(V1.0) Vehicle Madness

Ragsy 2145

Hey, I absolutely love this mod and am working on collecting every vehicle with a friend, but we're still back in the A21 stone ages until more of our mods are updated. Is the A21 version now officially deprecated and won't be seeing any future updates?

Also, any plans for a driveable fire truck? 🥺
As far as I've seen there isn't a single one in a mod since like A18, it's tragic

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Yami said:

Hey, I absolutely love this mod and am working on collecting every vehicle with a friend, but we're still back in the A21 stone ages until more of our mods are updated. Is the A21 version now officially deprecated and won't be seeing any future updates?

Also, any plans for a driveable fire truck? 🥺
As far as I've seen there isn't a single one in a mod since like A18, it's tragic

Cheers!

Glad to hear you enjoy what we have done in Vehicle Madness.

We won't be updating the A21 version as we have more plans to update Vehicle Madness during this V1 series of the game. 

We did have a drivable Firetruck in the early days of Vehicle Madness but nowadays its just a wreck Vehicle block in the world.  Who knows it may return or another smaller model may arrive at some point.  

Regards

Ragsy !!

I was able to test this mod on my Steam Deck and there are no issues there. So it's yet another "Mac Thing". I can still provide you with the "problem children" if you'd like. I wish I could just open the .unity3d files and fix the textures directly...

2 hours ago, jjfranzen said:

I was able to test this mod on my Steam Deck and there are no issues there. So it's yet another "Mac Thing". I can still provide you with the "problem children" if you'd like. I wish I could just open the .unity3d files and fix the textures directly...

Yes, provide which ones are troublesome and maybe Rags can figure something out.

Are you more likely to find certain vehicles in certain biomes? First time using VM, and want to collect all of them since my base has a decent size parking lot. Been running around the burnt biome i am in and have yet to see any repairable motogupys(is that the right name?)or Vespas, would i have better luck finding them in the forest?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Jlane409 said:

Are you more likely to find certain vehicles in certain biomes? First time using VM, and want to collect all of them since my base has a decent size parking lot. Been running around the burnt biome i am in and have yet to see any repairable motogupys(is that the right name?)or Vespas, would i have better luck finding them in the forest?

The only vehicle that will be specific to biomes is the Repairable Gyro ,   they can be found in wasteland biome and less chance in the snow biome.

The MotoGuppy bike and the Vespa could spawn anywhere but likely to be more of them on the country style roads in the biomes .    Its luck of the world spawns although they do have recipes so if you need to collect you could make them on the VM Workbench.  You can then guarantee that when your not actually searching they will be found  😂.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

52 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

The only vehicle that will be specific to biomes is the Repairable Gyro ,   they can be found in wasteland biome and less chance in the snow biome.

The MotoGuppy bike and the Vespa could spawn anywhere but likely to be more of them on the country style roads in the biomes .    Its luck of the world spawns although they do have recipes so if you need to collect you could make them on the VM Workbench.  You can then guarantee that when your not actually searching they will be found  😂.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Thanks for letting me know, i had kinda figured, but never hurts to ask. Finally found one of the Vespas that was repairable, hoping to repair more than make outright, as thats different than the normal.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jjfranzen said:

Here's the screen grabs of the vehicles I have found so far.

Let me know if I can help at all. 

And thank you for the awesome mod! A very impressive collection of work.

J^2

Thanks for the kind words on the work we have done ... appreciated 🙂

Mac Issue:

Ok so some of those are legacy vehicles and been in VM since the beginning in A17 and a few others added in A20 and A21 ,   also I noticed the Big Rig is not showing the damage/ dirt overlay texture along with the Fairhaven Sedan and most you have screen grabbed .   Obviously a Mac PC does not like something on those textures and you have a 'clean vehicle version' of VM on the Mac  , but i will see what the differences are on those with pink windows you have highlighted and endeavour to find a fix. 

I will be in touch and may have to send you links with replacement unity3d files to drop into your set up to check if fixed as I only have a windows based PC..  So could take a bit of time to get this situation resolved for you.

Regards

Ragsy !! 

24 minutes ago, AndreMatt said:

Incredible work!
Congratulations on the mod
I really wanted a fire truck to drive, my dream haha

Thank you glad you are enjoying it 🙂

We did have one in previous version of Vehicle Madness as explained in a previous post here ... will look at maybe bringing back the original or a smaller version at some point along the way .

regards

Ragsy!!

what mods might conflict with this? i have the scripthdd vehicle pack dk's vehicle pack bdubs and this i removed mods that i had to increase speen adn lower damage as well as make vehicles respawnable and harry's mod mod and i still dont' see anything for this mod pop up whne i do a new wolrd creative to test i'm at a los sat this point XD

Posted (edited)

Should be no issues with other vanilla based vehicle mods as shown in previous posts here by arramus,  without a log being provided it is difficult to diagnose.    I suspect that if you are not seeing the vehicle madness vehicles that the mod has not loaded.    Check to see if you have the correct folder in the mods folder as Windows unziping can double nest the folders. 

Also you can type version in the F1 console to see whether Vehicle Madness has loaded. 

If you check back in this forum thread there is also a link by Black_Wolf for an updated version of Harry's mod. 

Regards

Ragsy!!

Hey love the mod. But coming across an odd issue. Whenever i run the game with vehicle madness my texture quality drops to a very low resolution. If i remove vehicle madness everything goes back to normal. Any ideas?

Is it still possible to find a rare functional vehicle? That was one of, if not my favorite, part of the mod previously. I thought it added a bit of needed realism to the game to be able to have a chance to find a random working gem. I don't think you mentioned anything about it in the description or update logs. I've done quite a bit of adventuring around in a 10k random gen and haven't found a single car that still runs. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Also thank you for the amazing mod returning for 1.0! No lie, it is my favorite mod period, and I have 45 mods running simultaneously at the moment (not a single one conflicts with VM btw! Amazing) so that's saying something. It would be a real shame if working gems were no longer possible to run into, but even if that's the case, I still love the mod and it would still be top three mods for sure.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the kind words glad to know its working well with loads of other mods installed we try to keep it compatible as much as possible.

Yeah finding a working vehicle spawned in the world is very problematic since A20 onwards so unfortunately for now it has been dropped.

Looking at other ways moving forwards though so maybe it will return at some point . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

On 8/25/2024 at 8:34 PM, Stuntman Ty said:

Hey love the mod. But coming across an odd issue. Whenever i run the game with vehicle madness my texture quality drops to a very low resolution. If i remove vehicle madness everything goes back to normal. Any ideas?

Glad you like it , sorry for late reply on this question.

Have you tried Vehicle Madness on its own without other mods installed ??  although going on the last post its compatible running along side other mods.

What sort of graphics card do you have ?

maybe try reducing the texture quality setting down to medium ... I am sure there is another setting in the video options that helps with the issue .  When I remember I will post up again .

Regards

Ragsy !!

I'm relatively new to this mod, and I've run into an issue that I can't quite figure out.

* I found a Workshop Van that is repairable, but I can't find a restoration kit for it.

* There is a WS Van Restoration Kit, but when I tried to use that kit, it didn't work.

Is there a different kit that I should be using?

Thank you,

Aaron

I checked this out and it works fine for me with the 'correct tool' shown below ,  but you raise a good point as the tool description says Van 2 and not Workshop Van .

This is the tool for the Workshop van ..... not to be confused with 'The Working Stiffs Van (WS Van Restoration Tool)',  I will change the descriptions for both in the next update to reflect this as i can see how this could confuse people .. 

20240903001159_1.thumb.jpg.be8e04c6102f551b67c60c6c7be5e91b.jpg

regards

Ragsy!!

5 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

I checked this out and it works fine for me with the 'correct tool' shown below ,  but you raise a good point as the tool description says Van 2 and not Workshop Van .

This is the tool for the Workshop van ..... not to be confused with 'The Working Stiffs Van (WS Van Restoration Tool)',  I will change the descriptions for both in the next update to reflect this as i can see how this could confuse people .. 

regards

Ragsy!!

Awesome, Thank you so very much!!!!

Ragsy,

Another question for you: Are the vehicles dye-able?

* I'm playing a server with others, and we're trying to differentiate whose beetle is whose. I tried putting dyes on mine, but I'm not seeing any changes show on the beetle.

Thank you,

Aaron

1 hour ago, Corvas said:

Ragsy,

Another question for you: Are the vehicles dye-able?

* I'm playing a server with others, and we're trying to differentiate whose beetle is whose. I tried putting dyes on mine, but I'm not seeing any changes show on the beetle.

Thank you,

Aaron

Due to the fact a lot of vehicles have our own custom apocalptic textures not all have dye's in fact only a handful have mainly the white vehicles but not all. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

4 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Due to the fact a lot of vehicles have our own custom apocalptic textures not all have dye's in fact only a handful have mainly the white vehicles but not all. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

Well, I gotta say: the textures you chose are awesome!

Thank you for your work on this.

ok so two things:

1: im an idiot and didnt realize the mod was in a nested folder in the zip file, so me extracting it as normal only pulled the vehicle-madness-main folder, not the one inside that has the actual mod stuff. so no vehicles spawned for me and im already a decent bit in, so no new worlds.

2: this is more of a question with an assumed answer, but im guessing since the above happened, im kinda S.O.L. on on the hole mod, or can i still craft the ones i want? im ok if thats the case and the repairables dont exist. speaking of the repairables, will they spawn in if i have chunk resets turned on? id assume not, but figured id double check.

Edited by MathiasAdemar (see edit history)

9 hours ago, MathiasAdemar said:

ok so two things:

1: im an idiot and didnt realize the mod was in a nested folder in the zip file, so me extracting it as normal only pulled the vehicle-madness-main folder, not the one inside that has the actual mod stuff. so no vehicles spawned for me and im already a decent bit in, so no new worlds.

2: this is more of a question with an assumed answer, but im guessing since the above happened, im kinda S.O.L. on on the hole mod, or can i still craft the ones i want? im ok if thats the case and the repairables dont exist. speaking of the repairables, will they spawn in if i have chunk resets turned on? id assume not, but figured id double check.

1.  Gitlab does not nest the files and it is a 'windows zip' program behaviour which is a bit annoying but I am glad you figured that out.

2.  I would not recommend Installing Vehicle Madness after you start a new world save as strange things may happen further into your gameplay session that not i can not forsee . In practice it may work if your initial world generation had the 'chunk reset' option enabled but again I do not recommend this at all or support it as you may find weird things happening.

Testing :

I tested this with a brand world save with 'chunk reset' enabled from the very start of the game at 10 days.   I ran up game without Vehicle Madness installed initially and then came out of the game a few 'game hours' later and then added Vehicle Madness to the game it started up with no errors.  

After i had spent a few hours in the vanilla world I had created I moved from the from 'forest' to 'burnt' area then you do then see the VM vehicle blocks appearing in that burnt zone including in my testing I found a 'Repairable Brown Jeep'  block made the restoration tool and it was spawned into the game OK.  I could see all the craftable vehicles and make them in the VM Workbench as well.

Blocks seemed lootable and salvageable giving VM specific parts as well,  after game world day 10  then moved back to the initial area i had in the forest and VM vehicle blocks appeared in that area all be it about 400 blocks away from my initial base .

Again I will state that it appeared to work fine  but you may later in the game find weird things happening so carry on at your own risk .

Regards

Ragsy!!.