A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Oh I get what he is asking:

The last ammo selection for guns is a symbol that has 3 bullets sitting next to each other.

No idea what that is either.

Since we are on the subject, do incendiary rounds do the same base damage as regular rounds? I know there is fire damage but I'm unsure if the bullet itself has any damage modifiers.

Sorry, my English is not the best. What you wrote I still know. If you hold a weapon in your hand and make a long R-click you'll get a window to choose your sort of ammo. There is a new symbol I do not know. 3 bullets in a line. I can't find which kind of ammo I can load with this symbol.

It means to clear the ammo in your gun. At least that's what happens when I select it after having ammo in the weapon.

It means to clear the ammo in your gun. At least that's what happens when I select it after having ammo in the weapon.

It's this exactly.

Check the AK47 for example, the Magazine_items has Unload as the fourth ammo type.

Magazine_items: 762mmBullet, 762mmBulletHP, 762mmBulletINC, Unload

You can try loading any ammo type that you dont have in inventory to get the same effect, so it's more for convenience for when you have all the ammo types, or a gun with only 1 ammo type.

Since we are on the subject, do incendiary rounds do the same base damage as regular rounds? I know there is fire damage but I'm unsure if the bullet itself has any damage modifiers.

They deal the same damage, they just also set them on fire which does its own damage over time.

It's this exactly.

Check the AK47 for example, the Magazine_items has Unload as the fourth ammo type.

Magazine_items: 762mmBullet, 762mmBulletHP, 762mmBulletINC, Unload

You can try loading any ammo type that you dont have in inventory to get the same effect, so it's more for convenience for when you have all the ammo types, or a gun with only 1 ammo type.

Correct on all accounts. Its just an "unload" button. Lets you unload the gun without dismantling it. Though he's right that you could also just select any other ammo that you dont have in your inventory for the same effect. Its just a convenience thing.

Doubt compo pack had anything to do with it. 7DTD, even vanilla, has some pretty wonky random gen bugs. Buildings cut in half, terrain texture glitching and stretching across the map, regions going invisible, giant pitholes, general map corruption, rwgmixer rules not applying correctly, buildings randomly falling apart when you approach them, buildings floating in the air. Random gen can be a right mess sometimes. Right Stompy? :)

Doubt compo pack had anything to do with it. 7DTD, even vanilla, has some pretty wonky random gen bugs. Buildings cut in half, terrain texture glitching and stretching across the map, regions going invisible, giant pitholes, general map corruption, rwgmixer rules not applying correctly, buildings randomly falling apart when you approach them, buildings floating in the air. Random gen can be a right mess sometimes. Right Stompy? :)

Well its day 16 - I usualy start over around now anyway.

I don't know what you mean, the RWG I play in is perfectly fine :p

/cackle

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it is a bug with building on top of the Shotgun Assassin, Crack a Book, etc building types?

Or maybe from the COMPOPACK_21(for_alpha14.6) mod?

most likely a result of a corrupted chunk file or something. I've seen this happen on rare occasions for over a year.

I wonder if it is a bug with building on top of the Shotgun Assassin, Crack a Book, etc building types?

Or maybe from the COMPOPACK_21(for_alpha14.6) mod?

Yeh I def agree with Valmar. RWG is wonky and has so many bugs and errors and annoyances to list a few. It def not the compo pack. Hopefully in a81 when tfp get to fixing rwg it be all smooth sailing from there :-D. The RWG has some of the top minds of prefabbing working on trying to get it working the way it 'should" however only tfp could do this imho. Everyone has done as much as they can to reduce the issues associated with rwg as they possibly can.

Just have to be patient and await rwg to be fully fixed. And I hope it does get fully fixed rwg is way better then navesgane by 100s of herds together

- - - Updated - - -

sorry typo that should be prolly a16 or a17 lol damn auto correct :-D

most likely a result of a corrupted chunk file or something. I've seen this happen on rare occasions for over a year.

I have 1,016 hours logged in this game and I've never seen this happen before.

Now this bug has occurred in this play though twice.

Might be time to do a full uninstall and reinstall of the game.

Hi... I was just wondering about how the 'locking down' of the crafting recipes in the overhaul works?

I play 7 Days to Die almost exclusively in single-player... Will I still be able to craft everything eventually (through unlocks) or is the overhaul more intended for servers where certain classes will never be able to craft certain things (and you need one person of each class to have the full range of items available)?

Hi Ronin,

I play exclusively in single-player as well.

Yes, you will be able to craft everything eventually. The classes you give you a head start on the path you want but you can put the points you earn where you please.

The "locking down" part - well I think that means you don't need books since you can purchase any perk as long as you meet the player level/skill level requirements.

I strongly recommend playing the overhaul - it's a big change but once you get used to it I think you'll find it hard to go back to vanilla.

Hi Ronin,

I play exclusively in single-player as well.

Yes, you will be able to craft everything eventually. The classes you give you a head start on the path you want but you can put the points you earn where you please.

The "locking down" part - well I think that means you don't need books since you can purchase any perk as long as you meet the player level/skill level requirements.

I strongly recommend playing the overhaul - it's a big change but once you get used to it I think you'll find it hard to go back to vanilla.

I'm playing it now, thanks :).

I'm finding I have almost unlimited stamina? Does this mod change the stamina at all? I feel like I could run all day at athletics level 1.

I'm playing it now, thanks :).

I'm finding I have almost unlimited stamina? Does this mod change the stamina at all? I feel like I could run all day at athletics level 1.

It's been so long since I've played vanilla that I am not sure - It is possible the the class you choose gave you a boost.

Hello Ronin -welcome to the modding community.

What Erik said is accurate and summerized it well. Only thing I will elaborate on is the "locking down" part actually refers to the fact that the overhaul locks down the crafting recipes in that many recipes you could freely craft at anypoint in vanilla are, in overhaul, largely locked down. Most things need to be made at a workstation (workbench, concrete mixer, armory, chemistry station, decor artisan station) and things that used to be "free" in vanilla (like in vanilla anyone can craft woodframes from the start) are now locked behind perks. Thats what I mean when I say its locked down.

Other than that everything else was spot on. You can still learn everything and classes are just a boost towards a specific buildset.

Also no stamina should be vanilla. However again like Erik mentions its possible your chosen class starts off with levels in athletics which does lower the rate your stamina degrades. The only class that starts, currently, with athletics boost is the Bruiser who starts with 10 points added to his athletics. Could that be it?

Study desk help ASAP! PLS n TY

HI peeps anyone able to help me with the study desk?

I am unable to craft one also if I open up cheat menu and place one into the game it just comes out as a normal desk I can put items into etc.

I have also reinstalled the mod a few times now and started fresh worlds but nothing has seemed to work for me as of so far.

It is still in the mod or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated! :adoration:

The study desk is still in the mod in a technical sense because I didn't want to corrupt old maps by removing it. However, as you noticed, you can't craft it anymore. This is because of changes made in V3. The study desk serves no purpose anymore. Now you read the survivor notes to get a skill point. If you look in your progression/perks you'll notice that all the recipe books have been converted to be perks now.

For example say in the old system you could craft the Tesla Electronics book with 10 survivor notes. Well now Electric Lights is its own perk you can unlock which costs 10 skill points. So you can still use the survivor notes to unlock skills, its just a bit more streamlined now.

Hello Ronin -welcome to the modding community.

What Erik said is accurate and summerized it well. Only thing I will elaborate on is the "locking down" part actually refers to the fact that the overhaul locks down the crafting recipes in that many recipes you could freely craft at anypoint in vanilla are, in overhaul, largely locked down. Most things need to be made at a workstation (workbench, concrete mixer, armory, chemistry station, decor artisan station) and things that used to be "free" in vanilla (like in vanilla anyone can craft woodframes from the start) are now locked behind perks. Thats what I mean when I say its locked down.

Other than that everything else was spot on. You can still learn everything and classes are just a boost towards a specific buildset.

Also no stamina should be vanilla. However again like Erik mentions its possible your chosen class starts off with levels in athletics which does lower the rate your stamina degrades. The only class that starts, currently, with athletics boost is the Bruiser who starts with 10 points added to his athletics. Could that be it?

Thank you for the welcome. I started with the Survivor? The one that starts with the crossbow.

Archived