A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

You are right, the main problem is it only yields 1 corn no matter where i plant it, fertilizer doesnt make a difference either. So its a bit weird. Not leaving a seed was the other thing i noticed so i thought perhaps corn is buggy in general. If no one else has this problem then i am not sure what could have gone wrong. In vanilla it was working fine. All other crops work as they should so far, so its only corn that wont yield more than 1.

Thanks for the fix on the seed though, will update and test tonight

Sounds about right, which causes me to assume that its only me having the problem, which makes me a bit concerned.

Not knowing about editing the xml files, i still wonder if its possible to replace the coding of the corn or something ? (ignorant to programming though)

Just as a little side bit of trivia, I know /nothing/ of programming and am completely ignorant of such things. People assume I know something since I mod this game but truth is XML modding is just /that/ easy. All it takes is a little bit of common sense, for the most part. There might be a few quirks about it you have to figure out but almost everything in it is very straight forward and obvious to anyone capable of deductive reasoning.

Hey Val,

A few qestions:

1:

The beaker and glass jar recipe for the forge calls for glass but the icon in the description is of broken glass.

Is there a glass recipe (and I just missed it) or is it supposed to use broken glass?

*EDIT*

Ok, I was able to create the beaker by smelting the broken glass.

2:

How do I create Locki's filtered water? There is only 1 tool slot in the science station and it will not accept the water filter I made

1. This is a vanilla thing. Don't read too much into the icon. When it says it needs Glass it means it needs units of glass that have been smelted in the forge. Think of it the same as iron or clay. You smelt it in the forge and it gets added to the forge's pool of resources. Just put some glass panes or broken glass or anything else made of glass in the forge and melt it to get "Glass" inside the forge.

Sorry if I'm not explaining that well. Again just think of it like clay or iron.

2. Ah. Experimental, right? Sorry about that I see the problem. Should be fixed now.

is Valmod expansion compatible with Alpha 15? i only ask because on the mod opens on the control panel for my server from pingperfect is says that Valmod Overhaul is compatible with Alpha 15 but next to expansion it says Alpha 14.7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17646[/ATTACH]

Yes, it is compatible if you download it here and install it manually. It has been for a while. Let me just clarify this real quick I have /zero/ connection to the PingPerfect server provider. I have no control over what version they put up there or what they keep updated or not. I am not involved in that in anyway nor do I recall ever even communicating with anyone associated with PingPerfect. They do that of their own volition.

If you want the latest version of the mod you have to download it and manually upload it to your server using a FTP service such as FileZilla. Sounds complicated, maybe, but its actually very quick and easy - especially after you've done it once or twice. Its basically the same as installing it locally - the only difference is that you're using filezilla.

If you need help with this feel free to contact me on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, the main problem is it only yields 1 corn no matter where i plant it, fertilizer doesnt make a difference either. So its a bit weird. Not leaving a seed was the other thing i noticed so i thought perhaps corn is buggy in general. If no one else has this problem then i am not sure what could have gone wrong. In vanilla it was working fine. All other crops work as they should so far, so its only corn that wont yield more than 1.

Ensure you have the latest version installed and that you are harvesting it with the E button. Just reinstall the mod and you should be golden.

Was looking over the quests and for the CookBook quest the part for the page says "Fetch" not "FetchKeep" thinking this is why I can remove the page and still complete the quests.

Found a few things that may be wrong with The Expansion Pack.

Hops don't replant when you punch them.

The Dye station is no longer craftable nor useable from creative. not sure if it is overhaul only now?

The workbench doesnt let you shift click items into the combine slots like vanilla not sure if this is due to the new paper rack slot or something else all together.

When crafting the Silence Weapons if you click on the silencer and assemble your weapon it deletes the silencer. You have to click the other parts and then add the silencer.

Was looking over the quests and for the CookBook quest the part for the page says "Fetch" not "FetchKeep" thinking this is why I can remove the page and still complete the quests.

"Fetch" is supposed to remove the items to complete the quest. For example if the quest is to Fetch 8 rocks its suppose to remove them after you finish. "FetchKeep" is to fetch the items, but it lets you keep them. It is suppose to take the cookbook. Problem is that it doesn't seem to recognize that you no longer have the book in your inventory. Or rather, once that part of the quest has been "checked off" it will stay checked off instead of dechecking if you no longer have the book in your inventory.

Found a few things that may be wrong with The Expansion Pack.

Hops don't replant when you punch them.

The Dye station is no longer craftable nor useable from creative. not sure if it is overhaul only now?

The workbench doesnt let you shift click items into the combine slots like vanilla not sure if this is due to the new paper rack slot or something else all together.

When crafting the Silence Weapons if you click on the silencer and assemble your weapon it deletes the silencer. You have to click the other parts and then add the silencer.

I'll fix the hops.

The Dye Station was purposely removed due to performance issues. Inventory search lag comes from the large amount of recipes. This wasn't a problem in A14 but since A15 changed it so that the recipe menus will list ALL recipes in the game (so you can view campfire recipes in your backpack for example) the input lag is pretty potent. I had to cut the recipes back to help curb the impact a little The Dye Station was an obvious choice for removal.

The workbench shift click might indeed be due to the fact that it has tools. I'm not sure.

The silencer is an annoying bug that has been around for a while now. Sadly there is nothing I can really do about it.

"Fetch" is supposed to remove the items to complete the quest. For example if the quest is to Fetch 8 rocks its suppose to remove them after you finish. "FetchKeep" is to fetch the items, but it lets you keep them. It is suppose to take the cookbook. Problem is that it doesn't seem to recognize that you no longer have the book in your inventory. Or rather, once that part of the quest has been "checked off" it will stay checked off instead of dechecking if you no longer have the book in your inventory.

I'll fix the hops.

The Dye Station was purposely removed due to performance issues. Inventory search lag comes from the large amount of recipes. This wasn't a problem in A14 but since A15 changed it so that the recipe menus will list ALL recipes in the game (so you can view campfire recipes in your backpack for example) the input lag is pretty potent. I had to cut the recipes back to help curb the impact a little The Dye Station was an obvious choice for removal.

The workbench shift click might indeed be due to the fact that it has tools. I'm not sure.

The silencer is an annoying bug that has been around for a while now. Sadly there is nothing I can really do about it.

Ah ok still trying to learn all the language for the xml files.

Too bad I enjoyed rocking all black armor, but that does make sense. Hopefully TFP will change the recipe thing, the new guys on the server are having a hell of a time figuring out why things wont craft and having to move to different craft areas.

Guess I'll have to set up some Player Machine with the armors in them for others to buy.

Legendary items. I searched for an hour before asking about this, I swear.

What is the benefit to an item being 'legendary'? It has a little icon, but are the stats different? Is it special in some way?

Yea the Stats are different. They will have a higher Entity, or Block damage depending on the item. You can also combine them in the workbench to increase their level.

Hey, Valmar, I don't know if you read my last post or not, but are you planning on doing a version with Bandits? Because, you know, it's coming to the the game sooner or later, so better get this mod up for that.

Great job with those UMA zombies anyway. :D

I have found a legendary axe, in a previous playthrough i found a legendary machete. The axe has extra entity damage and i suspect a decent amount of extra block damage, i am not sure but it felt like it. The durability on the legendary items seem to be much better than regular item.

In short though, they are awesome! I have found them in duffle bags.

Oh and Val, the corn fix fixed the corn so thanks for that. Harvesting is back to normal.

On a different note:

I started this time with the builder thinking that i can get into building a stand alone base quick.Cobblestone is locked with the cement mixer and that is all good, however, i wanted to build early on with adobe pillars and i noticed it can only be crafted in the cement mixer. I feel that adobe blocks is relatively early game and should be able to be built before having to unlock the cement mixer to do so, by that time i might as well use cobble. So i was thinking perhaps the adobe blocks could be moved to the decor station ?

Hello. First time Valmod user here and I just want to say thanks for sharing this awesome creation! Last night I believe we found a potential bug. In a survival-mode game, we tried to use a wrench on a cement mixer in order to pick it up and the mixer just disappeared. I tried doing this in creative mode to verify, and it disappeared again. I tried a normal and a legendary wrench with the same results. I then switched the game back to vanilla and tried again and I was able to pick the mixer up with a wrench. So, it appears that picking a mixer up with a wrench is not working correctly in the mod.

I looked back several pages and did not see anything, but my apologies if this has already been reported. We also had trouble punching hops and corn, but I see those have already been reported. Thanks again for the mod; I don't know how I'll ever go back now!

I feel like im posting too much but im doing it anyway as things come to mind, playing the experimental overhaul :

Im sure this will be done in time but i noticed that the stats when picking classes will probably need some attention. I picked builder hoping that the extra construction skill will get me to metal quick, however the forge and anvil etc unlocks under a different skill now(cannot remember which atm) Not that im complaining, i think this system works well. It just made me think that the perks and points tied to the classes might need some attention working with the new points/skill system.

I also noticed that the scrap iron axe ( love the new scrap iron tools btw) does not scrap. I think the scrap iron pick axe does though.

Thanks and yes once we go modded there is no going back! All hail the modders

I'm playing the Experimental Overhaul version, and loving it might i add so far. Just a quick question, how can i make a workbench? It shows to be behind a perk, but I don't see a perk for it.

Wanted to add, I play delete all on death and died and lost the workbench i was given from my class selection.

I'm playing the Experimental Overhaul version, and loving it might i add so far. Just a quick question, how can i make a workbench? It shows to be behind a perk, but I don't see a perk for it.

Wanted to add, I play delete all on death and died and lost the workbench i was given from my class selection.

I think the workbench can be crafted with some nails, iron and wood. Doesn't seem to be locked behind a skill.

Hey there, Just want to say thanks for this work all. I am trying to get my gamming community to use this on the server as it was brought to my attention by a member who is an admin for one of the 3 servers on the first post in the thread. I am having a blast trying to learn the mod in single player but finding out that you really need more than two people to be good at the mod. Great work all around.

Legendary items. I searched for an hour before asking about this, I swear.

What is the benefit to an item being 'legendary'? It has a little icon, but are the stats different? Is it special in some way?

They're overall better. Either more block damage, more entity damage and higher durability. About what you probably expect from them being "legendary" they're just better than normal.

Hey, Valmar, I don't know if you read my last post or not, but are you planning on doing a version with Bandits? Because, you know, it's coming to the the game sooner or later, so better get this mod up for that.

Great job with those UMA zombies anyway. :D

It would be nice. I did want some special gangs with related questlines. Though, due to performance concerns, I don't see that being a thing anytime soon.

I see Honeyham in the campfire, but it has a ! after it? Is that a quest, and how do i get it?

The ! represents that it is locked behind a question. Currently the cooking recipes require the cookbook to be read and the quest to be followed. This will change down the line, though.

Oh and Val, the corn fix fixed the corn so thanks for that. Harvesting is back to normal.

On a different note:

I started this time with the builder thinking that i can get into building a stand alone base quick.Cobblestone is locked with the cement mixer and that is all good, however, i wanted to build early on with adobe pillars and i noticed it can only be crafted in the cement mixer. I feel that adobe blocks is relatively early game and should be able to be built before having to unlock the cement mixer to do so, by that time i might as well use cobble. So i was thinking perhaps the adobe blocks could be moved to the decor station ?

I don't view adobe as an early building material. Adobe/brick has more durability than cobblestone and a direct upgrade path to concrete. At least in the experimental, anyway.

There should be no perk for the workbench. Are you playing on a server? Be sure to have the mod installed locally.

Yes, if you play with delete all and die you will indeed lose everything you started with or otherwise had in your inventory. Hence the threat/challenge of playing Delete All.

Hey there, Just want to say thanks for this work all. I am trying to get my gamming community to use this on the server as it was brought to my attention by a member who is an admin for one of the 3 servers on the first post in the thread. I am having a blast trying to learn the mod in single player but finding out that you really need more than two people to be good at the mod. Great work all around.

Glad you're enjoying it.

I don't view adobe as an early building material. Adobe/brick has more durability than cobblestone and a direct upgrade path to concrete. At least in the experimental, anyway.

After unlocking the cement mixer and building a bit with adobe and cobble i tend to agree with you now, but adobe was all available from the start except the white adobe block was locked, until i unlocked brick. I guess the rest of the adobe blocks should have been locked too.

There should be no perk for the workbench. Are you playing on a server? Be sure to have the mod installed locally.

Yes, if you play with delete all and die you will indeed lose everything you started with or otherwise had in your inventory. Hence the threat/challenge of playing Delete All.

Glad you're enjoying it.

That fixed me right up Val. I am on a server and didn't have the data folder installed locally. Once I installed it, I was able to make workbench. Thanks for the help!

Corn Bug, Chem and Oven Items

Hello, first off I want to say I'm loving this mod, except for a couple of the things.

1. What is the item that needs to go into the Chem Station, it would be great if the item label would appear when you mouse over the empty field.

2. What is the item that goes in the 3rd slot of the Oven, looks like a clay bowl, but is not.

3. I'm having an issue with Corn only giving me 1 cob after it's completely grown which of course is useless as you need at least 2 to move your corn forward. (Yes, its on worked field, and yes I have tried picking it normally or punching it)

4. I'm having terrible lag (Disregard, this question I found the response and it's what i figured)

5. Why did you take out rotten meat recipe for fertilizer? By the time you can make enough Fertilizer you already have 1000s of what ever you are growing and it's useless (except for corn.. atm).

Thanks

Sgt Slaughter

Hello, first off I want to say I'm loving this mod, except for a couple of the things.

1. What is the item that needs to go into the Chem Station, it would be great if the item label would appear when you mouse over the empty field.

2. What is the item that goes in the 3rd slot of the Oven, looks like a clay bowl, but is not.

3. I'm having an issue with Corn only giving me 1 cob after it's completely grown which of course is useless as you need at least 2 to move your corn forward. (Yes, its on worked field, and yes I have tried picking it normally or punching it)

4. I'm having terrible lag (Disregard, this question I found the response and it's what i figured)

5. Why did you take out rotten meat recipe for fertilizer? By the time you can make enough Fertilizer you already have 1000s of what ever you are growing and it's useless (except for corn.. atm).

Thanks

Sgt Slaughter

1 The Chem Station tool is a water filter it will let you make Loki Water which is better water.

2 The oven needs a Bowl of Water so you were close fill a bowl up purify it in the oven then place it up there.

After unlocking the cement mixer and building a bit with adobe and cobble i tend to agree with you now, but adobe was all available from the start except the white adobe block was locked, until i unlocked brick. I guess the rest of the adobe blocks should have been locked too.

They should all be locked, actually, just not directly. They're locked by the chisel tool, not the recipe itself.

Thanks

Sgt Slaughter

1. Likely its the water filter. I cannot make it show the name when you hover over it.

2. A bowl of water

3. This was fixed in the last update, or at least should had been.

5. It is still there. Its in the chemistry station, instead of the cement mixer.

Overhaul Experimental Update!

Classes have been rebalanced a bit. The rifleman class was removed and merged into the Hunter class.

The biggest change I've done is incorporate a modified version of Sirillion's SMX UI Mod.

Preview picture:

ZMnhSCJ.jpg

I've also retouched some skills. Bows and crossbow are now unlocked with archery skill. Traps are now their own crafting skill with new trap recipes unlocking the higher your skill in Traps. Cooking is now its own crafting skill, with new recipes unlocking as you level. Animal Traps are now part of a unique quest so if you want to learn them you have to find the quest item and complete it.

Finally I want to point out that the experimental, as of now, is at a state where I feel comfortable enough with it being "feature complete" and ready to become the new "main branch". I'm going to leave it in the experimental for a little longer just for a little more potential feedback/changes before the move but for the most part things have shaped up nicely so those who play the "main" Overhaul should hopefully be able to expect these merger coming soon.

..:: Skills ::..

Scavenging

Scrap Iron/Brass/Lead - level 5

scrapIronAxe - level 10

scrapIronPickaxe - level 10

scrapIronShovel - level 10

scrapIronShiv - level 10

blunderbuss - level 15

Lockpick - 30

Blunt Weapons:

clubIron - level 20

clubBarbed - level 30

clubSpiked - level 40

Blade Weapons:

huntingKnife - level 20

machete - level 30

scythe - level 50

combatAxe - level 80

Mining Tools:

shovelIron - level 10

hoeIron - level 10

weedCleaver - level 10

shovelSteel - level 10

pickaxeIron - level 20

pickaxeSteel - level 40

Construction Tools:

clawHammer - level 20

sledgehammer - level 30

wrench - 40

Axes:

fireaxeIron - level 10

fireaxeSteel -level 20

Pistols:

gunPistol - level 20

gunPistolSilenced - level 30

gun44Magnum - level 40

gun44MagnumSilenced - level 50

Shotguns:

gunSawedOffPumpShotgun - level 15

gunPumpShotgun - level 20

gunPumpShotgunChoked - level 30

Rifles:

gunHuntingRifle - level 20

gunBoltRifle - level 20

gunHuntingRifleSilenced - level 30

gunBoltRifleSilenced - level 30

gunSniperRifle - level 40

gunSniperSilenced - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScope - level 50

gunSniperRifleHPScopeSilenced - level 50

Assault Rifles:

gunMP5 - level 20

gunMP5Silenced - level 30

gunAK47 - level 40

gunAK47Silenced - level 50

Archery

woodenBow - level 10

ironBow - level 20

crossbow - level 30

ironCrossbow - level 40

crossbowRepeater - level 50

Fletching:

ironArrow - level 20

ironCrossbowBolt - level 20

steelArrow - level 30

steelCrossbowBolt - level 30

flamingArrow - level 50

explodingCrossbowBolt - level 50

Medicine:

healingAgent - level 5

drinkHealth - level 5

firstAidBandage - level 10

maniacPowder - level 15

disinfectantBandage - level 20

medicalSplint - level 25

firstAidKit - level 30

antibiotics - level 35

herbalAntibiotics - level 40

Science:

chemistryStation - level 15

beer - level 15

mead - level 15

meadBlueberry - level 15

appleCider - level 15

fuelLog - level 15

glue - level 20

grainAlcohol - level 20

oil - level 20

bioFuel - level 20

chemicalAgent - level 20

gasCan - level 20

Tailoring:

sewingKit - level 5

Armor Smithing

animal hide armor - level 10

leather armor - level 20

scrap iron armor - level 30

iron armor - level 40

steel armor - level 50

Leatherworking

leather - level 15

tanningRack - level 15

Mechanical:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various mechanical bits and bobs.

chainsaw - level 10

nailgun - level 15

auger - level 25

partsAuger_blade - level 25

gearMechanism - 30

mechanicalParts - 30

minibike parts - 60

Traps:

trap spikes - level 10

adhesive trap - level 10

adhesive spike - level 10

log spike - level 10

barbed fence - level 10

scrap iron spike - level 10

fall trap - level 10

trussing spike - level 20

trussing wall spike - level 20

tnt - level 20

dynamite - level 20

land mines - level 20

fire trap - level 30

Blacksmith:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various items and blocks in the forge.

forge - level 10

bellows - level 10

forgedIron - level 10

ironArrowHead - level 10

emptyJar - level 15

Glass Blocks - level 15

beaker - level 15

weldingTorch - level 20

ironRingsRivets - level 20

Syringe - level 25

beaker - level 25

ironBars - level 30

anvil - level 30

calipers - level 50

spring - level 50

forgedSteel - level 80

steelArrowHead - level 80

mechanicalParts - level 80

steelRingsRivets - level 80

Carpentry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting various wood items such as woodframes or carpenter kits.

Secure wooden door - level 5

Wood Blocks - level 10

handsaw - level 10

carpenterKit - level 10

wooden storage containers - level 20

Masonry:

This is a new crafting skill that you level up by crafting carious stone or brick blocks.

bowl - level 5

dinnerPlate - level 5

clayBucket - level 5

cementMixer - level 20

chisel - level 20

Cobblestone Blocks - level 20

Brick Blocks - level 30

Cement - level 50

concreteMix - level 50

Rebar Blocks - level 50

Cooking:

Leveling this will unlock various cooking recipes.

..:: Perks ::..

Boom Stick:

Increases shotgun damage.

gunBoomstick - level 3

Better Lead Than Dead:

Increases hunting rifle and sniper damage.

G.I. Joe:

Increases assault rifle (ak47/smg) damage.

Gun: Rocket Launcher:

gunRocketLauncher - level 30

Quicker Crafting:

woodBlock - level 1

cobblestoneBlock - level 2 (requires player level 20)

AutoWall_Wood - level 3 (requires player level 30)

AutoWall_Concrete - level 4 (requires player level 40)

AutoWall_Reinforced_Concrete - level 5 (requires player level 50)

Miner 69er:

minersTNT - level 5 (requires Mining Tools level 80)

Lumberjack:

Increases block damage with axes and reduces the stamina drain.

Electric Lights:

This perk gives you the required items to craft working electric lights.

electricalToolKit - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

flashlight02 - level 12 (requires Mechanical level 10)

Plumbing:

This perk teaches you how to craft kits to fix sinks or craft your own working sinks for infinite clean water.

plumbingKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingCabinetSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workingGranitSink - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Oven Repair:

This perk teaches you to craft oven repair kits or working ovens to cook without fuel.

ovenKit - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

workstationOven - level 15 (requires Mechanical level 15)

Security:

Secure Safes - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Iron and Vault Doors - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Drawbridges - level 20 (requires Carpentry / Mechanical level 20)

Valmod Overhaul Experimental Edition

Archived