Network timeout

got this issue, very often the past week, when i play on servers, multiplayer. I do not own the server. I got network timeout very often, almost randomly and its getting hard to play and do quest.
can someone take a look at it? It happends to different servers to. even my sister got the same problem

I have uploaded the logfile : https://file.io/wLaV5uuWTqWS

please help

File is not available. Please just use something simple like Pastebin. 

At a guess, you likely are either facing an issue with poor network connectivity, a poor route to the server, or something like security software or firewalls blocking the data. 

I do cover some of these issues in the Pinned Support FAQ thread.

ok, try this one https://pastebin.com/vU5JKAA6

I have followed the most guides, used wireshark to wiew my internetconnection and there is nnot showing anyting that could be wrong with my connection, i have allowed programs in security and firewalls to, i have even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again. its so wierd cuz beefore this started we could play and the network timeout never showed up

Initial connection to the server is not showing issues. I will note however that when your laptop gets a wee bit warm it no longer meets the minimum hardware requirement for the CPU. This could cause delays in processing data, which may end up looking like poor network connectivity due to the CPU taking too long to process. Make sure you are up to date on Windows and drivers.

Also note that you have an odd RAM configuration. The amount doesn't make sense for it being shared with the GPU, so I would ensure you don't have mis-matched pairs. It is almost like you had 8GB, and then added 16GB. If that is two separate chips, then they will not be able to run dual-speed. So 3200MHz RAM would only be capable of running at 1600MHz with that setup which would doubly impact your performance. Especially with larger maps, and because your GPU is weak with no VRAM.

And honestly, not trying to crap all over your laptop. This is just @%$# you have to live with when you decide to play a very hardware-intensive game on something that can barely support it. At least you aren't trying to run it at 4k with maxed graphics. 

There really isn't a lot more log to see more than that though. I would run a traceroute to the host server when you have the issue. You might also try using the network helper option in General Settings.

Can't hurt to try PingPlotter too (can get a free trial). It gives a ton of information about every hop between you and a server; I used it a while back with another ISP to prove to them there was a problem at one of their nodes and they fixed it up.

yes, the computer had 8gb ram when i bought it, so I bought a 16gb ram and placed in it too, was that wrong? 

I´ve had a crappier laptop and played with before this laptop and that worked.

so is there anything i can do?

yes, the computer had 8gb ram when i bought it, so I bought a 16gb ram and placed in it too, was that wrong? 

I´ve had a crappier laptop and played with before this laptop and that worked.

If it's not crashing adding the 16gb is fine. Have you tried ping plotter to see if you have a bunch of packets dropping somewhere between you and the server? Also typical network troubleshooting, rebooting modem/router, using different ethernet cables, switching to wifi hotspot to see if it's better can help it too. Also ensure no "game booster" or the like are running, and if the game/OS is on an old harddrive, you can get a significant boost by using an SSD (if you're taking too long to load/unload files, you can also get disconnected).

One other thing you can try is connecting to another server to see if you have the same problem.  Servers can adjust their timeout settings and yours may have reduced the time, causing you to timeout now when you didn't before.

On 4/5/2024 at 12:11 PM, Madara.87 said:

These are the most common causes of network issues:

1: AntiVirus: Add folder exclusions for the game folder and the save folder in your antivirus software.
    (on both client and server)

2: oem gaming or network optimizers, like Gamefirst from Asus, Dell, HP, Corsair, Razor, etc.
    Uninstall all this junkware.

3: VPN or proxy: Use split tunneling to add an exception for the game.
    Or turn off the vpn.

4: Using Wifi. (WiFi is half-duplex, encrypted, and subject to interference) Use Ethernet instead.

Also you can try the "Network Workaround" option from the Options/General tab.

(both clients and host)