A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

I hate the wasteland biome, now ill hate it even more lol. Im slightly against landmines randomly spawned, alot can go wrong lol

- - - Updated - - -

Update (7/24/17)

Semi Important!

Mods/ACPIcons/ItemIcons

-I had to rename an Icon because I am an idiot and spelt health wrong, this is going to require you to do at least 1 of 2 things

-First things and most important thing is to update your item icons, this will add a new item icon named ui_game_symbol_health2

-Second thing you should do is properly locate the misspelled item icon and delete it (ui_game_symbol_helath2), or simply find that Item Icon and rename it and you wont have to update them.

Just tell everyone to delete the mod, and have the launcher install new one

I've been playing the mod for a little while now, LOVE it Clockwork. Very good work, I was a big fan of the True Survival mod in A15, and this is very reminiscent!

As for the mines, I am mixed. While I like the idea of the disarming and such, the fact it's so difficult already, I could only image the frustration if I had found some nice loot, didn't have a bed roll yet and hit a mine :excitement:

Keep up the great work, it's much appreciated!

I've been playing the mod for a little while now, LOVE it Clockwork. Very good work, I was a big fan of the True Survival mod in A15, and this is very reminiscent!

As for the mines, I am mixed. While I like the idea of the disarming and such, the fact it's so difficult already, I could only image the frustration if I had found some nice loot, didn't have a bed roll yet and hit a mine :excitement:

Keep up the great work, it's much appreciated!

Thanks you for the feedback, glad you are enjoying the mod!

I am still waiting on more feedback from everyone before I make a decision on the mines, but I do have some good ideas to make venturing to these biomes like the wasteland and desert more rewarding but there will be trade offs for it.

But dont worry I do know how to make a game fun and challenging without making it frustrating and RNG based, without revealing too much about what I have planned I will say that I too would be upset if I was killed by something RNG based or something I could not prepare for or at least have the skill to overcome.

Update (7/26/17)

General update notes, I have added broken down blade traps that are buried in the sand of the desert biome, they are only one block deep so you can get out there and try find them.

I have added broken down turrets to the wasteland biome, and I have also increased the spawn chance of land mines in the wasteland, one trick I will say is that the land mines are only set to spawn in the main biome section so if you stick to the patches of sub biome you are safe from explosions, I have also had no choice but to allow you to pick land mines up directly since I can not have them upgrade into another block, but as a trade off they now only stack to 1.

Once you find a broken down turret or blade trap it can be dismantled with a wrench and you can then take it back to your base and place it down, once you place it down it will have to be upgraded a few times with different materials each time until it turns into a working turret or blade trap, the resources required to upgrade them to a working version is the same it would cost to craft them only this allows you to get them before you can unlock the ability to craft them!

+Mods/ACPIcons/ItemIcons

-Added icons for broken down turrets

-Added icon for broken down blade trap

+Rwgmixer

-Fixed an issue with mountians

+Blocks

-Added broken down turrets both auto and shotgun

-Added broken down blade trap

-Changed all land mines can now be picked up

-Changed stack size of all land mines to now be only 1

I had a difuser kit all made up and everything just to realize you can not upgrade land mines into another block it is hard coded, so I decided you can now pick them up directly but they now only stack to 1 (yeah Im not to happy with TFP atm)

+Localization

-Added names and descriptions for the new broken down turrets and blade trap

+Biomes

-Added broken down turrets to wasteland biome (dismantle with a wrench)

-Added broken down blade traps to the desert biome (dismantle with a wrench)

-Removed vanilla spawn chance of land mines in the wasteland biome (yeah i did not know they were already set to spawn there, but they were)

-Added spawn chance of candy tin mine only, to wasteland biome

These first few images will show how sparse the blade traps are in the desert, I feel its a nice balance.

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-00-16.jpg?raw=true

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-00-38.jpg?raw=true

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-00-50.jpg?raw=true

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-19-55.jpg?raw=true

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-22-00.jpg?raw=true

Alpha_16.1_2017-07-26_14-22-08.jpg?raw=true

How do we find the traps in desert? Randomly dig?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup if you are referring to the download links then yes if you were to download the mod now and install it you will have the new added features.

I think your very first post needs updating, theres references to A15

How do we find the traps in desert? Randomly dig?

- - - Updated - - -

I think your very first post needs updating, theres references to A15

Yup you randomly dig! You have to get sand anyways may as well find some goodies along the way. :)

I did update my first post yesterday, I cant find any other reference to previous alphas, hopefully I found them all. If you see any let me know, and thanks!

Update (7/27/17)

+Blocks

-Added Steel Blade Trap (Regular blade trap will upgrade into it, it also costs a bit more power to run)

-Changed all blade traps to use their material value for its HP (This will increase regular blade traps HP to 3000 and steel blade traps to 5000)

-Changed Blade traps and steel blade traps downgrade paths to now have broken stages so they will not be destroyed as fast

-Fixed all harvest events for blocks that gave scrap iron so they are balanced with their material and recipe costs

-Changed Wood Blocks no longer give nails when being harvested with a claw hammer (Except for types of blocks that require nails in the recipe and are not extended from another block, for eg old chair, wood fence sheet)

-Changed Wood Frame Blocks are now the only stage of block that will give nails when harvested with a claw hammer

-Changed all wood blocks to now use their proper material based off of their recipe costs (Eg. if it costs 10 wood to craft a block it will have 750 hp and use wood_regular material, if it costs 20 wood to craft that block it will have 1250 HP and use wood+wood material etc.)

-Fixed all harvest events for wood blocks so they are balanced with their material HP / recipe costs where applicable

-Changed stick spikes can no longer be placed on top of each other

-Changed candy tin mines can no longer be picked up

-Increased stack size of all mines to 10

+Biomes

-Reduced candy tin mines spawn by half in the wasteland biome

+Recipes

-Added recipe for wood cabinet old top

-Changed recipe for blade trap to no longer require steel

-Adjusted a few other recipes in accordance with my changes to harvest events for blocks

Update (7/27/17)

+Blocks

-Fixed upgrade event for bladeTrapBroken1

-Changed Auto Turret now downgrades into a broken auto turret

-Changed Shotgun Turret now downgrades into a broken shotgun turret

-Fixed harvest events for Auto Turret and Shotgun Turret

-Changed Blade Trap now downgrades into bladeTrapBroken (less stages for it to break into and more stages to upgrade from once broken)

-Changed Steel Blade trap now downgrades into bladeTrapBroken1 (more stages for it to break into and less stages to upgrade from once broken)

I have a hack way of creating land mines that will allow me to create an upgrade path thus allowing me to create a way to disarm land mines, however this would involve me changing how land mines work entirely, they would no longer create an AOE explosion but rather I would change the land mines into a regular block like the spikes that would cause damage to the person walking on it and casts a buff when walked on that would create an explosion sound effect, the down side is like I said the damage would only be done to any entity walked on it and the explosion would be just an artificial sound.

I am not too keen on the idea but I really do want to be able to disarm land mines.

Tell me your thoughts!

EDIT: Scratch the bomb suit idea it would be too op against zombies.

Update at free will, at least you are updating and being creative!

Lol yeah I have a couple more things I want to do, I want to rework how blocks are upgraded and maybe either recipe costs or recipes themselves.

For eg I want to make it so only certain tools, eg trowel can only upgrade wood into concrete, welder is only capable of upgrading to Iron and steel, then what I want to do MAYBE is make it so that you can only craft and place down wood frames and everything has to be upgraded from there, the new painting options allows me to do this without worrying about what type of block you can craft.

what do you think? It is a bit of a change and I was going to wait and on this for a while then play test it for myself for a while before considering publishing it.

This Brick wall gives wood when hit with stone axe, also give wood sound.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1092333339

- - - Updated - - -

Lol yeah I have a couple more things I want to do, I want to rework how blocks are upgraded and maybe either recipe costs or recipes themselves.

For eg I want to make it so only certain tools, eg trowel can only upgrade wood into concrete, welder is only capable of upgrading to Iron and steel, then what I want to do MAYBE is make it so that you can only craft and place down wood frames and everything has to be upgraded from there, the new painting options allows me to do this without worrying about what type of block you can craft.

what do you think? It is a bit of a change and I was going to wait and on this for a while then play test it for myself for a while before considering publishing it.

Great idea. We've made it so stone axe, cant upgrade/downgrade. Also added sticks to blocks, and used sticks as mats for tools. I love mods that think of the smallest detail, like nails, sticks, bolts for metal parts.

This Brick wall gives wood when hit with stone axe, also give wood sound.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1092333339

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea. We've made it so stone axe, cant upgrade/downgrade. Also added sticks to blocks, and used sticks as mats for tools. I love mods that think of the smallest detail, like nails, sticks, bolts for metal parts.

Strange all brick blocks extend from brick master and brick master is all good, if the HP of the wall is less than 1500 then its probably a wood block painted to look like brick IDK.

And that is good to hear, I am actually currently doing a real play through right now and testing everything and making small tweaks to balance.

thanks for the added stress

just loaded up your mod and combo pack and tried to play about 5 different times on the normal settings. Can a guy get a pee break in game? I could not find a safe spot to stand and just craft some simple items without being overrun. only the outskirts in desert aloud me time. i could at least see them coming. my head was already on a swivel. now i need eyes in the back of my head. BTW i love the new look and the overall system. the only thing i would like is some form of rug or flooring to spruce up my base. I have finally been able to have a semi safe house at the edge town. but i needed to got down on the level to scavenger to survive. sorry im old and fat and im tired of leaping out of my chair every five min. LOL

Thanks for this wonderful build. keep up the good work. cant wait for the next update.

just loaded up your mod and combo pack and tried to play about 5 different times on the normal settings. Can a guy get a pee break in game? I could not find a safe spot to stand and just craft some simple items without being overrun. only the outskirts in desert aloud me time. i could at least see them coming. my head was already on a swivel. now i need eyes in the back of my head. BTW i love the new look and the overall system. the only thing i would like is some form of rug or flooring to spruce up my base. I have finally been able to have a semi safe house at the edge town. but i needed to got down on the level to scavenger to survive. sorry im old and fat and im tired of leaping out of my chair every five min. LOL

Thanks for this wonderful build. keep up the good work. cant wait for the next update.

You want a pee break AND a rug? It's The Dude all over again.... =D

Lol sure I will look into adding the rug blocks into the recipes, I will probably add a few more ways for aesthetic touches as well. I believe you can paint all the different textures as well, so I will look into that and see if any texture ID's could be added to painting.

Glad you are enjoying the mod, and thank you for the feedback! :)

Archived