Solar cells

Dersu

Well, I'm playing a local game and I have reached a very high level. I have intelligence at level 10 and all skills are at their maximum, I have been doing level 6 missions for several days now. My problem is that I have visited the 8 sellers around and it is impossible to find a solar cell. Not a high-level one, not even a low-level one either. I have a solar bank and a lot of electrical devices and I want to automate doors, etc... but every day I make the rounds of the vendors and nothing. There are no solar cells. The game has become boring with this, since they cannot be looted or manufactured, I have a drawer full of thousands and thousands of duke tokens, which are useless. This game makes changes to the mechanics, often for the worse, it doesn't really evolve or improve big things, but even in 2024 we are still playing. But it's starting to get boring that they're making changes for the worse.

Edited by SylenThunder
removed weird format (see edit history)

Translation for @Dersu:

Well, I'm playing a local game and I have reached a very high level. I have intelligence at level 10 and all skills are at their maximum, I have been doing level 6 missions for several days now. My problem is that I have visited the 8 sellers around and it is impossible to find a solar cell. Not a high-level one, not even a low-level one either. I have a solar bank and a lot of electrical devices and I want to automate doors, etc... but every day I make the rounds of the vendors and nothing. There are no solar cells. The game has become boring with this, since they cannot be looted or manufactured, I have a drawer full of thousands and thousands of duke tokens, which are useless. This game makes changes to the mechanics, often for the worse, it doesn't really evolve or improve big things, but even in 2024 we are still playing. But it's starting to get boring that they're making changes for the worse.

Solar cells are T3 electrical so you need to be at 55 for trader stage for them to be in the trader inventory.

If you got Daring Adventure maxed out, that is 40 trader points right there.  Player level 15 would get you there regardless of your trader level.

Solar cells are in the Electrical trader grouping which consists of 21 unique items.  Solar cells are 0.2 probability while everything else in that group has a probability between 0.5 and 1 (so solar cells are the least likely to drop RWG).

All traders except for Bob can have between 5 to 10 unique electrical items.  Bob can have between 10 and 20 unique electrical items.  Bob has the highest chance of having them in his inventory since he has more unique choices than the other traders.

One thing you can do is mod in the ability to craft them.  I added them to my Q6 crafting mod as a high level electrical unlock (including solar banks).  I think I set the electrical crafting magazines to 110 to 135

Yeah, they severely nerfed solar with A21's removal of the special trader section.  Now, it is pretty much not worth the effort to try to find and buy solar cells.  I gave up on that and only get them from CM now because it isn't worth spending weeks trying to get just one solar bank filled with cells, let alone get all tier 6 cells and multiple banks.

OK.

Thank you BFT2020, zztong and sylen and sorry for the weird format, probably the google translate cut and paste.

I am at the maximun level with the trader and with daring adventure, I am level 120 in the game and 187 game state. Sorry for my english, I am spanish using google. 

Another problem is you need to do all the level missions of each trader to have this trader special things? this is really annoying change, I remember when you have the right level all traders show you the solar cells when they have, and yes there is a bug because my trader close home is not changing the ods...

I feel things are worse than before. The "updates" make unnecessary changes to trivial things that was ok or even better before and still no solutions for old problems. That what I feel. 

I am playing level warrior and iron man style, if I die I die, and my configuration was no CM allowed. 

I am going to try to find the mod that BFT suggest me, becasue porbably this is the last time I play 7dtd and I would like to total automatize the base and traps, etc...

Is sad that this game no evolution in so many years in the right way. I always think that if this game really have a new version with real improvements would be the best.

Thanks

Dersu

So I just noticed this myself and it's broken I think.  At my Daring Adventurer around 2-3 I started seeing them around several traders, but I couldn't afford them at the time.  I put some more points in and maxed out my trader skill and they disappeared.  It's like they are set to show up within a range, and that range does not include max skills.  Other items may be trumping them but I think it's something that needs fixed rather than being intentional.  Otherwise why would they disappear as you leveled up your skill?