SDX Persistent Arrows

HAL9000

• 3 months later...

@Hal: Does this work on an SDX server? It works fine in our SDX SP/MP build, but on the server, the arrows remain in the target as expected, but cannot be recovered. The "E" prompt shows, but does not recover the arrow. Occasionally, it seems to almost work, but the client side throws this error:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int32,Entity].Add (Int32 key, .Entity value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DictionaryList`2[system.Int32,Entity].Add (Int32 _key, .Entity _value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.SpawnEntityInWorld (.Entity _entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageEntitySpawn.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.KU (INetConnection , NetPackageDirection ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

No error shows on server.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi xyth,

All my mods are only tested on SP as I don't play much MP. There's a bunch of weird and wonderful rules about syncing MP stuff that I haven't got into yet. From that error message I think I can add something that will prevent it but not sure if it will allow you to pick the arrow up. I'll put it in the next release. I've just fixed another bug where shooting the bear will cause a null ref so there'll be an update at some point soon.

Update time!

I've changed the way the arrows embed themselves in entities so they should feel less jittery. It's a bit more complicated and is more tied to the entity now so if you hit any NREs post your logs.

Cheers,

Hal

• 5 months later...
Hello, noob here. How do i install SDX mods? Any trick to it, anything additional i need to install? Or just copy everything from "HalArrows" to game folder?

SDX is a piece of software that builds the mods you download and patches the game code to run it.

Download SDX from here

And check out some

for installation tips and tricks

Archived