A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

What does that mean? Is this done automatically or do I have do something to keep it fertilized?

It means if you have say 15 potato plants it takes 5 potatoes to craft 5 Compost, you then take that 5 compost to upgrade the Composter and it will yield 15 Fertilizer so you can upgrade each of those plants with fertilizer again. Every plant needs to be fertilized directly with fertilizer after each harvest.

The composter takes some time before it will become lootable its not instant and it needs to be kept outside.

any bonus yield you get is purley bonus so it wont actually be 1/3 of your crop yield it will be slightly less.

I'm wondering will the RWGmixer change work with the A16.2 B7 release of the game?

Cause I've tried some mods that states it's for the latest version only to knock it down back to A16.1, or just don't work at all.

Yeah everything is working fine for A 16.2 b7 which is also A 16.2 Stable, in fact the mod probably wont work for A 16.1 because I do not have the fixed assembly available for download for A 16.1

It means if you have say 15 potato plants it takes 5 potatoes to craft 5 Compost, you then take that 5 compost to upgrade the Composter and it will yield 15 Fertilizer so you can upgrade each of those plants with fertilizer again. Every plant needs to be fertilized directly with fertilizer after each harvest.

The composter takes some time before it will become lootable its not instant and it needs to be kept outside.

any bonus yield you get is purley bonus so it wont actually be 1/3 of your crop yield it will be slightly less.

Ah ok, so it's 0,91666 fruits on avg every 3,5 days with refertilizing or 1,25 fruits unfertilized every 7 days. But hmmm I dont see it really rewarding for that work. Building the farm just 70% bigger is far less work than having to compost and refertilize every plant after each harvest.

I have a questions about rwgmixer too. Do i have to reapply your compo-pack after each patch or is the updated mod enough? The only shared file is the rwgmixer.xml. Do i even need the rwg mixer anymore when the map is created?

Ah ok, so it's 0,91666 fruits on avg every 3,5 days with refertilizing or 1,25 fruits unfertilized every 7 days. But hmmm I dont see it really rewarding for that work. Building the farm just 70% bigger is far less work than having to compost and refertilize every plant after each harvest.

I have a questions about rwgmixer too. Do i have to reapply your compo-pack after each patch or is the updated mod enough? The only shared file is the rwgmixer.xml. Do i even need the rwg mixer anymore when the map is created?

your math is a little weird but it is definately worth it to fertilize the crops, just keep a composter full and ready for each harvest then after you harvest you refertilize the crops.

The fertlizer is for when you have decent size crops going, once you have like 40 of each crop type it will be very nice to be able to cut their grow time in half.

And no you dont need to update the compo pack unless I make changes to the rwgmixer itself and I will post that in the update notes and do not remove or change the rwgmixer once you started a world with it or it could corrupt your world.

When you update my mod after I make updates do not update the rwgmixer file with the one in my main mod download or again it will have issues because the compo pack needs the Compo Pack specific rwgmixer.

your math is a little weird but it is definately worth it to fertilize the crops, just keep a composter full and ready for each harvest then after you harvest you refertilize the crops.

And no you dont need to update the compo pack unless I make changes to the rwgmixer itself and I will post that in the update notes and do not remove or change the rwgmixer once you started a world with it or it could corrupt your world.

When you update my mod after I make updates do not update the rwgmixer file with the one in my main mod download or again it will have issues because the compo pack needs the Compo Pack specific rwgmixer.

My math:

A unfertilized plant gives 1 fruit + 0,25 fruit (on avg) per 7 day. A fertilized plant gives the same per 3,5 day, but needs 0,33.. fruits of that to maintain that speed.

To sum it up:

Fertilized: 1+0,25-0,33..= 0,9166.. fruits per 3,5 days

Unfertilized: (1+0,25):2= 0,625 fruits per 3,5 days

So making the unfertilized farm 50% bigger gives the same fruits/time as the fertilized one. Without the need to care about refertilizing every time.

I havent fertilized yet, but I think refertilizing the whole farm every time I harvest over the whole gametime is a lot more timeconsuming than building it 50% bigger for one time.

RWG:

So it's enough to download your updated mod, delete the rwgmixer.xml of it (so i keep my old one from compo), an copy all into my gamefolder again?

My math:

A unfertilized plant gives 1 fruit + 0,25 fruit (on avg) per 7 day. A fertilized plant gives the same per 3,5 day, but needs 0,33.. fruits of that to maintain that speed.

To sum it up:

Fertilized: 1+0,25-0,33..= 0,9166.. fruits per 3,5 days

Unfertilized: (1+0,25):2= 0,625 fruits per 3,5 days

So making the unfertilized farm 50% bigger gives the same fruits/time as the fertilized one. Without the need to care about refertilizing every time.

I havent fertilized yet, but I think refertilizing the whole farm every time I harvest over the whole gametime is a lot more timeconsuming than building it 50% bigger for one time.

RWG:

So it's enough to download your updated mod, delete the rwgmixer.xml of it (so i keep my old one from compo), an copy all into my gamefolder again?

Ok I see what you are doing with the calculation now, I may have to revisit how farming works or simply increase the time it takes for unfertilized crops to grow I will think about it for a while.

And yeah you can just delete the rwgmixer before updating so it stays unchanged. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just started to use this mod, so far its really good.

Wanted to ask, and wondered if it was possible. Can we have Prone back so we can crawl under things and through a one block space like was was able in the early alpha's ?

No I can not do that type of modding, I am sure it would be possible with sdx tools maybe and if I knew how to code C# wish I knew cause I liked that feature too.

I also liked how light slowed zombies down and wish I could bring that back too.

Balancing:

As my tool smithing is 37 right now and steel is smiling towards me, I checked my mining tools skill which is only lvl 9 although im digging below my base all nights. Taking 6 hours nonstop mining to get half a skillup. Not sure if its too slow or just right, as steel should be hard to reach. But your mentioned sloggy start in mining could be defused by making the first 69er perk available abit earlier?

Progression:

I always wondered why the chemistry station is so hard to get (although one could use the one at a trader, but we refuse to do that, as it feels like cheating). For so many items we need that station. Sure it gives some better recipes. But holy moly how many worlds must I plaster with aloe vera plants to level science up in reasonable time to get there? ;-) The omni gel reads pretty potent, maybe even overpowered. What do you think of making science station 50 and omni stays 70 or goes up to 75?

Balancing:

As my tool smithing is 37 right now and steel is smiling towards me, I checked my mining tools skill which is only lvl 9 although im digging below my base all nights. Taking 6 hours nonstop mining to get half a skillup. Not sure if its too slow or just right, as steel should be hard to reach. But your mentioned sloggy start in mining could be defused by making the first 69er perk available abit earlier?

Progression:

I always wondered why the chemistry station is so hard to get (although one could use the one at a trader, but we refuse to do that, as it feels like cheating). For so many items we need that station. Sure it gives some better recipes. But holy moly how many worlds must I plaster with aloe vera plants to level science up in reasonable time to get there? ;-) The omni gel reads pretty potent, maybe even overpowered. What do you think of making science station 50 and omni stays 70 or goes up to 75?

69er stays where its at :)

I have already tested and balanced mining 6 hours is nothing you need to mine all day and all night I can get 2-3 levels per day in mining if I am focusing on mining for the full day and night. It is the only skill which gets used way more than teh others since all tools except the stoen axe goes towards it, digging with the shovel, mining with the pick, chopping trees.

Chemistry station is at a high unlock because it is the only place to craft omnigel which is a way to have infinite resources on servers and for those that do not want to mine anymore.

All recipes should be available at the old and new ovens with a beaker the craft times are just doubled, I did notice a couple recipes I forgot to add to the ovens so that is fixed here soon.

Update (8/6/17)

+Recipes

-Added Oil is now craftable at the old and new working ovens

-Added Steel Polish is now craftable at the old and new working ovens

-Added Paper is now craftable at the old and new working ovens

-Changed steal tipped spear now requires 1 forged steel and 6 steel arrow heads

-Changed iron tipped spear now requires 1 forged iron and 6 iron arrow heads

+Items

-Slightly increased experience gain per swing from using mining tools from 4 to 5 steel pick went from 6 to 7 because it has a slower swing speed

Yeah you made some points =)

Ovens! totally forgot about them. I always saw so many chemistry symbols next to recipes that i didnt think of ovens. Any advice where to look for beakers or is the chance the same for every container? Can you even change the probabilities of specific items in specific containers?

Yeah you made some points =)

Ovens! totally forgot about them. I always saw so many chemistry symbols next to recipes that i didnt think of ovens. Any advice where to look for beakers or is the chance the same for every container? Can you even change the probabilities of specific items in specific containers?

Kill lots of nurses and check the pop'n pills stores for beakers also you can get them in medicine cabinets. Probability go up as player level goes up. You can also upgrade the ovens in the buildings into working ovens.

- - - Updated - - -

This wood pole on the ground when hit with my axe has 7000hp and gives back iron

What prefab is that? the texture issues are coming from prefabs that is a stainless steel block, I don't think I can fix that without editing the prefab itself.

Its a 2 story gas station, with lots of loot i might add :)

Lol it must be from the compo pack, maybe you should let them know on the compo thread, maybe they either have a reason for it or maybe they dont know about it.

But yeah any compo pack prefabs just ignore whatever texture is displayed on a block and just go with its hp, if it has high hp like that and it returns metal then you know its a metal block.

This problem has come from when the fun pimps made it so you can make any block look like any block with painting.

I guess prefabs can and should be able to save textures to blocks since it come in handy for some situations but it does look odd in other situations.

I would only get worried if you see metal coming from a block that has only 750 hp for eg that would mean that the block is supposed to be wood because of its HP and thus should be returning wood for eg. but if the HP of the block coincides with the type of resources being gathered I would say that is fine.

Ok I think you nerfed the spear too much. Slower hitspeed is fine, but the range was nerfed too much. I see no range benefit of it anymore. Isnt it even closer than a sledge now? The sledge can also knockdown pretty good. Spear should have more range than it to make safer poking viable.

Ok I think you nerfed the spear too much. Slower hitspeed is fine, but the range was nerfed too much. I see no range benefit of it anymore. Isnt it even closer than a sledge now? The sledge can also knockdown pretty good. Spear should have more range than it to make safer poking viable.

All weapons now have the same range as punching and the spears and sledge have the same range but ar ebit further. I am still tweaking range but first I have progression to finish.

When i was doing tests on weapon range I felt it was too easy to cheese the zombies by range they were all set to 2.2 blocks away which is quite far, now they are set to 1.65 which feels better but I might increase them all to 1.75 and put the spear and sledge at 2.0 or 2.2

Hm ok, so only bows for now, as one microstuttering is actually enough get myself hit in melee.

You also might want to look into barter xp. Right now, every item we sell gives a whole level.

Edit: Yeah melee is no option for me with this range. Normally, I could hit and run a bit, so the zombies dont hit me that often. But microstuttering happens, so counterhits happen. Usually not a problem. But due to the harder setting with this mod, it's just too risky to go melee for me (us).

I always saw melee this way: Cheese one zombie quite save to death, but risk getting surprised by one from behind or arrange yourself into a deadend. The trick was to manage the overview. That way, it isnt so frusttrating when one microstutter happens. It felt rewarding as the lack in my playerskill was the only reason when bad things happen.

Oh, and sorry if I sound like complaining all the time. It's more like ideas for improvement. Overall I pretty much like the mod so far =)

Update (8/6/17)

+Items

-Restored all weapon ranges and set spear to use the same range as the sledgehammer 2.4

-Reduced spike club dismemberment chance

-Reduced sledgehammer dismemberment chance

+Progression

-Changed amount of skill points gained per player level to 7 from 5

-Increased barter experience per level to 2000 from 100 (should now have to sell about 20 items per level)

-Increased experience required per player level accordingly

-Changed Light Armor now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 tailoring

-Changed Medium Armor now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 leatherworking

-Changed Heavy Armor now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 armor smithing

-Changed Generator Perk now only requires 10 skill points instead of 15

-Changed Knife Guy is now called Jack The Ripper and now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 blade weapons

-Changed Robin Hood now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Archery

-Changed The Outlaw now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Pistols

-Changed Boom Stick now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Shotguns

-Changed Better Lead Than Dead now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Rifles

-Added Billy The Kid has 3 levels and increases dismemberment chance for rifles from 10% to 30%

-Changed Pummel Pete now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Blunt Weapons

-Added Skull Crusher has 3 levels and increases dismemberment chance for blunt weapons from 10% to 30%

-Changed Miner 69er now has 5 levels and the first level can now be purchased at lvl 10 Mining Tools

Archived