The zombie population

Hello, I have this little problem in multiplayer. I'm playing 4 with my friends on max difficulty. When I increase in the difficulty settings the number of zombies in blood moon above 8 per person zombies does not become more even at very high level and day. I and my friends have very powerful computers and we would like to play 32-64 per person as our base and resources allow it, because of some limitation we get very few zombies, it is far from even 10 zombies per person. Please advise how you can increase the real number of zombies to be really 32-64 zombies per person (we are four). If something is not written correctly, I apologize in advance, my level of English is not so high.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Posted (edited)

If you are on a dedicated server look at serverconfig.xml

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="64" /> <!-- This setting covers the entire map. There can only be this many zombies on the entire map at one time. Changing this setting has a huge impact on performance. -->

If hosting co-op on your PC look at registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\MaxSpawnedZombies_h1091629070

Those values are total zombies on the whole server, not per person.

Edited by seven (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, seven said:

Если вы используете выделенный сервер, посмотрите serverconfig.xml.

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="64" /> <!-- Этот параметр охватывает всю карту. На всей карте одновременно может быть только определенное количество зомби. Изменение этого параметра оказывает огромное влияние на производительность. -->

Если вы размещаете совместную игру на своем ПК, посмотрите ключ реестра HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\MaxSpawnedZombies_h1091629070.

Эти значения представляют собой общее количество зомби на всем сервере, а не на человека.

https://ibb.co/8xd7FQX 

Here's a link to a screenshot (I haven't figured out how to upload a picture here). Do I need to change the value instead of 12c? I remember that I tried to change different values (for dedicated server too), nothing changed. Can it be that because of the stage of the game can not be so many zombies? If so, how to increase the stage of the game when we are already maximally developed, thank you in advance

2 minutes ago, warmer said:

Когда я играю в одиночку или с друзьями, настройка орды всегда работала. Если у вас установлены моды, я бы посмотрел это в первую очередь.

The mods are only for weapons and water bottles, does this affect it?

19 minutes ago, seven said:

If you are on a dedicated server look at serverconfig.xml

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="64" /> <!-- This setting covers the entire map. There can only be this many zombies on the entire map at one time. Changing this setting has a huge impact on performance. -->

If hosting co-op on your PC look at registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\MaxSpawnedZombies_h1091629070

Those values are total zombies on the whole server, not per person.

As long as they check the link with the screenshot. Do I need to change the value instead of 12c? I remember I tried changing different values (for dedicated server too), but nothing changed. Could it be that there can't be that many zombies because of the stage of the game? If so, how to increase the game stage when we are already maxed out, thanks in advance

Posted (edited)

This is just from my understanding. It may not be 100%

I think the serverconfig.xml will only affect an actual dedicated server. If I am wrong someone please let me know also as I would love to know this for certain.

I also recall there are some mods out there that will help set the amount of zombies in game.

I have also seen you can set the max amount higher in the windows.xml file in the config/XUi_Menu folder...

This is in the main games folder... .../Data/Config/XUi_Menu/windows.xml

image.thumb.png.49e572dc6bfffb583750cbe299900d17.png

can do it by adding numbers...

image.thumb.png.867fe8329e69b7c38ea5d119ffd701c1.png

make sure you follow the pattern of the line, no left out or extra spaces, commas where needed etc. And always make a copy of the file before editing in case of a screw up.

you will also see that in that section there are other things that can be edited for the game menus.

I wouldn't go crazy with really high numbers until you see how smaller changes work out.

Again...VERY IMPORTANT...back up files before editing...can't be said enough.

Have Been Warned.

(and welcome to modding)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Это только из моего понимания. Это может быть не 100%

Я думаю, что файл serverconfig.xml повлияет только на реальный выделенный сервер. Если я ошибаюсь, пожалуйста, дайте мне знать, так как мне бы хотелось знать это наверняка.

Я также помню, что есть несколько модов, которые помогут установить количество зомби в игре.

Я также видел, что вы можете установить максимальную сумму выше в файле windows.xml в папке config/XUi_Menu...

Это в основной папке игры... .../Data/Config/XUi_Menu/windows.xml

image.thumb.png.49e572dc6bfffb583750cbe299900d17.png

можно сделать это, сложив цифры...

image.thumb.png.867fe8329e69b7c38ea5d119ffd701c1.png

убедитесь, что вы следуете образцу строки, без пропусков или лишних пробелов, запятых там, где это необходимо, и т. д. И всегда делайте копию файла перед редактированием на случай ошибки.

вы также увидите, что в этом разделе есть и другие вещи, которые можно редактировать в меню игры.

Я бы не стал сходить с ума от действительно больших цифр, пока вы не увидите, как работают меньшие изменения.

Опять же... ОЧЕНЬ ВАЖНО... делайте резервные копии файлов перед редактированием... этого мало сказать.

Были предупреждены.

(и добро пожаловать в моддинг)

Thanks, I'll try that method. Very similar to the customization that is in the game 

21 hours ago, viper546 said:

As long as they check the link with the screenshot. Do I need to change the value instead of 12c? I remember I tried changing different values (for dedicated server too), but nothing changed. Could it be that there can't be that many zombies because of the stage of the game? If so, how to increase the game stage when we are already maxed out, thanks in advance

12C (300) might be more than the code supports. Maybe try a smaller number. Instead of editing the registry there is a mod that adds this to the game settings menu, along with animal count. See Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks in https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32007-khaines-a21-modlets-bigger-backpacks-lockable-slots-behemoths-random-wandering-hordes-etc/   This does the same as the edit Gamida suggests but as a modlet.

As Gamida said, serverconfig.xml is for dedicated servers (you didn't say how you are playing so I mentioned both). Only a few settings in that file are used when playing single player or hosting a co-op game.

5 minutes ago, seven said:

12C (300) может быть больше, чем поддерживает код. Возможно, попробуйте меньшее количество. Вместо редактирования реестра есть мод, который добавляет это в меню настроек игры вместе с подсчетом животных. См. «Максимальное количество животных/зомби» и «Блокировки претензий» на странице https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32007-khaines-a21-modlets-bigger-backpacks-lockable-slots-behemoths-random-wandering-hordes-etc/    . то же самое, что предлагает редактирование Gamida, но как модлет.

Как сказал Гамида, serverconfig.xml предназначен для выделенных серверов (вы не сказали, как вы играете, поэтому я упомянул оба). Лишь некоторые настройки в этом файле используются при одиночной игре или кооперативной игре.

Yes, thanks so much for all the tips, 12c (300) doesn't really work. I didn't count the number of zombies, but putting 32-64 per person on the screen was 20-25. I understand why the developers have reduced the number of zombies, but with this amount of banal uninteresting to play, our computers allow much more zombies.
I will try this mod that you advised and thanks again

7 minutes ago, seven said:

12C (300) might be more than the code supports. Maybe try a smaller number. Instead of editing the registry there is a mod that adds this to the game settings menu, along with animal count. See Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks in https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32007-khaines-a21-modlets-bigger-backpacks-lockable-slots-behemoths-random-wandering-hordes-etc/   This does the same as the edit Gamida suggests but as a modlet.

As Gamida said, serverconfig.xml is for dedicated servers (you didn't say how you are playing so I mentioned both). Only a few settings in that file are used when playing single player or hosting a co-op game.

Oh yeah, I'm not playing on a dedicated server, just creating a server on my pc. Will this modlet work in that case?

Yes, I think that mod should work for that, but I have only ever played single player or MP on dedicated servers. If you play single player you are actually running a server, and it uses those menu game settings from your PC. If other players join your game it is still using those settings. So, as far as I know, it should work. You may have a good computer, but even good computers struggle with a lot of zombies.

On 5/23/2024 at 2:08 PM, viper546 said:

The mods are only for weapons and water bottles, does this affect it?

For every empty jar returned to the game a zombie disappears!!

12 hours ago, seven said:

Yes, I think that mod should work for that, but I have only ever played single player or MP on dedicated servers. If you play single player you are actually running a server, and it uses those menu game settings from your PC. If other players join your game it is still using those settings. So, as far as I know, it should work. You may have a good computer, but even good computers struggle with a lot of zombies.

In this modlet, the maximum you can put in is 100 zombies. It turns out that in the original settings 64 zombies per person is fake? Because even with the mod for 2 people will not be after all 128 zombies or I do not understand something wrong?

You can edit the mod to add more values. Just add numbers to the comma separated list. The mod just makes it more convenient to change things than editing the registry directly. There is probably some limit in the code where any number over a certain value doesn't work, but I don't know what that is. KHaine may know the limit, or he might have chosen 100 as a reasonable high value. The devs probably chose 64 as a number that will work on most computers that meet the specs. Perhaps the devs also added code that trys to limit the number of spawns if the game is struggling.

For MaxSpawnedZombies it is not 64 zombies per person. It is for the whole server. The whole map. That includes bloodmoon horde, wandering zombies, or sleepers that spawned in if you walk past a house. You can set BloodMoonEnemyCount to 64 per player but the total number of all zombies combined won't be greater than MaxSpawnedZombies.

39 minutes ago, seven said:

Вы можете отредактировать мод, чтобы добавить больше значений. Просто добавьте числа в список, разделенный запятыми. Мод просто упрощает внесение изменений, чем непосредственное редактирование реестра. Вероятно, в коде есть какое-то ограничение, при котором любое число, превышающее определенное значение, не работает, но я не знаю, что это такое. Кхейн мог знать предел или выбрать 100 как разумное высокое значение. Разработчики, вероятно, выбрали 64 как число, которое будет работать на большинстве компьютеров, соответствующих спецификациям. Возможно, разработчики также добавили код, который пытается ограничить количество спавнов, если в игре возникают проблемы.

Для MaxSpawnedZombies это не 64 зомби на человека. Это для всего сервера. Вся карта. Сюда входят орды кровавой луны, бродячие зомби или спящие, которые появляются, если вы проходите мимо дома. Вы можете установить BloodMoonEnemyCount равным 64 для каждого игрока, но общее количество всех зомби вместе взятых не будет превышать MaxSpawnedZombies.

Are you saying that zombies sleeping in houses remain active even when I leave the property for my house? And do I have to level up the game to get the maximum number of zombies? For example, I in the mod put 100 zombies on the map, in put 32 zombies per person (we are two for example). I will always get 32 per zombie? That is immediately zaspavlennya in the blood moon 64 or they somehow gradually will be? I want to blood moon in the high level was a lot of zombies and they stormed us

The sleeper zombies will despawn after some time. I don't know how long.

Yes, the number of bloodmoon zombies is also limited by gamestage. You can see this in gamestage.xml. If your gamestage is 1, the maxalive is 3. I don't know if this is per player or combined, but much less than what you are looking for. As gamestage increases the maxalive goes up. About gamestage 100 the maxalive is 32. There may be a mod to have bigger bloodmoons. KHaine (from the above link) had a mod for this (called Bigger Bloodmoons) but I don't see it in his list anymore.

3 hours ago, seven said:

Спящие зомби исчезнут через некоторое время. Я не знаю, как долго.

Да, количество зомби кровавой луны также ограничено игровым этапом. Вы можете увидеть это в gamestage.xml. Если ваша игровая стадия равна 1, максимальный уровень жизни равен 3. Я не знаю, рассчитано ли это на каждого игрока или вместе, но гораздо меньше, чем то, что вы ищете. По мере увеличения уровня игры максимальный уровень жизни увеличивается. На игровом этапе 100 максимальный уровень жизни равен 32. Возможно, существует мод, позволяющий увеличить кровавую луну. У Кхейна (по ссылке выше) был мод для этого (под названием Bigger Bloodmoons), но я больше не вижу его в его списке.

Is there a mod or how can I increase the stage of the game? I already put 300% experience to make the stage grow faster than the progress of loot. 

6 hours ago, viper546 said:

In this modlet, the maximum you can put in is 100 zombies. It turns out that in the original settings 64 zombies per person is fake? Because even with the mod for 2 people will not be after all 128 zombies or I do not understand something wrong?

It's not fake so much as it is limited by the coded maximum alive value of 64. So if you play solo and set it to 64 zombies per person you will get 64 but if you play with a friend you both will get 32 when you are both on at the same time. If 8 people are playing then it will be 8 per person even though the setting is 64 per person. But if you remained on the server and your friends all signed off to go to bed then you would once again get 64 zombies at a time.

If you can mod the max alive value to 712 then if you have it set to 64 zombies per person you should actually get that. Don't forget to pop some pocorn while you watch the slideshow....

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Это не столько фейк, сколько ограничено закодированным максимальным живым значением 64. Таким образом, если вы играете в одиночку и установите 64 зомби на человека, вы получите 64, но если вы играете с другом, вы оба получите 32, когда вы оба включены одновременно. Если играют 8 человек, то будет по 8 на человека, даже если установлено 64 на человека. Но если вы останетесь на сервере и все ваши друзья уйдут спать, вы снова получите 64 зомби одновременно.

Если вы можете изменить максимальное значение жизни до 712, то, если у вас установлено значение 64 зомби на человека, вы действительно должны получить это. Не забудьте приготовить попкорн, пока смотрите слайд-шоу....

The problem with computer power is not, but to play with 20 zombies (near the house) for 4 people is boring, I want to be 32 for each person, that is 128 zombies at once. If in the mod that you advised me to add more zombies than 100 on the map (there are more than 100 is not), it will really work?

46 minutes ago, viper546 said:

The problem with computer power is not, but to play with 20 zombies (near the house) for 4 people is boring, I want to be 32 for each person, that is 128 zombies at once. If in the mod that you advised me to add more zombies than 100 on the map (there are more than 100 is not), it will really work?

I don't know. You'll have to try the mod and see. I was talking about your question regarding whether the 64 zombies per person in the base game is fake or not. Its not fake per se but it is limited by how many people are playing because of the max zombie count value. For questions regarding specific mods you should ask in that mod's thread in the modding forum and the author will be able to talk about what they've done and how it works. Or you can download it and test it for yourself and see if it provides a true 32 zombies per person on your server.

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

Я не знаю. Вам придется попробовать мод и посмотреть. Я говорил о вашем вопросе о том, являются ли 64 зомби на человека в базовой игре фальшивыми или нет. Это не подделка сама по себе, но она ограничена количеством играющих людей из-за максимального значения количества зомби. Вопросы, касающиеся конкретных модов, следует задавать в теме этого мода на форуме моддинга, и автор сможет рассказать о том, что они сделали и как это работает. Или вы можете скачать его, протестировать самостоятельно и посмотреть, обеспечивает ли он настоящие 32 зомби на человека на вашем сервере.

So far I have tested 64 zombies per 1 person , gave myself a level 300. I saw 64 zombies in the console (although they were a bit slow to spawn), I have to test with friends. Well and still need to understand what stage of the game is needed to all the zombies can appear. But if the stage will not be enough, it will be possible to increase the stage of the game manually ?

14 hours ago, Roland said:

For every empty jar returned to the game a zombie disappears!!

So Jar Jar Binks could clear the world of zombies faster than anyone.  I see.