Bad hitching/stuttering

Seems to be pretty bad stuttering/hitching in the new console version. I'm playing on Xbox Series X and while I initially thought it was chunks loading causing it it seems like it just happens randomly, had it hitch in the middle of breaking down a block though it's more noticeable/frequent when you're running somewhere

Any chance this gets corrected in a patch or is this just a limitation of consoles?

Edit: Just to add this is on b333 with the console fully up to date and the game on the internal storage (though not sure you could launch it if it wasn't)

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

Same here, Xbox Series X, the game just stutters like crazy.

Just by turning the camera around you can easily notice.

Also when you enter a building and the zombies are sleeping, when they wake up, the game freezes like really bad.

I hope the dev fixes these issues.

39 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Can any of you link a clip of the behavior?  That may help us narrow down the issue faster.

I can tell you this, after saving some clips I've noticed the problems are caused by the auto-save feature.

Sometimes the autosave goes wild, like saving before entering a building, saving after entering the building, and this causes some massive lag.

Edit: I say it's the auto-save, but I could be wrong, it's a diskette that appears on the top left of the screen.

Edited by fullbanner (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Can any of you link a clip of the behavior?  That may help us narrow down the issue faster.

I'll grab a clip later today when I'm finished work. Not really noticed any real consistency to it other than it being more noticeable when you're moving

Managed to get to this a bit sooner than expected. Here are the clips you requested. 8 In total from essentially a single T1 quest in the game. (Shout out to Clip #2 for also showing a broken quest :()

The hitch tends to happen towards the end of each clip just with how Xbox captures this videos. 

I have to say I agree with @fullbanner that it appears to be tied to the save system. After basically every hitch if you wait maybe 5 seconds then the save icon will appear (these clips don't always capture that bit though)

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I can't even add links to 1drv.ms videos uploaded from my xbox, forbidden because of AntiSpam by CleanTalk.

16 hours ago, fullbanner said:

I can't even add links to 1drv.ms videos uploaded from my xbox, forbidden because of AntiSpam by CleanTalk.

Sorry about that. It was a false positive by our anti-spam system. I’ve whitelisted you now, so you should be able to post links.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:26 PM, Laz Man said:

Yes, same for me as well on Xbox (Series X). Every minute or so I get these quick stutter like lag spikes which happens pretty persistent too. Idk what's causing the issue, but I noticed a few times of it happening right before the Autosave icon appears in the top left corner of the screen. With that said, I'd be super grateful if this could get fixed in a future update because, I'm really loving this game and how amazing this game is. I recorded a gameplay clip earlier this morning and shared it on my Twitter, I tried linking just the clip on here, but it keeps saying that the file size is too big even after I tried trimming the clip a few times. If you watch the gameplay clip I recorded today, it happens at 1:43 so you might want to start the video around 1:39 and as I'm approaching Moe and Big Momma, it does this quick stutter/freeze/lag spike or whatever it's doing and then the Autosave icon appears like a fraction of a second right after it happens.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:26 PM, Laz Man said:

This video shows all the FPS drops. It's actually quite embarrsing how bad it is, Around 6 min in there is an FPS counter on the screen.

Edited by RyDyR911 (see edit history)

Most the ones my wife, my friend and I have had are around the auto save time. Old version had this issue...

I don't find it game breaking but friend who almost died from it feels a bit different 

For me, who usually plays on PC, I just can't bring myself to play the console version as I can play on PC without that stutter (I got the console version as that's how I first played 7 Days so figured it'd be fun nostalgia).

I've genuinely considered refunding it, I'm still on the fence, want to see how TFP address it, if they do at all

The Stuttering is really really annoying. Waited a long time just to play a better version on console and this happens every 20 seconds or menu change or combat..... I've decided not to play until this is resolved. 60mins into my first game and I gotta stop till this is fixed    

On 7/27/2024 at 4:54 PM, II Blittz II said:

Yes, same for me as well on Xbox (Series X). Every minute or so I get these quick stutter like lag spikes which happens pretty persistent too. Idk what's causing the issue, but I noticed a few times of it happening right before the Autosave icon appears in the top left corner of the screen. With that said, I'd be super grateful if this could get fixed in a future update because, I'm really loving this game and how amazing this game is. I recorded a gameplay clip earlier this morning and shared it on my Twitter, I tried linking just the clip on here, but it keeps saying that the file size is too big even after I tried trimming the clip a few times. If you watch the gameplay clip I recorded today, it happens at 1:43 so you might want to start the video around 1:39 and as I'm approaching Moe and Big Momma, it does this quick stutter/freeze/lag spike or whatever it's doing and then the Autosave icon appears like a fraction of a second right after it happens.

I also forgot to mention that it happens at 0:42 seconds as I'm leaving the barn to go outside. The frame rate does this little quick pause like stutter.

I am near day 30, ps5. Stutter ia horrific with 4 players going into 5-8 skull areas. Some times it seems even less than 1 frame per second. Actually gave me motion sickness, lol.

I'm pretty much certain the autosave feature is causing this - be nice if they added the option to disable it or even to have it save a lot less frequently until they figure out how to stop the huge stutter as it's the most annoying thing in the game right now.

Someone else gets their FPS lowered on PS5. When there are too many enemies or are there explosions? I think to have waited 13 years for the next generation edition they would have to add a way to optimize the game, I hope and the developers will give an answer on this. 

On 7/30/2024 at 7:56 AM, GoofyTheScot said:

I'm pretty much certain the autosave feature is causing this - be nice if they added the option to disable it or even to have it save a lot less frequently until they figure out how to stop the huge stutter as it's the most annoying thing in the game right now.

It is much more than the autosave.

I tried really hard to play this game on console for about one hour, and I must say that this release was the most disgraceful I've seen.

I purchased this game on PC and on Xbox One back in 2017, and I loved playing for so many hours, finding so many game seeds, without any space limitations.

Now I own an Xbox Series X, and the new game is blurry, it's stuttering now and then and sometimes also freezes for a second or more, sometimes I feel like I'm playing at 20FPS. And what about accessibility? Now I have to hold Y every time I want to use the quick actions, those are not quick actions!

The old version launched by Telltale is more stable, more smooth, the controls are more accessible, it does support QuickResume, yes where is QuickResume in this new version? Every single time that I open this new version, when the Xbox QuickResume kicks in, the game crashes.

when ever i play with my friend as soon as there more then 2 zombies on screen game goes to like 5 fps and its getting me killed game is such a laggy mess sort the poo fps out or im quit and move to a game with better fps as this game @%$#ing suck ass with is 2 fps laggy @%$#ing mess of game 2/10 game 

17 hours ago, horizon hzd said:

im on xbox series  x and the game is still got @%$# fps 

You'll need to expound upon that issue further then. This sounds like a unique issue to you, as I haven't seen multiple other users complaining about single digit frame rate. 

Edited by Crater Creator
D6 Backseat Copyediting (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

You'll need to expound upon that issue further then. This sounds like a unique issue to you, as I haven't seen multiple other users complaining about single digit frame rate. 

You clearly did not read the whole discussion. When the game pauses for 1 or 2 seconds, how many FPS do you think we have ?

On PC the game is running fine, like I have around 130 FPS and the game is very smooth. On Xbox Series X the game is clearly not optimized.

Edited by Crater Creator
Response to now-deleted content (see edit history)