The Madmole Already Answered That Mega Thread

Roland

Hi MM !

I think there is a lot of things to improve the underwater scene.

? special equipment like cylinders or snorkel is planned ? We can about shell to collection or underwater caves ?

Thanks for that game, so much things possible !

Pierre

hello , i like the graphics in alpha 15

my question: In alpha 16 will you upgrade the water with more beautiful/realistic graphics?

Madmole said: Water overhaul is coming later in possibly Alpha 17 or Alpha 18. There are no changes to water planned for Alpha 16

Hey Madmole, love 7 Days but I always thought it would be a whole lot better if if it had a bigger online multiplayer(DayZ, H1Z1, etc.) What are your guys plans for online multiplayer for the game and do you think we could ever see a major increase in player count(50+)for servers and games like a real apocalypse maybe? I think the game would really benefit from more players/PvP opportunities.

hello Madmole Thank you for the amazing game i like the new zombies though and the new distance POIs

my question: is there any plans for pvp servers in A16.. because 50% of the people like it and its having a really huge bugs like invisible players all you have to do is just kill your friend more then 5 times and you invisible go kill some people . second the underground bugs people can make the field of view maxed and they can see every thing under the ground and can spot your LCBs

sorry for my long questions thx for the wonderful game <3

There is a PvP overhaul planned in the future. The devs are not giving out details yet on how many players will be supported but they have committed to making a dedicated PvP mode that addresses balance issues, admin issues, and cheating issues that are plaguing gamers who are trying to play the current game PvP.

For bugs like terrain clipping and turning invisible please report those in the bug forum with reproducible steps and screenshots/video if possible. For duping issues please PM me the specifics.

Hey madmole, what would the team think of adding an altitude / block height indicator to indicate what level you're at underground? (Or even above ground) It would make planning infrastructure easier. I can waypoint a map location and an altitude for other team members to collaborate on mining, types of resources and depths at which they can be found. Also, it would help more precise digging if for instance, you wanted to dig at an even 45 degrees. Anyway, love the game and thank you.

This one was actually asked a few volumes back and the answer was no. The devs do not want to add any more meters or gauges to the HUD. There are mods already in existence that will display your current height on the map. If you are interested go to the mod section and ask around. Someone will be sure to point you to the mod you need to install to get what you want.

it would be great if multiple people can access the same box simultaneously. can you guys make that happen?

This has been asked and answered many times. The answer is a definitive no. The reason is that it creates too many unstoppable duping bugs and possibilities for exploit. Containers will always be only accessible by one player at a time for this game.

Well. Since you mentioned and seemed really frustrated about working on the doors again....I'm gonna ask about doors!

One thing that always bothered me was that when a wood door breaks/starts breaking it develops huge gaping holes and I swear, everytime that happens all i want to do, just instictually is shoot through it. Every freaking time, I usually end up breaking the door half the time. It just visually bothers me. Any chance this part could be changed? Honestly I'd rather they not develop the holes when they break if its not possible to shoot through them, just have some other visual indication the door is breaking if shooting through them is not possible. Thanks for the great game. I'll still play even if the doors suck :)~

You knowingly asked an already answered question? Ok....The answer is no. As Madmole explained, doors will not be revisited unless they decide to simplify them but as of now they feel they have spent too much development time on them as it is.

mit question is.

we can change temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius on person.

the second is that you can not shoot over minibike, we can make it hit just the.

I think it makes good things to play.

this is a mistake as I did many times when I play to dig.

look at the picture for a error / mistake.

it is a little annoying things.

To change the temperature from F to C:

While in the game press F1 to open the console

Type: settempunit c

Press F1 to close the console

Good to go.

I have no idea what you are trying to say about the minibike. Do you mean will they ever make it so you can shoot while driving? If that is the case let me know and I will get that part of your question back in.

Finally, do not report bugs and glitches in the Q&A thread. Post your screenshot and your report over at the bug forum.

Hi MM !

I think there is a lot of things to improve the underwater scene.

? special equipment like cylinders or snorkel is planned ? We can about shell to collection or underwater caves ?

Thanks for that game, so much things possible !

Pierre

Water is not going to be touched in A16. Madmole has already replied that water will be improved later and he is not giving details other than that when water is improved they will also look at adding boats.

I have no idea what you are trying to say about the minibike. Do you mean will they ever make it so you can shoot while driving? If that is the case let me know and I will get that part of your question back in.

I'm almost certain fekhole is referring to the minibike's collision mesh. If you get off the minibike and try to shoot above the seat, your shot will hit the bike every time.

I'm almost certain fekhole is referring to the minibike's collision mesh. If you get off the minibike and try to shoot above the seat, your shot will hit the bike every time.

I see. Well in that case that should also be reported in the bug section. Something like that is far more likely to get fixed if Alloc gets a hold of it from that forum than if Joel reads it during his video shoot and says, "I'll look into that"-- which is why for bug related questions even he has asked folks to please report it to the bug forum instead of to him in the Q&A thread.

Thank Crater :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MM, thanks for the great game.

On some mods I play I can watch the games memory usage skyrocket to 5+Gb of memory, at about 4Gb you start to see artifacting, over 6gb the game just crashes. Will there be any new bug fixes that might address that? The vanilla game does have similar issues but not as pronounced.

Hey Madmole, quick question about console updates. For us console players, can we expect monthly content updates to 7 Days to slowly bring it in line with PC? And when approximately do you think the console version will be fully in sync with PC?(Alpha 15)

Night Time Fun

Hey MadMole,

Huge fan got 700+hours logged loved every second of them so thank you and have gotten about 3 mates addicted to so they thank you :D.

My question is if it was possible to maybe get perks to go out at night I always thought it would be cool if you were to maybe go to a town to do some cheeky looting maybe a +50% scavenging or extra ore or wood for mining or chopping down trees...no one wants to go to a town at night but that increased chance of better loot early game and hitting a gun shop i would risk it,

And i would for the cutting trees early game you may only have a stone axe so every chop counts so i would risk it for extra supplies for my base,

even bonus XP for killing if you are like certain distance away from your bed of cores or even in a town.

Not to fussed on the xp one just thought i would chuck it in.

Just and idea keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time for your fans much love Demonic-Aussie. :D

Deers, pigs, and bears! Oh my!

Hey Joel! When are you guys going to fix that DOOFY deer running animation, and in the future will you be able to start a farm with animals like chicken and such? As of now the animal AI makes it almost impossible to keep animals for food.

Love the game BTW! :3 I bought it for a few friends of mine who reaaaaaaally wanted it. I got 350 hours in! :D I've owned the game since alpha 5 but I stopped playing for about a year; which is why my hours aren't very impressive... ( ._.) I mainly just bought it to support it's development.

Hi Madmole,

You often say "you'll have to ask Robert or so and so" (sorry, I don't know the team) about the status or how a particular function will work. But where do we find these guys if they don't come on the forum?

Special thanks to Gazz for being so prolific in the forum.

Do you think you can rope any of the others into doing a special Q&A session?

And we so need some mannequins in the game to keep us company. Lol. Hallucinations if poisoned?

Possible Backpack Upgrades

Hey MadMole,

I've put in over 500hrs in the game so far and growing, fantastic game and can't wait to see where the game goes.

Here is the question: Any chance there will be sometime in the future upgradeable backpacks? Such as maybe increase a row per upgrade. Possibly use cloth to upgrade first tier, animal hide second tier, leather third tier etc... Even possibly adding in an armor value to it, maybe adding iron or steel to it on the final tier.

Fantastic Game!

Thanks,

FreeTheGamer

Just curious about some things...

I bought 7DTD about a month ago and I absolutely love it, and I know you have a lot of questions to get to, so I'll just keep mine brief. What are your thoughts on implementing musket rifles and flintlock pistols to the game as precursors to training their respective weapon types i.e., blunderbuss/shotguns, given certain restrictions to those weapon types in early game, (forges, calipers, brass, stat limitation) and what are your thoughts on implementing brass knuckles? The machete has a knuckle guard on its 3D model - maybe it would be a very simple edit? The idea of being able to walk up to a zombie and literally knock its block off does sound kind of awesome.

Please make the paint tool so that you are only able to paint a type of material other textures of the same material type... unless in DM mode (i.e. not being able to paint wood to look like steel etc). Or perhaps at least you can only paint textures of a lower HP block (i.e. you can paint brick to look like wood, but not wood to look like brick).

Madmole said: Water overhaul is coming later in possibly Alpha 17 or Alpha 18. There are no changes to water planned for Alpha 16

There is a PvP overhaul planned in the future. The devs are not giving out details yet on how many players will be supported but they have committed to making a dedicated PvP mode that addresses balance issues, admin issues, and cheating issues that are plaguing gamers who are trying to play the current game PvP.

For bugs like terrain clipping and turning invisible please report those in the bug forum with reproducible steps and screenshots/video if possible. For duping issues please PM me the specifics.

This one was actually asked a few volumes back and the answer was no. The devs do not want to add any more meters or gauges to the HUD. There are mods already in existence that will display your current height on the map. If you are interested go to the mod section and ask around. Someone will be sure to point you to the mod you need to install to get what you want.

This has been asked and answered many times. The answer is a definitive no. The reason is that it creates too many unstoppable duping bugs and possibilities for exploit. Containers will always be only accessible by one player at a time for this game.

hi roland, about the simultaneous box access i asked: sounds like if its a question asked many times its something your player base really wants from your game. could you guys have it as an option in the server config file so admins can allow it on their server? this will still allow official vanilla hosted servers to keep it off as default.

Hi MM, thanks for the great game.

On some mods I play I can watch the games memory usage skyrocket to 5+Gb of memory, at about 4Gb you start to see artifacting, over 6gb the game just crashes. Will there be any new bug fixes that might address that? The vanilla game does have similar issues but not as pronounced.

Two things Madmole doesn't like to answer questions about in the Q&A thread at this point are bug fixes and modding. Your question is about bug fixing that primarily affects mods...lol. The answer Madmole has given to other inquiries about optimization questions is that they are always looking to optimize and increase framerates and find more efficient uses of memory.

Hey Madmole, quick question about console updates. For us console players, can we expect monthly content updates to 7 Days to slowly bring it in line with PC? And when approximately do you think the console version will be fully in sync with PC?(Alpha 15)

This Q&A is about Alpha 16 for the PC version. Some and hopefully all of these features will eventually make their way to the console port but there is no release schedule that Madmole can tell you. All announcements for console will come from Clare in the console forum when Telltale authorizes it. Madmole has said that console and PC being in sync won't happen until well after the PC version is done and since there is no definitive release date on that it is impossible to say when console will catch up.

Hey MadMole,

Huge fan got 700+hours logged loved every second of them so thank you and have gotten about 3 mates addicted to so they thank you :D.

My question is if it was possible to maybe get perks to go out at night I always thought it would be cool if you were to maybe go to a town to do some cheeky looting maybe a +50% scavenging or extra ore or wood for mining or chopping down trees...no one wants to go to a town at night but that increased chance of better loot early game and hitting a gun shop i would risk it,

And i would for the cutting trees early game you may only have a stone axe so every chop counts so i would risk it for extra supplies for my base,

even bonus XP for killing if you are like certain distance away from your bed of cores or even in a town.

Not to fussed on the xp one just thought i would chuck it in.

Just and idea keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time for your fans much love Demonic-Aussie. :D

Please watch the Q&A videos before you post your question. This one was just answered in the most recent Q&A video. Madmole said it sounded like a good idea and liked the idea of making going out at night result in better rewards for the higher risk.

Hey Joel! When are you guys going to fix that DOOFY deer running animation, and in the future will you be able to start a farm with animals like chicken and such? As of now the animal AI makes it almost impossible to keep animals for food.

Love the game BTW! :3 I bought it for a few friends of mine who reaaaaaaally wanted it. I got 350 hours in! :D I've owned the game since alpha 5 but I stopped playing for about a year; which is why my hours aren't very impressive... ( ._.) I mainly just bought it to support it's development.

Joel has said that they are planning on replacing and improving the Unity store placeholder animals we have now. He has also said that domesticating and farming animals are not going to be in this game but possibly in the sequel.

Hi Madmole,

You often say "you'll have to ask Robert or so and so" (sorry, I don't know the team) about the status or how a particular function will work. But where do we find these guys if they don't come on the forum?

Special thanks to Gazz for being so prolific in the forum.

Do you think you can rope any of the others into doing a special Q&A session?

And we so need some mannequins in the game to keep us company. Lol. Hallucinations if poisoned?

Let me contact Robert AKA Kinyajuu and see if he is open to answering terrain and world generation type questions. Kinyajuu is extremely busy but he does appreciate at least reading the forums and loves the fans so I'm sure if he has time to do so he will probably agree to do it.

Crap, didn't realize this was the qa thread, sorry Roland.

bygones :)

Hi MM and Team.

Why dont bandits have mining or other lighted helmets? They appear to roam around like they have perfect night vision.

Bandits are not yet in the game because they are not finished. They are a work in progress and won't appear in Alpha 16. This might be a better question to ask once bandits are actually in the game and not something that is being modded in prematurely.

Hi MM.

With the new zombies coming on A16, there will be some kind of "water zombie"?

For example: a zombie that can swim and bite you, one we can only find on water places.

Madmole has mentioned that zombie water behavior will not be addressed until after water itself has been overhauled. They don't know yet what will be possible until they have the water physics worked out.

I bought 7DTD about a month ago and I absolutely love it, and I know you have a lot of questions to get to, so I'll just keep mine brief. What are your thoughts on implementing musket rifles and flintlock pistols to the game as precursors to training their respective weapon types i.e., blunderbuss/shotguns, given certain restrictions to those weapon types in early game, (forges, calipers, brass, stat limitation) and what are your thoughts on implementing brass knuckles? The machete has a knuckle guard on its 3D model - maybe it would be a very simple edit? The idea of being able to walk up to a zombie and literally knock its block off does sound kind of awesome.

Please watch the Q&A video Vol 9 (The one just before this Q&A) In that video Madmole answers your question because someone asked pretty much the same thing you just did.

hi roland, about the simultaneous box access i asked: sounds like if its a question asked many times its something your player base really wants from your game. could you guys have it as an option in the server config file so admins can allow it on their server? this will still allow official vanilla hosted servers to keep it off as default.

They are aware of how popular the idea is but that is not the reason they are withholding it. They don't want a feature like that in the game because of the monumental can of duping worms it would open. It is work they have assured us adamantly that they will not spend any time doing. It won't be in the game and it won't be an option. Unless modders could possibly figure out how to do it, it is best to let the dream go.

Hey MadMole,

I've put in over 500hrs in the game so far and growing, fantastic game and can't wait to see where the game goes.

Here is the question: Any chance there will be sometime in the future upgradeable backpacks? Such as maybe increase a row per upgrade. Possibly use cloth to upgrade first tier, animal hide second tier, leather third tier etc... Even possibly adding in an armor value to it, maybe adding iron or steel to it on the final tier.

Fantastic Game!

Thanks,

FreeTheGamer

Madmole has said that backpack progression is something they want to do. When has always been ambiguous. It won't be happening in A16 however.

Please make the paint tool so that you are only able to paint a type of material other textures of the same material type... unless in DM mode (i.e. not being able to paint wood to look like steel etc). Or perhaps at least you can only paint textures of a lower HP block (i.e. you can paint brick to look like wood, but not wood to look like brick).

Madmole wants this to be a full feature of the game so it will not be relegated to debug mode. He has also said that he specifically wants people to be able to camouflage their base materials through the use of the painting tool. Thanks for the suggestion but he has already addressed this issue and answered firmly that you will be able to paint wood to look like steel reinforced concrete if you wish (or vice versa). He also mentioned that damaging the block would remove the paint so it would not take much to discover the true nature of a block.

Hi, are there going to be any custom map generation tools at any point? I've been wanting to create a custom multiplayer map revolving a huge underground base, but it's very difficult to do that with the game as-is. For example, you can't create custom player spawns, easily alter terrain and so on.

Mod Edit: Kinyajuu already answered this one. Please edit to ask a different question

In response to whether there would be custom map generation tools:

We are talking tools to allow for custom built worlds. We have tools on our side to allow for sculpting and such, but they are rough drafts. I will be putting work into improving world edit tools but we simply haven't had the time as of yet. Editors are coming though, yes.

In response to asking for details on what those tools would entail:

Yes, I'm involved with it. At this time, no, I still have a lot of design meetings with Rick before I can give even a half gelled answer, let alone a solid one.

Archived