New pimpsters video on the road to 1.0. My God it's been 12 years?

About 9 years for me, which is crazy. Only other game franchise that kept being part of my gaming life is Fallout.

Seems like not much is changing other than the removed "alpha" label. Still a whole bunch of game features that need to come up.

Don't really care much about all the console related stuff, but I guess it's cool they finally get to be part of it again.

TFP, despite all the hate and (sometimes valid) criticism they get, have built something very cool here and I'm glad I was and am along for the ride :]

Been playing since Alpha13 and its one of the few games that I keep coming back too.  Have somewhere around 18k Hrs played between Xbox and PC,  and I look forward to the future updates to keep bringing me back for another 15k+hrs

3 hours ago, Darthjake said:

I started the alpha before the revenge of the trees, when they would damage you if they hit you, not sure what alpha that was, but it's been a while.

I remember that. Made you stop and think about what you were doing. Lol

• ElCabong changed the title to New pimpsters video on the road to 1.0. My God it's been 12 years?
On 4/20/2024 at 3:32 PM, ElCabong said:

Alpha 22 is going to be version 1.0. we're not going to see Raiders until next year.

Alpha Exodus: Leaving Early Access | 7 Days to Die

Just wanted to point out that if they had gone on with the alpha numbering we wouldn't have gotten bandits until Alpha 23 anyway which would have been....next year. There really isn't any change other than for the first time ever a publicly released roadmap with dates paired with features.

It's been a decade for me which is crazy to me because I was in school back then.

I'm looking forward to it, but I was basically not expecting it to happen for a couple years. It does kind of feel like they're just slapping 1.0 on it though. The game does feel well fleshed out in what's there, but lacking bandits and story stuff in release seems odd.

Then again, like Roland stated, we weren't getting those in the next update (formerly A 22) anyway.