V1.0 b336 Hotfix

Hey Survivors!

We're back with our latest hotfix, v1.0 b336. This update fixes a major bug causing characters in saves with the 'Enemy Spawning' setting toggled off and back on to become fully encumbered and unresponsive. This was part of a larger problem related to an NRE involving sleeper volumes in specific POIs. This hotfix will also correct save files affected by this issue.

For our console users, this update also includes some stability improvements, specifically on the Xbox X/S platform.

While summer vacation may be almost over, we're STILL hard at work on optimizations, bug fixes, Roadmap updates, and getting v1.1 Experimental to you.

Be sure to follow us on X for more updates!

www.x.com/7daystodie

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

1 minute ago, MichaelL. said:

For those of us using 1.1 experimental, has this hotfix already been included in 1.1?  Or will the be a separate 'hotfix' for 1.1?

The savegame fix is already in V1.1 EXP, the Xbox stability fixes not yet, but will be deployed with the next build released to V1.1 EXP

Hey, any word on a rare audio bug on Series X? My friend and only a couple other people seem to have it.

Upon start up of the game, game audio gets choppy, it kills Xbox Party chat and makes it choppy, and the xbox home button when pressed opens up the shutdown console menu. 

This happens everytime my friend tries to play, and the only solution so far is to not try to play. Cache clear, different world, hard resets, reinstall; none work.

5 minutes ago, IMMORTALP74 said:

Hey, any word on a rare audio bug on Series X? My friend and only a couple other people seem to have it.

Upon start up of the game, game audio gets choppy, it kills Xbox Party chat and makes it choppy, and the xbox home button when pressed opens up the shutdown console menu. 

This happens everytime my friend tries to play, and the only solution so far is to not try to play. Cache clear, different world, hard resets, reinstall; none work.

Should this still be an issue in V1.1 ..

V1.1 will have a bug report feature for console, which would grant us access to the output log and see what is going on on your friend's end, so this can be addressed rapidly.

7 minutes ago, Hated said:

Should this still be an issue in V1.1 ..

V1.1 will have a bug report feature for console, which would grant us access to the output log and see what is going on on your friend's end, so this can be addressed rapidly.

Thanks! Much appreciated 

Hi devs,

Just a question. Will the next update fix any of the poor fps issues during horde night. I’m on a PS5 and it’s unplayable during the horde. I uploaded this YouTube video, if you would like to watch the FPS drop to practically 2 you are more than welcome. If you do watch, skip to 2 mins that’s the worst part.

Edited by Franbogg (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Franbogg said:

Hi devs,

Just a question. Will the next update fix any of the poor fps issues during horde night. I’m on a PS5 and it’s unplayable during the horde. I uploaded this YouTube video, if you would like to watch the FPS drop to practically 2 you are more than welcome. If you do watch, skip to 2 mins that’s the worst part.

How many zombies did you have it set to during horde nights that can be alive at the same time? I honestly wouldn't go more than 10 enemies per player on Console. It also states in the blood moon enemy count setting to change it at your own risk which can drastically decrease performance. Is it set to the Default 8 zombies at once or did you crank it up all the way to 64?

of course..It's our server so my account auto updated as per usual and we updated our server and now it's ghosted for everyone..please look at the current list of servers it appears a lot of ppl. are having this issue..

12 minutes ago, hnteek said:

Are you planning on adding local co-op? I used to play with my gf on console and we can't anymore

Split screen isn't going to be an option as the hardware can't support it in the current version.

LOVE IT! I will play after work and really hopeful that the hitching/lag/stutter is more manageable. It was so bad even in single player, lots of broken legs and infections that I wouldn't otherwise have gotten x.x

5 hours ago, Hated said:

Hey Survivors!

We're back with our latest hotfix, v1.0 b336. This update fixes a major bug causing characters in saves with the 'Enemy Spawning' setting toggled off and back on to become fully encumbered and unresponsive. This was part of a larger problem related to an NRE involving sleeper volumes in specific POIs. This hotfix will also correct save files affected by this issue.

For our console users, this update also includes some stability improvements, specifically on the Xbox X/S platform.

While summer vacation may be almost over, we're STILL hard at work on optimizations, bug fixes, Roadmap updates, and getting v1.1 Experimental to you.

Be sure to follow us on X for more updates!

www.x.com/7daystodie

Hi, I'm already confused, I updated my server to 1.1 exp because of the vehicle problem, does this version 1.0 b336 solve that problem? I don't know if I should go back to 1.0 again or wait for the stable 1.1. I'm going with the second option, but I see that some players from other platforms can't log in to 1.1. Mm, will it take a long time for the stable 1.1? Or should I go back to 1.0? Thanks.

Hello. After the latest update on PS5 I am unable to log into my world. When I click the spawn button, the screen freezes on endless building environment notifications. I can only hear the sounds of the base (furnace, fireplace). Tried all the fix tips but still nothing.

When will they do normal optimization, fix the water, make it so that the progress is not reset. We were playing with friends and one of them had the lights turned off, after that we go in, and the other player's progress was reset

11 hours ago, II Blittz II said:

How many zombies did you have it set to during horde nights that can be alive at the same time? I honestly wouldn't go more than 10 enemies per player on Console. It also states in the blood moon enemy count setting to change it at your own risk which can drastically decrease performance. Is it set to the Default 8 zombies at once or did you crank it up all the way to 64?

Can’t speak for the OP, but I can say that I also have big issues with fps on later horde nights, and mine is indeed set at the default 8. It was fine for the first couple, then really plummeted for the following blood moons. It’s pretty much a slideshow at this point. Also in the wasteland in general it sometimes gets noticeably choppy, more so in cities. Not sure if there’s any settings I can try to help it, but hopefully they can optimize in some way to where the default settings can maintain a decent frame rate in those two areas. 

3 hours ago, Tixij said:

Can’t speak for the OP, but I can say that I also have big issues with fps on later horde nights, and mine is indeed set at the default 8. It was fine for the first couple, then really plummeted for the following blood moons. It’s pretty much a slideshow at this point. Also in the wasteland in general it sometimes gets noticeably choppy, more so in cities. Not sure if there’s any settings I can try to help it, but hopefully they can optimize in some way to where the default settings can maintain a decent frame rate in those two areas. 

Could you, or someone else, please post a picture of the Video Settings (in the QUALITY page) so we know what's on consoles. Also, which console (PS5, Xbox series S or Xbox series X)? That might help as other people could help you choose the best settings.

2 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

Could you, or someone else, please post a picture of the Video Settings (in the QUALITY page) so we know what's on consoles. Also, which console (PS5, Xbox series S or Xbox series X)? That might help as other people could help you choose the best settings.

We don't have a quality tab.  I'm pretty sure all that we have are motion blur and FOV, UI scaling.  I can get a screenshot later if no one else posts one.