We've gone from three slots for head armor to just one in V1.0

Before you had one slot for glasses, you put your cigar in your mouth, and then you had a spot in your head armor that you generally put a helmet light in. Now there's only one slot. In the past the bill that I wanted to use was one helmet bike, one cigar, and one lucky goggles. Now I have to slot one out and slot the other end when I need it. 

If all tier one and two armor had two slots, and the cigar and attribute  mods slotted anywhere, it would be the same. While you're going from 7 to 8 slots, the extra armor slot wouldn't make that big a difference.

6 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Before you had one slot for glasses, you put your cigar in your mouth, and then you had a spot in your head armor that you generally put a helmet light in. Now there's only one slot. In the past the bill that I wanted to use was one helmet bike, one cigar, and one lucky goggles. Now I have to slot one out and slot the other end when I need it. 

If all tier one and two armor had two slots, and the cigar and attribute  mods slotted anywhere, it would be the same. While you're going from 7 to 8 slots, the extra armor slot wouldn't make that big a difference.

Of course, you are completely ignoring the bonuses you get from the head armor (didn't have that in A21) and the set bonus you get when you have all 4 from the same group.

You can't compare just one aspect of the armor change with all the aspects from A21.

I would gladly give up the cigar bonus for the assassin set bonus along with the 4 individual bonuses for each piece of armor.

Yeah, I haven't looked at tier 5/6 armor yet.  Aren't there more mod slots in that?  If not, that's a serious problem because then you are really lacking in mod slots.

Some medium quality armor has 2 slots, so it is quite likely Q6 and maybe Q5 has 4 slots.  So no change there.  The change is just how many armor/clothing pieces you have that can use mods.  It is kind of underwhelming having such limited options for mods.  All these mods looted and I can't do a thing with them because I still have mostly Q1-2 armor that only have 1 slot each.

Yes, you gain more slots in armor as you progress but a lot of these mods only go in the head armor.

Now that I've thought about this a little more, it's more difficult than it looks so the present way is probably the best way.

1 minute ago, ElCabong said:

Yes, you gain more slots in armor as you progress but a lot of these mods only go in the head armor.

Now that I've thought about this a little more, it's more difficult than it looks so the present way is probably the best way.

Yes, but you listed 3 mods and you can fit all 3 into the helmet, with another slot to spare.  Yes, the cigar and glasses were not mods before, but how much else did you need in the helmet before?  We don't need anything for temperature currently.  You can toss in an armor mod.  What else would you want in there beyond those 4?  I suppose the noise reduction if you're a stealth build.  But shouldn't there be a reason to have to choose what you want instead being able to just add everything?  But like I said, it isn't great having so few places for mods now, so I do agree on the overall number of slots.

On 6/30/2024 at 6:50 PM, myrkana said:

DO you not get more slots in higher level armor? 5 or 6 level armor?

Yes higher level armor provides more mod slots.  Currently, it takes quite a long time to progress to opening mod slots on armor and to make the incremental bonuses on the armor meaningful.

It a balance issue.  There is tweaking to be done.

Previously, with the basic gear starting out, a player had at least three mod slots for the headgear (one armor, one glasses, one face) and it did not take very long to progress to two armor slots.  Now two armor slots is locked behind signifiant investment in armor books.

Perhaps, giving the headgear an extra slot at level 1, or just a dedicated slot for the headlamp and one open slot at level 1, would smooth progression a little.