A16 Survivor's Pack Starting Gear

Valmar

I honestly don't see how it would be possible for this mod to cause the problem you're describing. I don't even touch the items.xml. All I add to the game is two blocks and some lootgroups, really.

Also as my mod is only a XML mod you wouldn't need to do a lot to test and revert. Make a backup copy of your loot.xml and blocks.xml file then add my code. If it doesn't work you can just use the backup copies. That will save you from having to reinstall stuff.

It's up to you. I mean, like I said, I don't see how its possible my mod could cause this problem. I don't know anything about Rongo or Navezhattan so I can't comment there. If you still have the problem then by all means send the config folder and I will be happy to look into it and see if I can figure out the problem.

If the problem persists you could try removing the only thing my mod has that relates to skill books - the lootgroup.

Remove this lootgroup:

<lootgroup name="Survival Book" >

<item name="crossbowSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="hammerSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="huntingKnifeBook" count="1" />

<item name="pistolBook" count="1" />

<item name="wrenchSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="sawedoffPumpShotgunSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="pumpShotgunSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="huntingRifleSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="ammunitionNationBook" count="1" />

<item name="shotgunShellSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="9mmBulletSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="leatherTanning" count="1" />

<item name="leatherBootsSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="leatherHatSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="leatherJacketSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="leatherPantsSchematic" count="1" />

<item name="leatherGlovesSchematic" count="1" />

</lootgroup>

Then find the survival backpack group and remove the item group Survival Book.

<lootgroup name="Survival Backpack" count="all">

<item name="painkillers" count="1" />

<item name="firstAidKit" count="1" />

<item name="antibiotics" count="1" />

<item name="bottledWater" count="1" />

<item name="bandage" count="2" />

<item name="stoneAxe" count="0" />

<item name="wornBoots" count="0" />

<item name="flashlight02" count="0" />

<item name="bedRoll01_1" count="0" />

<item group="melee" />

<item group="cannedfood" count="1" />

<item group="Survival Hats" />

<item group="Survival Shirts" />

<item group="Survival Book" />

<item group="Survival Range" />

<item group="Survival Pants" />

<item group="Survival Tools" />

</lootgroup>

Doing that would remove literally the only references my mod makes to recipes in anyway. Though again, like I said, this shouldn't be able to cause the problem you're describing since it doesn't actually touch any of the books. Its possible one of your mods changed or remove some of the books and that is causing the problem... but even then, I don't think it'd cause THIS problem. It'd be more like a console error message whenever you try to place the backpack. It shouldn't have anything at all to do with you learning recipes.

Anyway without seeing the config folder I can't tell you what the problem is. In fact you don't even need to re-add my mod if its that big of a problem - you could just send your config as-is and I'll add the mod myself and see if I have the problem. Whichever is easier for you.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It didnt work as-is. The basic structure itself I think is still perfectly fine but some items were renamed that I had to adjust and of course the block ID was no longer usable. Since you requested it I went ahead and updated the shared pastebin code. It should work in A14 now. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll take another crack at it. Pretty sure its fine though.

• 1 month later...

From what I can tell its working in 14.6 as in the item is in the inventory when the player arrives on the server. They can put the bag on the ground, they can open it and get the items out of it, however after they close the bag, it poofs as if it destroyed itself, but.... the bag is still there. I'm still trying to figure this one out by comparing it to other items that do what this is supposed to do and that is destroy itself after being closed.

@Pacid

Thank you for mentioning it. I believe I see the problem. It extends from the "locked" backpack which is set to downgrade into the unlocked version. As such it copies the locked versions downgrade event.

param1="DowngradeBlock" added to the extends property should fix it, as I have done to the code now.

Sorry for the oversight.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. That your character started with the pack at all shows that you got that step right.

The problem sounds like a loot.xml related one. Did you add the loot code at the bottom of the loot.xml, above the </lootcontainers> line?

• 1 month later...

For future reference to others:

Your problem was likely due to the fact that you were putting the groups AFTER their calls in containers. A container or other group cannot call on a group that comes after it in the list or it breaks. Order matters.

For future reference to others:

Your problem was likely due to the fact that you were putting the groups AFTER their calls in containers. A container or other group cannot call on a group that comes after it in the list or it breaks. Order matters.

val your right i dotn know what i did but w/e i did screwed up the loot i can break the bag but after that i get the magnifying glass on the bag cant loot it... was working fine screwed something up can u look at this code below that's how i placed the code at the end of loot.xml

<lootgroup name="backpackwep" count="all">

<item name="9mmBullet" count="200"/>

<item name="gunPistol" />

<item name="gunPistol" />

</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="Survival Backpack" count="all">

<item name="painkillers" />

<item name="firstAidKit" />

<item name="antibiotics" />

<item name="bottledWater" />

<item name="bandage" />

<item name="flashlight02" />

<item name="bedroll" />

<item name="keystoneBlock" />

<item name="cementMixer" />

<item group="cannedfood" count="3" />

<item group="backpackwep" />

</lootgroup>

<lootcontainer id="180" count="1" size="8,4" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item group="Survival Backpack" />

</lootcontainer>

</lootcontainers>

just something extra if you guys want the quality of the items in the backpack at a certain level just create a template place this code in before this line </lootqualitytemplates>

<lootqualitytemplate name="backpacktemplate">

<qualitytemplate level="0,200" default_quality="500,600">

<loot quality="500,600" prob="1"/>

</qualitytemplate>

</lootqualitytemplate>

then also change the loot quality template="backpacktemplate" example below

<lootcontainer id="180" count="1" size="8,4" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1.5" loot_quality_template="backpacktemplate">

<item group="Survival Backpack" />

</lootcontainer>

thx

Archived