Sign in to follow this  
Valmar

A16 Survivor's Pack Starting Gear

If you want to zip and put your mod code on github or where i can get to it i can look through see if i can find the issue. I have created a few beginning crates that work in 17.1 and 17.2

A couple of items:

1. what is the name of the mod, where does it fall in your list of mods, as there are a lot of items referenced in this one that are not contained within it. at least not the file I see here.

2. when you start a new game to set hit f1 and use the command exportcurrentconfigs from the location it gives you review the active loot.xml to make sure it still shows the correct information you expect based on this mods changes.

3. In your associated blocks.xml verify the names for the base place-able block and the downgrade blocks as well as their LootList value.

Edited by Ozzland (see edit history)

If you want to zip and put your mod code on github or where i can get to it i can look through see if i can find the issue. I have created a few beginning crates that work in 17.1 and 17.2

A couple of items:

1. what is the name of the mod, where does it fall in your list of mods, as there are a lot of items referenced in this one that are not contained within it. at least not the file I see here.

2. when you start a new game to set hit f1 and use the command exportcurrentconfigs from the location it gives you review the active loot.xml to make sure it still shows the correct information you expect based on this mods changes.

3. In your associated blocks.xml verify the names for the base place-able block and the downgrade blocks as well as their LootList value.

thanks. I'll github this pack later. trying to keep the exact mod proprietary as its a present for my moderators on my server.

1. this is the only mod that its present and only references itself. it was named AdminMods then i changed the name to ModAdmins to see if that was the issue. I'm testing this on my own personal game, not the server. even then, it will be its own mod and only reference itslf. I not only have divided out my moding list in a linear fashion (named in a way they only reference themselves but also only those that came before) I understood this concept from the get go.

2. I've even scoured the output logs and everything is parsing correctly, its reading the lists. I'll have a gander again, but thats the first place i look, even if i dont get errors. I've even closed completely out of notepadd++ thinking it was running a redundant copy.

3. done, one, I've spend 3 days rereading this code. I've made 3 similar mods before and they ran fine. But i will recheck my items list for errors i dont see on the output log too.

I'll github this tonight, i've got to go mow the yard quick. thank you for responding.

Sorry for the delay Ozz, I'm proofreading my code one more time to see if i can find the error that isnt obvious using validation or the output logs. everything on the items list for this mod are in game and appearing just fine. i think thats whats so frustrating, plus the fact that the last 3 builds back in 16.4 and 17.1 worked just fine.

ok so i got it to work.. ITS WORKING.. i didnt know we could reference a block as an item. so since i was trying to give the loot containers as loot but referenced them as blocks, it wanst giving loot. once i changed <block name= to <item name= its working beautifully.

thanks for all your help

edited to say - its giving two of everything.. so o i change the count to zero?

Edited by SlicksGirl (see edit history)

Try zero, if that doesn't work try like .2 or something. Can't remember if you can do decimal points in loot counts. Its been a while since I played in that area. It would be nice if you could tell a loot group to ignore all skills and loot settings and only contain the count listed in the loot group.

Posted (edited)

ok I've got this working and will publish it when its all done. I still Have one issue. the containers do not act like loot containers.

I get this in startup and can see all the other containers supposed to be in this. But i cant open what it breaks down into.

<block name="hitMe1">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="cntDuffle01" />

<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>

<property name="LootList" value="203"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mcloth" />

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="#Entities/LootContainers?duffle01Prefab.prefab" />

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="holy♥♥♥♥" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacer" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

</block>

<block name="holy♥♥♥♥">

<property name="Extends" value="hitMe1" param1="DowngradeBlock"/>

<property name="LootList" value="203"/>

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

</block>

there are no errors on start up. there are no errors in the logs, except the usual shader issue. I spawn in with the duffle bag. it has no name when i place it. I can bust it in two punches. it spawns another duffel bag. also has no name above it like other loot containers do. there is no action <E>, but i can bust it.

does anybody have a working a18 starter loot mod i can reference the blocks code to.

Edited to say: Now they break down and spawn a loot container. but still are not giving out loot. Any ideas?

Edited by SlicksGirl (see edit history)