A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Beta version updated for the recent patch.

Hopefully the mod will be "officially" released before the next patch. I had planned on working on the guide today but then the patch dropped. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The beta18 worked for me! I can now go all out on your this amazing mod!

Thank you Valmar, I don't know what you changed in beta18 but it got the game working for me.

I like how you actually downloaded it before I ever announced it. Thats some speedy reflexes!

I like how you actually downloaded it before I ever announced it. Thats some speedy reflexes!

I was going to do one last try with beta 17 before giving up, so i went to redownload it and the beta 18 files were up. That's why I was so fast.

Workbench completely broken in B18/a14.5.

Unable to be crafted, workbench skill is missing, devs must have removed it?

Workbench works for me, although I have yet to try crafting a 3rd one, the only thing I've noticed is that a lot of recipes are missing from it, but it still works for me.

Is the update only to the lite version? I get an error when I try to DL the non-lite version.

Are you downloading from the beta link on the top of the topic? The "official" links aren't set up yet so be sure to use the beta link. I hope to have the other links set up soon, just need to finish the guide and such.

Workbench completely broken in B18/a14.5.

Unable to be crafted, workbench skill is missing, devs must have removed it?

Full version I assume? The workbench is not locked behind a skill, it is a free recipe. That is why there is no perk for it. If you're playing on a server be sure your client has the mod's progressions.xml install as this file does not push from servers to clients.

Workbench works for me, although I have yet to try crafting a 3rd one, the only thing I've noticed is that a lot of recipes are missing from it, but it still works for me.

That is because in vanilla the workbench would also carry over all your backpack recipes into the list. I felt that made things too crowded and wanted to keep the two lists separate.

Sounds like an odd vanilla bug. They were having one like that for a while when it came to dying. Not sure if that relates to this though. Assuming it was on our server, If you'd like I could delete your character profile see if that lets you pop in. Can you get me your Steam64 ID?

Hey, modders, I was thinking about doing some small mods myself, like anyone hate how meaty stew uses a bottle of water, but apparently you EAT the bottle in the process? gimmie my bottle back damn it! same with medkits. it'd be funny if when you use a bandage, or medkit, that...like after a day or something you "get" a cloth fragment. like...you took off the bandage. but...I guess the bottom line, is conservation of mass. I understand consumed goods and garbage...but not finding arrows in a porcupine zombie filled with them? hate that. not finding an arrow in a tree you're shooting at? hate that too. hell, not being able to police my brass and reuse it to make new bullets! hate that too!

but I can modify recipes, to fix the stew. what I'm clueless about, is how to say.. make a new item. and have it basically either be a recolor of an existing item, or a totally new one. how do I do this? like say i wanted to make supply crates yellow/white striped to OBVIOUS AS ♥♥♥♥! they're invisible in the destroyed biome. Any help peeps?

Hey, modders, I was thinking about doing some small mods myself, like anyone hate how meaty stew uses a bottle of water, but apparently you EAT the bottle in the process? gimmie my bottle back damn it! same with medkits. it'd be funny if when you use a bandage, or medkit, that...like after a day or something you "get" a cloth fragment. like...you took off the bandage. but...I guess the bottom line, is conservation of mass. I understand consumed goods and garbage...but not finding arrows in a porcupine zombie filled with them? hate that. not finding an arrow in a tree you're shooting at? hate that too. hell, not being able to police my brass and reuse it to make new bullets! hate that too!

but I can modify recipes, to fix the stew. what I'm clueless about, is how to say.. make a new item. and have it basically either be a recolor of an existing item, or a totally new one. how do I do this? like say i wanted to make supply crates yellow/white striped to OBVIOUS AS ♥♥♥♥! they're invisible in the destroyed biome. Any help peeps?

I do hate how stews use up bottles of water. That is why in my mod stews require BOWLS of water, not jars, and you actually get the jar back after eating it. It was one of the first mods I ever made for the game actually. Its a part of my Valmod Expansion Pack and Overhaul. You can also find a standalone version here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?27592-MOD-Reusable-Cooking-Bowls

You can add arrows to loot, certainly, but you cant trigger them to only appear in the loot if you used them on it. Though I remember a long time ago Madmole said this was a thing they wanted (retrieve arrows from zombies) so hopefully someday it will be possible.

You can make new items and blocks easily by copying one in the file and giving it a new name and ID. Thats usually the quickest way. You can recolor or give a new icon but you cannot give items or blocks new textures, at least not with XML files alone. You can take the texture of another block and put it on the supplycrate but you can paint a specific pattern on them such as the yellow/white stripes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm happy to announced I have finally finished up the guide so the mod is now out of beta. The Valmod Expansion Pack and Valmod Overhaul Pack are now ready for consumption.

Also from this point onward I will return to keeping a changelog for my edits. Sorry for the hiatus there.

Full version I assume? The workbench is not locked behind a skill, it is a free recipe. That is why there is no perk for it. If you're playing on a server be sure your client has the mod's progressions.xml install as this file does not push from servers to clients.

Ahh ok, so when you update the mod I should have my players download the new "Icon Pack" as I call it... (oversimplification ^_^)

Just tryed out this mod. Really great Work i must say :-)

Only think i noticed so far is that some of the descriptions in the campfire is a bit off, but i don't know if its possible to change it, or if it allready have been mentioned. :-)

349457137_discreptionnottotallyright.thumb.jpg.3b6f3f0b7433e377b5d918ea261b1712.jpg

I found that the progression.xml is pushed. Made a recepie my self in Vanilla 14.5 for making paper and its unlocked by learning shotgun Shell perk. That one worked as intended. :-)

EDIT: Just tested it with my dedi server having the "Over..Mod" on the server and only the "mods" folder with icons on my pc, and stuff that is locked i can't craft, stuff that is unlocked i can craft. :-)

Ahh ok, so when you update the mod I should have my players download the new "Icon Pack" as I call it... (oversimplification ^_^)

Not all the time. If I add new icons, yes. If I change the progressions or localization file, yes. Other than that? No. Hopefully now that Im keeping a changelog again it will be easier for server operators to know when their clients need to update.

Found this mod through Gamez4kickz. I have to take my hat off to you mate brilliant work look forward to playing 7dtd using it.

Theres a name I keep seeing popup. Lol. Someone must be having fun.

Just tryed out this mod. Really great Work i must say :-)

Only think i noticed so far is that some of the descriptions in the campfire is a bit off, but i don't know if its possible to change it, or if it allready have been mentioned. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14386[/ATTACH]

Ah, yes, sorry about that. I'll have it fixed in the next update. Its not game-breaking so I'll wait until I have more changed. I don't want to overwhelm servers with constant updates. :)

I found that the progression.xml is pushed. Made a recepie my self in Vanilla 14.5 for making paper and its unlocked by learning shotgun Shell perk. That one worked as intended. :-)

EDIT: Just tested it with my dedi server having the "Over..Mod" on the server and only the "mods" folder with icons on my pc, and stuff that is locked i can't craft, stuff that is unlocked i can craft. :-)

As you've seen the progressions.xml is inconsistent with what pushes and what doesn't. For my mod specifically you will need it.

As you've seen the progressions.xml is inconsistent with what pushes and what doesn't. For my mod specifically you will need it.

If the progression.xml isn't pushed, wouldn't i end up with not seeing i.e. the steel armor perk? I have ONLY the icon folder on my PC and all of your mod on my dedi server, and when i log in, i see the steel armor perk. I can't craft the steel armor until i buy the perk and then i can. And all this is with only the icon's folder on my pc. ;-)

This is only tested in a game that is allready running, but will test it on a new game aswell.

Archived