Unused ammo types

Crater Creator

19 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

You may say! But there is no automatic rifle that shoots 44 Adam! You stupid 

My response.  The game is set in the future. Maybe then someone will make ether a SMG or an assault carbine in 44. Plus saves gives more uses for other guns 

IRL the closest thing we had to anything that fed .44 magnum was the .44 automag and that didn't go so well because .44 magnum are rimmed cartridges that don't play well with semiauto and automatic feed systems.

The real-world equivalent would be the HK MP5 SMG chambered in 10mm. The ballistics values are similar (.44 magnum is still stronger) but at least that does work even if not too well. But then that would ruin the in-game SMG since it is already 9mm and having two SMGs would be kind of confusing.

There have been both military and civilian enthusiast experiments into outfitting a Desert Eagle (which can be chambered in .44 magnum and .50 AE) as an automatic weapon. The kick alone makes it unsuitable. In-game we can put the full auto trigger mod on the Desert Vulture so if you -really- want an automatic magnum there you go.

As far as assault rifle calibers.... closest thing would be 5.56 NATO (.223 Remington) which would require them putting in a suitable model for the magnum class in as the Tier 3 option; perhaps the Steyr AUG or if we want to stay old school American the classic M16.

The best thing I can think of to incorporate .44 magnum in a rifle-based system for the game though would be something along the lines of the Winchester 1892 Level Action rifle. Since the game has Lever Action already, they could code the .44 magnum variant into the game using the same model.
Or you know... change Lever to .44 and bring back a variant of the Marksman rifle....

On 10/8/2023 at 6:32 AM, Old Crow said:

Breaching Slugs. The damage increase just isn't worth it, especially for the materials required. We figure it's better to just make the AP rounds/slugs.

Slugs are only good in the pipe/double shotgun

Use slugs in to Auto if you want to add to the difficulty by doing approx 40% less dmg

I just started playing with A21. I have 1 game with a couple of friends and 2 solo games. 

The game with friends is the first game we all started. We collected all ammo types but only used 7.62 weapons, 9mm weapons and shotguns. We started running low on 7.62 and 9mm so we started scrapping all .44 ammo for brass. We were also dumb and didn't know how to switch ammo types, so we scrapped AP rounds as well.

Now we know better and we also started using Desert Vultures. So we use all ammo types now except for bow ammo, which we scrap for iron.

For my solo games, one is too early to say much about and the other is pretty far along. In my advanced game, I primarily use the Desert Vulture and rely on the Auto Shotty, SMG and M60 for when things get hairy. And I use them in that order. Stage 1 hairiness is for the shotty, Stage 2 for the SMG, and panic mode is for the M60. So I have a lot of 7.62. An ok amount of 9mm and shotgun shells (which I also use for turrets) and a healthy amount of .44 rounds. 

8 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Can you explain how it's 40% less damage? Is it just because the spread is reduced?

The rebalance TFP made for A21, regarding the mod slots and damage. The shells have 10 projectiles while slugs are only 1, therefore, shells benefits 10x more dmg with the Pump and Auto shotguns. Pump has +5 dmg bonus so shells get 50 and slugs get 5. Auto has a +10 dmg bonus, so shells get 100 extra base dmg while slugs only get 10.

The Pipe has a -2 dmg debuff, so shells are super weak, losing 20 dmg, while slugs only lose 2 dmg, therefore, slugs absolutely WRECK with a Pipe shotgun when compared to shells.

You can see the results clear as day with a Q6 Pipe/Auto comparison when you look at the stats for each ammo type

EDIT: The slugs are so weak in to Auto, that shells do more dmg to soldiers that have 50% dmg mitigation

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Izayo said:

too much .44 ammo in mid-late game loot , even I'm playing with 10% loot bonus. aren't this caliber supposed to be rare?

In A21, there are many storage areas that yield the same amount of items regardless of the difficulty setting.
This includes treasure chests from poi and ammo boxes from infested quests.
Furthermore, the number of bullets increases by 1% for each LS, so no matter how you set the difficulty level, you will always have extra bullets.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, FranticDan said:

The rebalance TFP made for A21, regarding the mod slots and damage. The shells have 10 projectiles while slugs are only 1, therefore, shells benefits 10x more dmg with the Pump and Auto shotguns. Pump has +5 dmg bonus so shells get 50 and slugs get 5. Auto has a +10 dmg bonus, so shells get 100 extra base dmg while slugs only get 10.

The Pipe has a -2 dmg debuff, so shells are super weak, losing 20 dmg, while slugs only lose 2 dmg, therefore, slugs absolutely WRECK with a Pipe shotgun when compared to shells.

You can see the results clear as day with a Q6 Pipe/Auto comparison when you look at the stats for each ammo type

*kisses his backup dubby*