A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Crafted wall lights are really dark. Put a few of them around the house and the light doesn't hit the floor. I placed and replaced until they lit up but they are still really dark. Which is interesting because the ceiling and bar lights are pretty bright. XML says .5 but changing that seems to have no effect. Ideas?

like i said its messy and you will need to change how you fuel and refuel the auger but it works

<item id="131" name="auger">
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Tools/augerPrefab" />
<property name="Material" value="metal" />
<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />
<property name="HoldType" value="20" />
	<property name="SoundIdle" value="0" />
<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmoke_chainsaw" />
<property class="Parts">
	<property name="Stock" value="partsAuger_parts" />
	<property name="Receiver" value="smallEngine" />
	<property name="Pump" value="partsHandlebars" /> <!-- DegradationRate -->
	<property name="Barrel" value="partsAuger_blade" />
</property>
<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->
	<property name="Class" value="Melee" />
	<property name="Auto_fire" value="true" />
	<property name="Delay" value="0" />
	<property name="Sphere" value="0.2" />
	<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="5" />
	<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="30" />
	<property name="Range" value="5.2" />
	<property name="Sound_start" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_repeat" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_end" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_empty" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_reload" value="0" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_rate" value=".275" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_distance" value="20" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="0.25" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
	<property name="SupportHarvesting" value="true" />
	<property name="UseMeleeCrosshair" value="true" />
</property>
<property class="Action1"> <!-- AttackAction -->
	<property name="Class" value="Melee" />
	<property name="Delay" value="0" />
	<property name="Sphere" value="0.2" />
	<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="5" />
	<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="30" />
	<property name="Range" value="5.2" />
	<property name="Sound_start" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_repeat" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_end" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_empty" value="0" />
	<property name="Sound_reload" value="0" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_rate" value=".275" />
	<property name="Horde_meter_distance" value="20" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="0.25" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3" />
	<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
	<property name="SupportHarvesting" value="true" />
	<property name="UseMeleeCrosshair" value="true" />
</property>
<property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps" />
<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Mining Tools"/>
<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Science"/>
</item>

- - - Updated - - -

there was a way to stop recoil back in the day - cant remember it but ill look into it i do have old versions of my mod so ill see

Crafted wall lights are really dark. Put a few of them around the house and the light doesn't hit the floor. I placed and replaced until they lit up but they are still really dark. Which is interesting because the ceiling and bar lights are pretty bright. XML says .5 but changing that seems to have no effect. Ideas?

The light property is pretty useless. I'm sure what it really is meant to do. I suspect it tells the zombies how bright to perceive the light. Though who knows. The actual light intensity itself is unrelated to this property. The light is a "prefab" and the amount it generates is hardcoded to the model itself. Only the devs or SDX could fix it, far as I know.

I just wanted to say i think your mod is fantastic, i have spent so many hours ingame since i installed it :D

I have encountered a bug with a block. I was trying to put down a metal draw bridge and i removed it but i seem to have two blocks still in place, i can jump ontop of them but i can't destroy them nothing is able to hit the blocks. I have tried digging underneth them, blowing them up, shooting them nothing will work. Here is a photo of the blocks with some infomation if it helps.

Keep up the good work Val :)

http://imgur.com/jKuqw2O

jKuqw2O.png

lag

Hi.

i have a dedicated server on linux that me and some freinds is playing on.

we use valmod.

the problem with lag and fps drop started on our last server to but after 140 ingame dayas.

now on the new server it started 24 ingame days...

when i login everything is fine for a little while then i get 3 fps and is unplayible

anyone know what the problem might be ?

I reading quest: "to serve man - cookbook page".And when looking for parts for the quest accidentally deleted it.But when I found one more book, I can not read it. Writes me: "You cannot accept this quest at this time".

Help me pliz.

Thats some bad luck. Nothing you can other than to modify the quest to let it be repeatable.

quests.xml

<quest id="challenge_cookbook" name="To Serve Man 1/5" subtitle="Gather the scattered cookbook pages." description="You found a ruined cookbook that is missing pages. If you find the missing pages you're sure you could learn some tasty recipes." icon="ui_game_symbol_cookware"

repeatable="false" category_key="challenge" offer="You found a ruined cookbook that is missing pages. If you find the missing pages you're sure you could learn some tasty recipes." difficulty="easy">

<reward type="Quest" id="challenge_cookbook2" />

<reward type="Recipe" id="meatStew" />

<reward type="Recipe" id="vegetableStew" />

<reward type="Recipe" id="baconEggSandwich" />

<reward type="Recipe" id="scrambledEggs" />

<reward type="Recipe" id="Omelet" />

</quest>

Set this from false to true.

Hi.

i have a dedicated server on linux that me and some freinds is playing on.

we use valmod.

the problem with lag and fps drop started on our last server to but after 140 ingame dayas.

now on the new server it started 24 ingame days...

when i login everything is fine for a little while then i get 3 fps and is unplayible

anyone know what the problem might be ?

Other than there being too many minibikes Im not sure.

Anyone with success adding to server (dedicated on home PC)

Hey,

I have dug through and all I can find is a comment in this thread about just copying files like you do on your user end game but it doesn't work. I installed the dedicated server on a PC I have and am running it successfully but cant seem to figure out how to add this mod to that so people start with the class selection and all the add ons.

Can anyone point me in a direction I haven't been able to find? I've been searching google and here for a few days and made an account just to post.. sorry it's my first post like this.

Smitty

Install the mod to the server.

The dedicated server tool has its own install path - basically installs the game twice.

Click Library in steam. Click "Tools". Right click the 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server. Click properties. Click the local files tab. Click "Browse local files". Install the mod here the same way you would to singleplayer.

The install instructions is the same, the only difference is the install path.

Install the mod to the server.

The dedicated server tool has its own install path - basically installs the game twice.

Click Library in steam. Click "Tools". Right click the 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server. Click properties. Click the local files tab. Click "Browse local files". Install the mod here the same way you would to singleplayer.

The install instructions is the same, the only difference is the install path.

I sent a PM...

Silly problem where I downloaded a Valmod zip file that was missing much of the content.. no wonder it didn't work even when I followed the directions.. its up and running perfect now. Awesome mod, great support and thanks for taking the time to answer! Cheers to all who play it!

So, a thought for the future:

I was thinking of drastically reducing the entity/block damage variables on tools such as axes and weapons. So the difference between quality 1 and quality 600, while present, is largely related to the durability rather than the damage.

For context the stone axe's block damage currnetly scales from 15 to 30. Meaning a quality 600 stone axe does twice the damage as a level 1. So I was thinking of maybe narrowing that gap down a bit. Something like 25 to 30 instead.

Thoughts?

I was thinking of drastically reducing the entity/block damage variables on tools such as axes and weapons. So the difference between quality 1 and quality 600, while present, is largely related to the durability rather than the damage.

For context the stone axe's block damage currnetly scales from 15 to 30. Meaning a quality 600 stone axe does twice the damage as a level 1. So I was thinking of maybe narrowing that gap down a bit. Something like 25 to 30 instead.

Thoughts?

Seems like a fair idea..

Also my opinion that maybe survivor notes need to be scaled down a bit, I LOVE the mod but it does seem like you level too fast compared to non-modded 7D2D. Just my 2 cents..

Thoughts?

It is an interesting idea but I would have one concern. Once you have a purple tool or weapon, if it degrades even more slowly and you can repair it almost to original quality, there is little reason to go out and look for another and the going out and exploring/looting is the main point of the game imho.

Combat Axe affected by Bladed Weapons only or Axe skill too?

I see the Combat Axe schematic is learned from Decaptiator skill line which specifically says these weapons are affected by Bladed Weapons. I was wondering if a player's skill in Axes also affects their damage in any way?

It is an interesting idea but I would have one concern. Once you have a purple tool or weapon, if it degrades even more slowly and you can repair it almost to original quality, there is little reason to go out and look for another and the going out and exploring/looting is the main point of the game imho.

I'm not sure I follow. Purple items will degrade at the same rate they do now.

I see the Combat Axe schematic is learned from Decaptiator skill line which specifically says these weapons are affected by Bladed Weapons. I was wondering if a player's skill in Axes also affects their damage in any way?

No, the Axe skill doesn't effect the combat axe.

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "So the difference between quality 1 and quality 600, while present, is largely related to the durability rather than the damage."

I took that to mean that higher quality items would degrade much slower than the lower quality items.

I must be honest, I don't really have a good grasp on how degradation works in the game. If you are only changing the block and entity damage values, then I guess you are just proposing giving a massive boost to lower quality items in terms of damage?

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "So the difference between quality 1 and quality 600, while present, is largely related to the durability rather than the damage."

I took that to mean that higher quality items would degrade much slower than the lower quality items.

I must be honest, I don't really have a good grasp on how degradation works in the game. If you are only changing the block and entity damage values, then I guess you are just proposing giving a massive boost to lower quality items in terms of damage?

So, I guess I'll expand on this a bit...

I do think that what you are proposing makes some sense in terms of realism. A level 600 tool and a level 100 tool probably shouldn't do significantly different damage, just as they wouldn't in RL.

From a game perspective, I'm not sure if it makes a whole lot of difference.

If you are using a fairly vanilla or quick progression, then I think that the items will get to higher quality quickly enough and the end user won't see too much difference with the change.

If you are using a hardcore or slower progression, then the items will not get to higher levels very quickly and the change will definitely be much more noticeable. This change would eliminate a lot of the tedium for the first week of game play where the player would be forced to make do with low quality items.

Now, I took a look at your progression file (I didn't look to see if you modified the XP points for items) and you are using something fairly close to vanilla in terms of leveling. So, in this case, I don't think this change will have a large impact on game play, perhaps just for the first 2 or 3 days.

Hope this feedback helps.

hey,

right now i'm doing some new quests of your mode. now i have to "gather assorted vegetables", can you please tell me how to find/do that? cause i can find a recipe or how to do..

br bl4bl4

Assorted vegetables are gained from scrapping vegetables. The quest description actually should tell you this.

" First cut up some vegetables (corn, potatos and leeks), by 'scrapping' them "

Hope this feedback helps.

All feedback is appreciated. :)

I know this may have been asked before, but there is 200+ pages on this thread, and searching for the words may not help as everyone uses words differently.

I am unable to use the new workstations; other than the working sink; such as the armory, chem station, dye station, oven, and any others. Every time I try to use them, I get the grey circle icon of a fire on screen and nothing else, such as the campfire/forge interface when using them.

And if it helps, I am using the expansion pack, not the overhaul pack.

If this has been asked before, just point me to the post(s) for it; such as replying with the page number in the thread it (or they) are on or just link me to it (or them) should that be easy, or just not in this thread as it may have come up in the threads for the mods themselves.

Also there was mention of some guide for your mods or the modpack, I could use a link or such to that since I can't find it.

And PS, love the mod other than the new workstations problem I am having.

Assorted vegetables are gained from scrapping vegetables. The quest description actually should tell you this.

" First cut up some vegetables (corn, potatos and leeks), by 'scrapping' them "

All feedback is appreciated. :)

Curious.. why is it that if you scrap say 5 veges you might get only 3 assorted but if you scrap individually you get 1 per?

@TekNic

Hello Tek. No worries about not reading the pages. I don't know why people even say that, honestly. I mean, do people /really/ expect me to expect them to read all the pages? This topic well over a year old too - most of the pages are irrelevant and have outdated info anyway. Always ask me, don't waste time searching.

The workstations are working fine. Just tested it out myself to confirm. Have you tried adding a mod ontop of my mod, such as another UI mod for example? That would break the workstations. At worse try a new map or placing a new workstation.

Also are you certain you're using the Expansion pack? The Armory isn't something you can craft in expansion pack - its only used in overhaul. Unless you grabbed it from creative menu.

The guide is included in the download zip file. Open the zip then the master folder that has the Data and Mods folder. You'll see it there called Valmod Guide.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious.. why is it that if you scrap say 5 veges you might get only 3 assorted but if you scrap individually you get 1 per?

Because the Pimps implemented a hard-coded diminishing returns when it comes to scrap. Not just veggies, everything. You always get more material for scrapping things individually rather than scrapping in large stacks. This is hard-coded into the game and the scrap function. I have no control over it.

Archived