth impossible to reach.

Hi mm

I am wondering if we are going to need to reset our old 15 servers when this 16 comes out I am kind of fond of some of my old worlds.

Thanks love the game.

Madmole and The Fun Pimp said you should always reset your game after major updates and better yet clean out your registry using the clean data tool now included in the game launcher. Alpha 16 includes a major overhaul to blocks in the game. Many blocks have been removed thanks to the new paint system. Distant terrain has been changed in a major way. There will be issues trying to play A16 on A15 worlds.

Are we getting moredriveable vehicles?

If yes, what are they and when are they planned. Please just give us any info at hand, not just a dismissive 'Yeah we have a plan of something at sometime and we don't know when.'

Any info on cars or the elusive gyrocopter that was mentioned back in July of 2016.

Cheers.

Sorry but the Q&A video thread is not the place to badger Madmole about questions he has already answered. No new vehicles are scheduled for A16 so the only answer to be had is a dismissive and ambiguous "In the future". The time to ask questions about new vehicles is when they are announced for the alpha that is on deck. Just like turrets. I always moved turret related questions into this thread volume after volume after volume until now because they have officially been announced. Now turret questions are a thing. New vehicle questions aren't in season yet. The only answer you will get until they are is "maybe" and "someday".

Hey madmole! Thank you (and the whole team) for your continued work on improving 7d2d!

I'll try to keep it short: With all the improvements to rendering of distant terrain and POIs, will there ever be distant lods of trees/flora objects? Also, will own constructs also be rendered in distant lod or only prebuilt POIs?

Madmole said (recently) likely yes depending on resources for trees and possibly but not probably on player made structures or on major alterations to existing POI's. None of these things are likely to be in A16 though so he will just answer this time as he did last time with a "maybe".

Great game MM!

What do you think about adding new skill - swimming? It could affect our speed in the water, time which we can spend under water, and athletic skill also (higher swimming skill gives more xp for athletics while swimming). I am asking about that, because few times my supply crate was dropped into the lake, on the depth impossible to reach.

Madmole said that swimming and other water related features for players and zombies will come after the water is improved in a future alpha update (but not A16).

You see, this is exactly the ♥♥♥♥ing problem.

Questions like, 'Are we getting more vehicles?' have very simple yes or no answers.

Not maybe. Not possibly. But yes or no. Bikes are in game and they work, I'm sure it's not that hard to extend that to a slower car. That is either possible or not. If it's possible then the question becomes, are we going to get them.

Yes or no Roland. Yes or no.

Confirmed future vehicles (this means yes):

Bicycle, motorcycle, gyrocopter

Unconfirmed vehicles(this means maybe):

Dune Buggy

Pickup Truck

Timeline:

A16.....NO

A17.....POSSIBLY

A18.....MAYBE

Post Gold DLC.....PROBABLY

That's the best I can do for you and the most Madmole has said on the issue. Just because a question is a yes or no doesn't mean you are going to get a yes or no even if you are the umpteenth person to ask it. Actually, especially if you are....

I hope that clarifies the answer to your question.

You see, this is exactly the ♥♥♥♥ing problem.

Questions like, 'Are we getting more vehicles?' have very simple yes or no answers.

Not maybe. Not possibly. But yes or no. Bikes are in game and they work, I'm sure it's not that hard to extend that to a slower car. That is either possible or not. If it's possible then the question becomes, are we going to get them.

Yes or no Roland. Yes or no.

Yes we're going to get them. No, they are not going to be cars. Except the buggy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Will there be a bigger variety of human NPC's (both hostile and friendly) that can shoot at you or give you quests?

(If this has been answered I'm sorry, I don't know how to use the search function properly). There has been stuff mentioned about bandits but I don't know what that implies.

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?

A: When it's done.

take your time devs.. I am in no rush to start over, which leads to my question

can we stop server wipes on upgrades?

I realize that it DOES give players the total immersion to the new content, but when you have a dedicated server and your players are putting 80+ hrs a week each into the game to build and then the new update comes and force-wipes the characters and all the work they have done it really isnt fair.

Personally I think that this should be optional at the discretion of the server admin, do you think that is feasible?

aside from that.. i **love** the game, first one I ever bought on steam and I play it constantly. Major thumbs up to the Pimps!

Heyho Mr. Mole,

with the addition of sleeper zombies will there also be something like fake sleepers? With that I mean random placed sleeper zombie models that won't awaken? Else we might just shoot every corpse we see :o

Land Claims

Love the Game, hate raiding players. It seem a little pointless to use land claim blocks and building a secure base if raiding players will just take the extra time to destroy the blocks needed to gain access anyway and loot/destroy your base. It’s always such a devastating feeling when you put so much dedicated time and effort to harvest/forge/scavenge/craft/build....It makes me not want to play this game anymore. I know that you mentioned in previous comment regarding gamma cheaters, to play on a private sever or single player, frankly that’s not an acceptable solution for this. So my Question is, is there any plan on revamping the claim blocks to make them have more of a purpose other than just a small nuisance for the raiding player.

If I may be so bold to suggest, when a player is offline, the landclaim blocks render the surrounding area indestructible to NON-Ally players only for 30 game days of the owner’s last log in.

I know I can wish one hand and ♥♥♥♥ in the other and see what fills up faster....but when you talk about adding value to the game...for me that would be phenomenal and I know for a fact that I’m not alone in this. Every game I've played in this.....no matter how hard I tried, how secret of an entrance I used, how deep I dug down, how many traps I set, how many obstacles pits I set, how many false walls I put up, where or how I hide things, and didn't matter if I used hundreds of land claim blocks hidden and protected everywhere, every single game on any server, every base I've ever built has been raided or destroyed or both.....which always leaves me wondering with my own question....what’s the point? <- That’s not intended as a 2nd question for you.

Hi,

Will there be a bigger variety of human NPC's (both hostile and friendly) that can shoot at you or give you quests?

(If this has been answered I'm sorry, I don't know how to use the search function properly). There has been stuff mentioned about bandits but I don't know what that implies.

Yes there will be. Madmole has said there will be a variety of hostile survivors (Bandits) to have to deal with. They will use both melee and ranged weapons and the plan is to even have them hunt you down if you get a price on your head. There will also be neutral NPCs that will give quests or trade with you and if all goes well you will be able to recruit a friendly survivor as a follower and assign tasks and set them as guards etc.

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?

A: When it's done.

take your time devs.. I am in no rush to start over, which leads to my question

can we stop server wipes on upgrades?

I realize that it DOES give players the total immersion to the new content, but when you have a dedicated server and your players are putting 80+ hrs a week each into the game to build and then the new update comes and force-wipes the characters and all the work they have done it really isnt fair.

Personally I think that this should be optional at the discretion of the server admin, do you think that is feasible?

aside from that.. i **love** the game, first one I ever bought on steam and I play it constantly. Major thumbs up to the Pimps!

The option already exists.

1) Go to 7 Days to Die in your Steam Library

2) Right click on it and then select Properties at the bottom

3) Select the Betas tab

4) Click on the drop down menu that probably says "NONE--Opt out of all betas"

5) Scroll down the list until you find alpha 15.2 - Alpha 15.2 Stable

6) Click on that.

Now your game will never update out of 15.2 until you change that in the betas list. Server admins should be able to do the same for their servers so that they remain in Alpha 15.2. If that involves a different process than above then one of our resident Server Gurus might please chime in.

Heyho Mr. Mole,

with the addition of sleeper zombies will there also be something like fake sleepers? With that I mean random placed sleeper zombie models that won't awaken? Else we might just shoot every corpse we see :o

Sorry, someone asked the same question before you did.

Love the Game, hate raiding players. It seem a little pointless to use land claim blocks and building a secure base if raiding players will just take the extra time to destroy the blocks needed to gain access anyway and loot/destroy your base. It’s always such a devastating feeling when you put so much dedicated time and effort to harvest/forge/scavenge/craft/build....It makes me not want to play this game anymore. I know that you mentioned in previous comment regarding gamma cheaters, to play on a private sever or single player, frankly that’s not an acceptable solution for this. So my Question is, is there any plan on revamping the claim blocks to make them have more of a purpose other than just a small nuisance for the raiding player.

If I may be so bold to suggest, when a player is offline, the landclaim blocks render the surrounding area indestructible to NON-Ally players only for 30 game days of the owner’s last log in.

I know I can wish one hand and ♥♥♥♥ in the other and see what fills up faster....but when you talk about adding value to the game...for me that would be phenomenal and I know for a fact that I’m not alone in this. Every game I've played in this.....no matter how hard I tried, how secret of an entrance I used, how deep I dug down, how many traps I set, how many obstacles pits I set, how many false walls I put up, where or how I hide things, and didn't matter if I used hundreds of land claim blocks hidden and protected everywhere, every single game on any server, every base I've ever built has been raided or destroyed or both.....which always leaves me wondering with my own question....what’s the point? <- That’s not intended as a 2nd question for you.

The option for 100% indestructible zone when offline is already supposed to exist. If it is not working properly then please submit a bug report. There are landclaim block improvements planned down the line but the devs are not ready yet to talk details. If you need help in finding those settings maybe another Server Guru around here can explain what to do. But I know I've played on servers where claimed zones were 100% indestructible.

The option for 100% indestructible zone when offline is already supposed to exist. If it is not working properly then please submit a bug report. There are landclaim block improvements planned down the line but the devs are not ready yet to talk details. If you need help in finding those settings maybe another Server Guru around here can explain what to do. But I know I've played on servers where claimed zones were 100% indestructible.

Hmmm, interesting. I want to test it out, and have another online friend in current game that is willing to help out, but can you tell me exactly what are the rules for the land claim. I tried searching, but even with searching for titled posts in the last 6 month met in overwhelming results.

I know that their are server settings, but don't full know what they mean either. Any help or direction to another thread where this is answered would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Madmole has said that boats and/or rafts are a strong possibility once they get water fixed.

While in the game press F1 to open the console

Type: settempunit c

Press F1 to close the console

Good to go.

Boom!

Would it be reasonable to expect much larger hordes with hundreds of zombies in the future, when the game can handle that kind of stuff?

I love this game so much, but wandering hordes of 30 or so zombies just don't cut it for me.

I wanna feel the fear of looking outside to see a horde of 300+ zombies marching towards my base :smile-new:

Ok.. maybe not that many but you get the idea!

Actually.. if the game could handle that many, 300 zombies would be pretty cool...

Archived