Tier 6 Weapons Worse than Tier 5?

I just spent my first legendary part to make a Tier 6 primitive bow and it had worse stats than my Tier 5 bow.  Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?   I took all the mods off of the Tier 5 bow and unmodded the Tier 5 did a few points more damage and velocity.

29 minutes ago, OldManBrian said:

I just spent my first legendary part to make a Tier 6 primitive bow and it had worse stats than my Tier 5 bow.  Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?   I took all the mods off of the Tier 5 bow and unmodded the Tier 5 did a few points more damage and velocity.

Make sure both weapons are using same ammo type. A Q5 bow with explosive arrows will probably show as being stronger than a Q6 bow with stone arrows

As Neko said, with weapons, you have to make sure both weapons are "loaded" with the same ammo (I say it with quotes because you don't actually have to have the ammo in your inventory).

If the damage stats are still worse with the higher tier, it's a bug. In past alphas, it was intended design as the stats had ranges that overlapped between quality levels. As of A21, that is no longer the case. A higher tier should always be better overall, though certain stats like stamina usage usually go up with higher tiers.

F****** primitive bows are like that. It's not quite true though because you get the extra slot for the tier 6 that you can put something in and do more damage than the tier 5. Assuming you have that many mods fit on a bow.

9 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

F****** primitive bows are like that. It's not quite true though because you get the extra slot for the tier 6 that you can put something in and do more damage than the tier 5. Assuming you have that many mods fit on a bow.

Yeah, that's something I always forget to do too; remove all the mods from your old weapon before you compare stats.