Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

I wonder then what the point is of having "allowed upgrade items"

According to the wrench it should only allow you to upgrade with certain items:

<property name="Allowed_upgrade_items" value="wood,scrapIron,forgedIron,forgedSteel,concreteMix,cobblestones" />

Strange. Yet my "Remote", which uses the same property to only allow it to repair with itself, cannot repair woodframes. It just flashes that I need wood (even though I have it in my inventory).

Curious indeed.

The only change I have made that might be considered a bit questionable is the stamina drain of shovels
Before I even saw this thread, that was one of the few changes on my short list to change myself. It just felt very odd that the shovel would tire you so fast as compared to a pickaxe. If anything, I can use a shovel all day IRL but swinging a pickaxe would tire me out which requires much more energy per swing.

But since this is a game to have fun in, I'd rather just have all my tools with similar drain on stamina and enjoy the benefits of leveling up and seeing my stamina allow me to do things for much longer the strong I get.

I have to wonder though if it was set that way because of the ratio of what you collect per hit. Shovels can collect a lot of dirt/sand with very few swipes unlike other tools that may take many swipes for a single block. Regardless, a shovel should be able to move a lot more material than any other tool during the same amount of time primarily due to the nature of the material itself.

Wow, overthinking this way too much...time to get back in the game.

TL;DR - My vote is with Clockwork Orange. Reduce the stamina drain on shovels.

LHammonds

Change was misspelled.

I was under the impression if it is posted here then it is "free to use"

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- sharing is caring

Thanks for letting me know I have fixed the spelling error, if you are referring to the modders post i only posted that since Valmar PM's me about using it in his mod and just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that it is complete ok to use for your mods or anything.

I can only hope that all modders use these files as base files to mod off of so that everyone can have a fully fixed game. :)

I was under the impression if it is posted here then it is "free to use"
I think you misunderstand free to use verse free to re-distribute. True, if you post a modification here, anyone can download the changes and apply it to their game or server...that's what this forum is for.

Taking those changes and re-uploading them in your own mod can put you on tricky ground. Anytime someone creates something, they are automatically protected by copyright law. Most modders here may not care if their work is re-distributed in other collections or might even desire it but if they do not explicitly say so, you cannot just assume so and be "in the clear."

So if you post mods, be sure to make it clear about your position regarding other modders modding what you did and re-distributing. This will keep the legal issues much more clear.

So if you see a mod author posting his/her work but not making it clear about others modding/redistributing, encourage them to make their thoughts clear like Clockwork Orange did.

LHammonds

I wonder then what the point is of having "allowed upgrade items"

According to the wrench it should only allow you to upgrade with certain items:

<property name="Allowed_upgrade_items" value="wood,scrapIron,forgedIron,forgedSteel,concreteMix,cobblestones" />

Strange. Yet my "Remote", which uses the same property to only allow it to repair with itself, cannot repair woodframes. It just flashes that I need wood (even though I have it in my inventory).

Curious indeed.

I think I found out why this is working i think it is because the short metal pipe does not have <property name="RepairAmount" value="10" /> associated with it.

So maybe any item that does not have this code can maybe be used by any repair tool to repair things...

- - - Updated - - -

Tested it out. Didn't work for me. Is your wrench code different by chance?

nope i didn't change anything with the wrench.

Maybe it was because I was in cheat mode to spawn the stuff in to test it...

I think I found out why this is working i think it is because the short metal pipe does not have <property name="RepairAmount" value="10" /> associated with it.

So maybe any item that does not have this code can maybe be used by any repair tool to repair things...

- - - Updated - - -

nope i didn't change anything with the wrench.

Maybe it was because I was in cheat mode to spawn the stuff in to test it...

Nah you're solid. I'm just stupid. :)

I was trying to upgrade it, NOT repair. After DAMAGING the block first I was able to repair it.

My bad.

Nah you're solid. I'm just stupid. :)

I was trying to upgrade it, NOT repair. After DAMAGING the block first I was able to repair it.

My bad.

Lol no worries but that still leaves the quest as to how it is possible without it being added to the repair tool like the others, other than what I stated as that short metal pipes do not have a repair value associated with them....

i just made another fast test with solid rebar ramp frame and changed the repair item to omnigel which is a modded item that is in my game and it works fine as well without having to add it to the repair tool. And it has no repair value associated with it. :)

I think you misunderstand free to use verse free to re-distribute. True, if you post a modification here, anyone can download the changes and apply it to their game or server...that's what this forum is for.

Taking those changes and re-uploading them in your own mod can put you on tricky ground. Anytime someone creates something, they are automatically protected by copyright law. Most modders here may not care if their work is re-distributed in other collections or might even desire it but if they do not explicitly say so, you cannot just assume so and be "in the clear."

So if you post mods, be sure to make it clear about your position regarding other modders modding what you did and re-distributing. This will keep the legal issues much more clear.

So if you see a mod author posting his/her work but not making it clear about others modding/redistributing, encourage them to make their thoughts clear like Clockwork Orange did.

LHammonds

Ahhhahhhhaaaahhhahhhhaaa...good one

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- I am the law

Thanks again for collecting these fixes in one place! This is a great base for modders to use. One more fix that I think should at least be looked into is in the entitygroups.xml. Currently, there is the 'ZombieWastelandNight' and 'ZombieWastelandNight2' groups. The 7 night hordes from day 21-35 use the ZombieWastelandNight group, and then from day 42+, it switches to using the ZombieWastelandNight2 group. Presumably, the ZombieWasteland2 group should allow spawning of tougher zombies, but it looks wrong to me. While the ZombieWasteland2 group does have a 5% higher chance of spawning ZombieCops, it seems to not be able to spawn Feral zombies (so the way it stands now, feral zombies can only spawn on night 21, 28, and 35). Another problem is the spawn probability of the male (stronger) zombies is reduced slightly in ZombieWasteland2... so you end up getting less chance of male (stronger) zombies, no chance of ferals, and a slightly higher chance of zombie cops and zombie bears from day 42+. This seems wrong to me.

Here are the original files:

ZombiesWastelandNight

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight">
	<entity name="spiderzombie"/>
       <entity name="zombieBoe" prob="0.05"/>
       <entity name="zombieJoe" prob="0.05"/>
       <entity name="zombieSteve" prob="0.05"/>
       <entity name="zombieMoe" prob="0.05"/>
       <entity name="zombieYo" prob="0.05"/>
	<entity name="zombieArlene" />
	<entity name="zombieDarlene" />
	<entity name="zombieMarlene" />
	<entity name="zombieNurse" />		
	<entity name="hornet" prob="0.15"/>
	<entity name="zombiedog" prob="0.15"/>
	<entity name="zombieSteveCrawler" prob="0.05"/>
	<entity name="fatzombiecop" prob="0.15"/>
	<entity name="burntzombie" prob="0.05"/>
	<entity name="zombieBear" prob="0.05"/>
	<entity name="zombieferal" prob="0.05"/>
	<!-- <entity name="zombieFemaleHazmat" prob="0.02" /> -->

</entitygroup>

ZombieWastelandNight2:

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight2">
       <entity name="zombieBoe" prob="0.03"/>
       <entity name="zombieJoe" prob="0.03"/>
       <entity name="zombieSteve" prob="0.03"/>
       <entity name="zombieMoe" prob="0.03"/>
       <entity name="zombieYo" prob="0.03"/>
	<entity name="zombieArlene" />
	<entity name="zombieDarlene" />
	<entity name="zombieMarlene" />
	<entity name="zombieNurse" />
	<entity name="spiderzombie" prob="0.15"/>		
	<entity name="hornet" prob="0.15"/>
	<entity name="zombiedog" prob="0.20"/>
	<entity name="zombieSteveCrawler" prob="0.03"/>
	<entity name="zombieBear" prob="0.1"/>
	<entity name="fatzombiecop" prob="0.2"/>
	<entity name="burntzombie" prob="0.03"/>
   </entitygroup>

You are welcome! :D

This is going to a controversial change I think, since zombie bears and ferals are really strong plus take in account for needing variance

I will propose that I will change the spawning code so that it will alternate between these two groups up until day 203 then on day 210 you will get the feral spawning horde (ZombiesWastelandNight) repeating every 7 days...?

h0tr0d, play nice now ;) I hate to say but LHammonds is correct every modder has a right to the work they do and should be treated with respect although there may not be legal documents backing up any modders mod, this does not give anyone the right to redistribute there work without their permission.

Just an FYI, but from the EULA any mods are essentially open for TFP to use in any way they wish, and that includes players of the game.

From the EULA - USER CREATED CONTENT section: "You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to Licensor’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law."

While it is certainly nice if people give credit to others for use of what they create (although that's a tricky mess, how can you prove something is copied vs created independently with a text edit with limited valid syntax?) there is no legal standpoint for a modder to claim copyright that would hold up in court (based on my non lawyer understanding of the EULA).

That is why I stated there may not be any legal documentation or legal grounds for a modder to stand on, but in order for the modding community to thrive modders still need to be treated with the respect they deserve.

A good example is my Let me decorate mod that incorporates Rongo The Bolds mods as well , I most certainly asked him first before I published the combined works.

That is why I stated there may not be any legal documentation or legal grounds for a modder to stand on, but in order for the modding community to thrive modders still need to be treated with the respect they deserve.

A good example is my Let me decorate mod that incorporates Rongo The Bolds mods as well , i most certainly asked him first before I published the combined works.

No one is disrespecting any modder or their work, that is an example of "strawman" fallacy of argument. You're asserting that in clarifying that modders aren't covered by copyright laws or, that in posting your "work" in the modding forums you are not somehow "protected', is me not considering that...how did you say..."every modder has a right to the work they do and should be treated with respect".

First off, no one has any "right" to do the work they do. What does that even mean? If anyone has any "rights" it's TFP owning the game and its code, or how this forum/game operates.

"...this does not give anyone the right to redistribute there work without their permission" is another fallacy of argument; you are making an argument by assertion. This is false.

This topic has been discussed repeatedly on these forums...asking is a courtesy. There is a very clear understanding.

If you don't want your code used; don't post it.
Your idea probably isn't original and if it is and you don't want it used...refer to the previous statement.
No one's mods are "copyrighted".
Modders don't "own" the code or the game.
Asking "permission" is a courtesy, and one which is well regarded. Not enforceable and not mandatory.

Just an FYI, but from the EULA any mods are essentially open for TFP to use in any way they wish, and that includes players of the game.

From the EULA - USER CREATED CONTENT section: "You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to Licensor’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law."

While it is certainly nice if people give credit to others for use of what they create (although that's a tricky mess, how can you prove something is copied vs created independently with a text edit with limited valid syntax?) there is no legal standpoint for a modder to claim copyright that would hold up in court (based on my non lawyer understanding of the EULA).

GG

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- I'd call you a sadistic equestrian necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.

Update (1/6/16)

Fixed all of these!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36458-13-6-List-of-XML-bugs-typos-and-missed-properties

including the ability to now place double doors.

And having the duster properly unlocked with leatherJacketSchematic

And the spelling mistake:

<block id="156" name="solid[color="#FFFF00"]e[/color]scrapIronFrameWedge60">

<block id="157" name="scrapIronWedge60">    
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="solid[color="#FFFF00"]e[/color]scrapIronFrameWedge60" />

:)

LHammonds

Copyright Law?

LMAO. Maybe madmole can come in and have something to say about any of you or myself included throwing copyright around. It is HIS code, HIS game . None of us own ANY of it.

There are absolutely NO legal issues outside of the ones you are creating in your own mind. Is it a ♥♥♥♥ thing to do to take someone elses work? YES. And if anyone does it here without permission they should be banned. But legal? Dont start that nonsense.

Clockwork, you are doing the work of an angel my friend. I went in and added all of this to my game and did not realize how many mistakes are in these xmls. This is a wonderful post. You should be recognized and commended.

Update (1/6/16)

+Blocks

-Removed a lot more blank spaces

-suitcase Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="5" /></property>

-gasPump Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-wallSafe Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="forgedIron" value="5" /></property>

-mailbox mailBox01 mailBox02 mailBox03 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="5" /></property>

-smokestackRed Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-smokestackRedCube Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-smokestackRedWedge Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-fridge Added Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-desk01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-desk02 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-oldChair Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="5" /></property>

-chair01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="5" /></property>

-officeChair01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="5" /></property>

-tileFloor3 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="concreteMix" value="10" /></property>

-tile3StairsQF Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="concreteMix" value="10" /></property>

-endTable Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="5" /></property>

-endTableLamp Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="5" /></property>

-munitionsBox Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-storeShelving01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-storeShelving01Double Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-storeShelving01Top Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-storeShelving01TopDouble Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="10" /></property>

-pew_segment01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-pew_segment02 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-pew_segment03 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-chest01 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-chest02 Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

-bin Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="scrapIron" value="5" /></property>

-nightstand Added <property class="RepairItems"><property name="wood" value="10" /></property>

For the record I only asked out of courtesy since some modders lose their ♥♥♥♥ if you as much as hint at using something of theirs without asking first. It was to avoid possible drama, not for legal or "copyright" issues. Funny though that still lead to a copyright discussion to some. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Archived