Take Your Time and Make a Good Game Better!

Dreadlow

I've read alot of posts on these forums and have often wondered how many posters really know what "alpha" means.

First of all, I am astonished that this is called an Alpha. If this is an Alpha, imagine how awesome this will be in Beta. I am so fortunate to be able to play "7 Days to Die" in this phase of development. As an Alpha Tester, I know how important feedback is to those developing the game. I also know what Alpha means. It's not a full game and there are many issues/bugs that need to be tested and fixed.

Testers need to realize that sometimes updates need to be delayed if problems arise on the developing end. They want a perfect product to offer us. They will pre-test an update before release and if anything comes up during that testing, they need to fix it before they update. This is Phase Development. They have goals at each phase. They must meet these goals before moving to the next phase. If something comes up and a specific feature doesn't work, they fix it. They can't release and update till they meet all the goals of each phase.

Now, many of you want Alpha 2. However, if something isn't working right or one of their goals hasn't been met, wouldn't you rather they take their time to get it right, than to release a really bad update? :eek:

Sure, they may have given some deadlines. Well sometimes things happen which cause delays. I'm glad that they stick to their goals and delay release till those goals are met.

To The FunPimps: Take your time and make a good game better. Thank you for not giving us a junk game and really taking pride in what you do. I understand you and appreciate that you care about the kind of product you give us. I would rather have no update than to get something just thrown together to make a deadline. Thanks again. I hope all of us will learn to be patient during these early phases of development. :cool:

I am looking forward to the Alpha 2.0 release. I understand it to be a clean build and don't mind the wait. I would like to second the motion by Dreadlow that as far as Alpha's go, this one has alot about it thats pretty clean. It would be kinda cool to see a project report showing how far away everything is... and the goals that need to be met. Although... it's kinda neat to be surprised. Anyhow, good job on the project thus far.

I've read alot of posts on these forums and have often wondered how many posters really know what "alpha" means.

First of all, I am astonished that this is called an Alpha. If this is an Alpha, imagine how awesome this will be in Beta. I am so fortunate to be able to play "7 Days to Die" in this phase of development. As an Alpha Tester, I know how important feedback is to those developing the game. I also know what Alpha means. It's not a full game and there are many issues/bugs that need to be tested and fixed.

Testers need to realize that sometimes updates need to be delayed if problems arise on the developing end. They want a perfect product to offer us. They will pre-test an update before release and if anything comes up during that testing, they need to fix it before they update. This is Phase Development. They have goals at each phase. They must meet these goals before moving to the next phase. If something comes up and a specific feature doesn't work, they fix it. They can't release and update till they meet all the goals of each phase.

Now, many of you want Alpha 2. However, if something isn't working right or one of their goals hasn't been met, wouldn't you rather they take their time to get it right, than to release a really bad update? :eek:

Sure, they may have given some deadlines. Well sometimes things happen which cause delays. I'm glad that they stick to their goals and delay release till those goals are met.

To The FunPimps: Take your time and make a good game better. Thank you for not giving us a junk game and really taking pride in what you do. I understand you and appreciate that you care about the kind of product you give us. I would rather have no update than to get something just thrown together to make a deadline. Thanks again. I hope all of us will learn to be patient during these early phases of development. :cool:

From the kickstarter:

"We have wanted to make this game for over a decade and can finally see the end of the tunnel. We have seen so much support by so many fans saying this is the game they have had in their heads for years and finally someone’s making their dream game. Not only can you help us make this game as reality but you can play a big role in shaping the ongoing development and future design choices for 7 Days to Die.

We realize the importance of growing a strong vision with the support and passion of the people we’re making the game for. We want to build more than a game we want to build a community and relationship with our customers taking input, feedback and ideas early on and working them into the game. It’s not just our game is everyone’s game!

Our relationship with you can be closer than ever with Kickstarter. We have a lot of things planned to keep you informed and in the loop with Dev-Blogs, Video-Blogs, news updates, forum polls and more."

First of all were not testers. I signed up for alpha access, to bug hunt and try the newest and lastest nightly builds, maybe a few that wont even start, I signed up to be a tester, not be fed trickle down "stable" updates. I signed up for the active dev presence and being able to share my input as the game progresses. Im not looking for stable updates, I bought this game early access to help make it, just like they said in the kickstarter. Every gripe I have with this game has nothing to do with gameplay or delayed releases, its the developers lack of information, being locked out of the latest test builds (they have an internal testing team now), and the bull♥♥♥♥ excuses we keep getting for why there was no presence or teh update was delayed. Give us hard information, if the game is delayed because for instance a computer wiped the latest dev build let us know. The community will understand, tell a few jokes and wait for the next bit of info. Weve been kept in the dark with this game since its release, the only information we got during the registration debacle was "Were working on it, be patient" or something along the lines of "would you rather have them fixing it or keeping us in the loop". Id rather be kept in the loop, a quick forum posts only takes minutes. This isnt a matter of patience its a matter of the devs not following through with their promises on the kickstarter.

They need to improve Multiplayer capabilities drastically. It's like Minecraft in the Singleplayer/Multiplayer formula, sure, Singleplayer is a BLAST. But eventually you're going to yearn for something more, fellow friends to mess around with, share laughs with at each other.

Great work TFP, can't wait for Alpha 2.

Multiplayer wasnt supposed to be enabled for a bit, some people figured out how to unlock it, caused all sorts of security issues that needed to be immediately addressed. The pimps rushed out a quick band-aid fix to prevent bad things from happening to good people. I think this changed their development map and made them change immediate directions with development focusing on more multiplayer improvements over basic game mechanics.

Considering the pimps have responded since I made those posts I actually have dropped it and even changed the title to my thread to something positive(they acknowledged the things I said so Im gonna go out on a limb and go with I was in the right). I just wanted it acknowledged, it was Ive moved on (you transparently havnt). My latest post in this thread involved the multiplayer fiasco, now maybe you could actually contribute to the dialog regarding that and how it changed the dev map.

Umm guys why don't we keep the spirit of the thread up and stay positive, the team is doing the best they can to give us a good game, lets just concentrate on that and be patient ok? Don't let this thread derail into a rambling complaint.

Considering the pimps have responded since I made those posts I actually have dropped it and even changed the title to my thread to something positive(they acknowledged the things I said so Im gonna go out on a limb and go with I was in the right). I just wanted it acknowledged, it was Ive moved on (you transparently havnt). My latest post in this thread involved the multiplayer fiasco, now maybe you could actually contribute to the dialog regarding that and how it changed the dev map.

So you actually do think you are a special kid. Amusing.

Anyways, TFP have done a great job so far. They gave me their first alpha build after paying them for it. They quickly fixed some very horrible bugs, and that annoy error console popping up in patch 1.1. As I've tinkered with the UE3 from time to time, I have an idea on how long it takes to develop games and the difficulties entailed in development, and have enjoyed the knowledge that TFP is hard at working making alpha 2 and beyond. Nothing I can be upset about since I've been getting exactly what i payed money for. It's nice to know TFP will continue to provide me with the game they showcased, since I've been involved with fiasco's like The War Z where development was absolutely terrible. I agree with many others, keep up the good work TFP, you've done an amazing job so far.

I agree with OP. for an alpha, this is amazingly good. Alphas usually dont even work right and crash all the time. I have yet to crash on this build and have spent over 50 in game days playing and still loving every bit of it. I cant imagine how well this game will be at launch. drooool.

I just wish more people knew about it and were funding them more. I can easily see this game taking over the place of dayz, warz(lol), even how to survive. Once this game gets to beta or late beta, they should think about a steam greenlight.

But as of right now, in alpha, single player, just scrounging around for resources and surviving is so much fun.

I agree with OP. for an alpha, this is amazingly good. Alphas usually dont even work right and crash all the time. I have yet to crash on this build and have spent over 50 in game days playing and still loving every bit of it. I cant imagine how well this game will be at launch. drooool.

I just wish more people knew about it and were funding them more. I can easily see this game taking over the place of dayz, warz(lol), even how to survive. Once this game gets to beta or late beta, they should think about a steam greenlight.

But as of right now, in alpha, single player, just scrounging around for resources and surviving is so much fun.

They're already Greenlit on Steam.

• 6 years later...

Original post 2013.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

"To The FunPimps: Take your time and make a good game better. Thank you for not giving us a junk game and really taking pride in what you do. I understand you and appreciate that you care about the kind of product you give us. I would rather have no update than to get something just thrown together to make a deadline. Thanks again. I hope all of us will learn to be patient during these early phases of development."

♥♥♥♥ me almost 7 years - I think they have taken the advice to heart.

Sadly, despite many improvements this is STILL AN ALPHA...…..

Archived