A16 - Working CCTV Camera and Screen!

three08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does this currently work with A16? I know it is not fully released yet but will there be plans for it? Also I am willing to test on MP Dedicated to see how it works.

Still working on it for A16, I got it mostly working good, but it still has a few issues left to fix before its ready to release.

• 3 weeks later...

re

Unsure, but I did see your reply... I cannot wait to see this in action! Thank you for your time on this.

Thank you, it was shown after some minutes, maybe a little browser problem ;)

This is one of the best mods i know, i hope the release for 16.1 will come soon ^^

Have a nice day

Edit: hopefully for multiplayer servers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It hasn't been tested on mp yet, it might have issues if 2 systems are too close together.

You can find the system in rareTools so tool shops are the best place to find them. In creative mode search for "CCTVSystem"

you place the "CCTVSystem" then break the box and you'll get 4 cameras and a screen, just place them and they connect automatically.

Make sure you check the block numbers before you install the mod.

Thanks for this info three

Blocknumbers? Have i missing some?

The mod will be installed via my gamehoster, i asked him to add this awesome mod, maybe i have to tell him about the blocknumbers?

What i have to check with this?

Orakel

He means he has the SDX xml script set to assign certain ID numbers to the cameras. If you already use those ID numbers, you will need to change his CCTVv2.xml file and use different ID numbers.

It does have issues if two systems are say a house apart in a town, the last system/camera place will be used by both systems, I wonder if a work around could be to have say and A , B and C set of cameras? thus person in first house has set A then set B for 2nd player and set C for third? not sure but I hope that could be made availbe and also a way to have 8 cams over two monitors would be awesome :)

Just my ideas :) , I really need to learn how to code so I can look into this and try and make it work :)

It does have issues if two systems are say a house apart in a town, the last system/camera place will be used by both systems, I wonder if a work around could be to have say and A , B and C set of cameras? thus person in first house has set A then set B for 2nd player and set C for third? not sure but I hope that could be made availbe and also a way to have 8 cams over two monitors would be awesome :)

Just my ideas :) , I really need to learn how to code so I can look into this and try and make it work :)

Its on my list of updates I need to do, not sure when I'll get to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this works in A16.3 both SP and MP. I would like to know if you have any future goals of creating the following for your script...

1) Having 4, 8 and 16 channel setup.

2) Introducing both a wired and wireless system (One would need higher skill points to achieve).

3) Maybe introduce a class that you can invest points into that would unlock larger DVR's (Channels) and wired to wireless systems.

4) Since the introduction of the turrets I would think we could make a Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) camera.

These are some of the ideas I would like to toy with. Just wanted to see if you have any plans for this. I am going to play around with your code some to see about fixing people's cameras being used in the incorrect house. My thought with this is create a DVR or have the TV/DVR setup where you can create a specified Password and MAC ID we will just say and then you must have all cameras on the same MAC. All that are on the same one would then only be viewable on the DVR's or TV's setup with it. Each camera would have four different settings...

1) Camera Name (Can be changed)

2) Channel Number 1-x

3) DVR MAC ID (Can be Custom)

4) DVR Password

If all the cameras contain the same information just different channel number it could then be viewed on your own TV/DVR. Nice thing with this is you would be able to reduce the amount of blocks used and just expand on the line of code to the Camera making it so only one or two if you go wired and wireless would be required.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

doesn't really have value to me as it despawns when you get more than a certain amount of area out of range.

EDIT: Actually this may be a good thing. Somebody forgets to turn it off and it eats FPS.

BTW. love the mod. Just wish it was viewable by all standing around instead of only the controller.

Archived