Game Not Running On my Friends PC

Ruz_v1

My friend has the game on ps4 but wanted to play it on PC with me, I looked at the requirements on Steam to play the game and upgraded his PC accordingly with an Intel i5 2400, Nvidia Quadro k2200 (4gb GPU) and 16 dd3 Ram and he proceeded to buy the game, however it taking the HDD to 100% on launch screen then crashes.. I've been told an SSD would solve this but before I tell my friend to spend money on an SSD, is the Intel i5 2400, Nvidia Quadro k2200 (4gb GPU) and 16 dd3 Ram good enough to run the game or is the Steam requirements to run the game incorrect/not been updated. Any help would be appreciated as I would really like to start a gaming session with my friend 

The game should not crash on that hardware, so I'd check if the hd is ok. Run chkdsk and make sure there is enough room on the drive.

Also make sure the swapfile is set to be managed by Windows. If none of that helps:

Post their output log file. Instructions are in the thread titled "How To Report an Issue".

Yeah, that hardware is scraping the bottom of the barrel for sure, but it does at least meet the super-vague minimum requirements. Though the GPU has the VRAM, I would put min-spec around a GTX 660, and that Quadro is about half as fast.

Your friend needs to get a whole new PC. Maybe something that was built in the last decade.

17 hours ago, Ruz_v1 said:

My friend has the game on ps4 but wanted to play it on PC with me, I looked at the requirements on Steam to play the game and upgraded his PC accordingly with an Intel i5 2400, Nvidia Quadro k2200 (4gb GPU) and 16 dd3 Ram and he proceeded to buy the game, however it taking the HDD to 100% on launch screen then crashes.. I've been told an SSD would solve this but before I tell my friend to spend money on an SSD, is the Intel i5 2400, Nvidia Quadro k2200 (4gb GPU) and 16 dd3 Ram good enough to run the game or is the Steam requirements to run the game incorrect/not been updated. Any help would be appreciated as I would really like to start a gaming session with my friend 

An HDD will definitely go up to 100% usage with this game and switching to, or adding, an SSD will definitely help a lot.  No guarantees it solves the crashing, though. That could be a faulty hard drive, RAM, graphics card, CPU, motherboard... You get the idea.  It could also be that the power supply is too small to handle the hard drive usage being used by the game.

But as others have said, the hardware isn't great and even if it runs after changing drives, it will likely be laggy and not all that enjoyable.  This isn't a game where being at minimum specs isn't a big deal.  It might be playable but I wouldn't call it enjoyable.

And if they are trying to use mods, especially a lot of them, that will cause even more problems with thar computer.  Their log would help to show if there is anything specific causing the crash.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

An SSD as a boot drive will improve the computer a lot in general, but Quadro cards aren't meant for gaming at all and you will run into issues trying to game on those, which imo is likely the issue. You can snag older cards like an amd rx 480/580/similar pretty cheap now a days, which would perform way better and be more stable. Those Quadro cards are workstation purpose hardware.