Is the spawn difficulty different?

Diragor

Just started playing A21 and I am at Day 4 (60 min Days) and already died 10 or more times because of soldiers, hawaii guys and mostly glowing eyed zombies spawning....in the forest... at the beggining.... seems a little extreme....I can't clean a single building (No I would never cheese, that's boring) so I can't do anything because of the spawn difficulty. I Play on warrior settings, does that affect the spawn? I thought it's only dmg/hp of zombies.

59 minutes ago, Diragor said:

Just started playing A21 and I am at Day 4 (60 min Days) and already died 10 or more times because of soldiers, hawaii guys and mostly glowing eyed zombies spawning....in the forest... at the beggining.... seems a little extreme....I can't clean a single building (No I would never cheese, that's boring) so I can't do anything because of the spawn difficulty. I Play on warrior settings, does that affect the spawn? I thought it's only dmg/hp of zombies.

difficulties spawn wise only raise game stage at a higher multiplier so this would only affect cop cars when breaking into them, blood moon hordes and poi spawns.

ゾンビと戦っても殆どの場合、得られるのは経験値だけなので、特に序盤は無視するのが最良です。
クエストも十分に戦える装備が手に入るまでは回収クエストだけをやりましょう。

(google translation)

Fighting zombies will only give you experience points most of the time, so it's best to ignore them, especially early on.
Until you have enough equipment to fight quests, do only collection quests.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Have you boosted XP gain?

Gamestage is what zombies are tied to.  Also tourist and soldiers are not high level zombies, they are just a bit tougher to take down.

Nope and I barely leveled. Day 5 and only level 6...Already got glowing eye spawn at the first night level 1 and had a dying loop xD

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Gamestage is what zombies are tied to.  Also tourist and soldiers are not high level zombies, they are just a bit tougher to take down.

SO I have just bad luck :D

City zombies are a bit harder, as well.  If you've been working inside a larger city, that would be why you're seeing those higher level zombies.  Day one city life is hard even at lower difficulty.  Keep slogging it out, OR find your way into a residential area and work there rather than in the city areas.

7 minutes ago, Khissi said:

City zombies are a bit harder, as well.  If you've been working inside a larger city, that would be why you're seeing those higher level zombies.  Day one city life is hard even at lower difficulty.  Keep slogging it out, OR find your way into a residential area and work there rather than in the city areas.

Funny is, I haven't been in any city yet. only in the outsides. Found no city because I am busy with dying :D

1 hour ago, Diragor said:

Funny is, I haven't been in any city yet. only in the outsides. Found no city because I am busy with dying :D

Darn!!  Well, I hope it gets better!  Your RNG sprites must be beside themselves.. little jerks.

2 hours ago, Diragor said:

Nope and I barely leveled. Day 5 and only level 6...Already got glowing eye spawn at the first night level 1 and had a dying loop xD

SO I have just bad luck :D

Ferals will spawn at night on Day 1, that is the intent.  Day is safer for low level, new survivors.  You can do work at night, but it carries a risk.  That is why even in Forest biome, the first nights I typically just hide up high and not make a sound so I don't have to deal with any ferals until I got proper gear and a defensive spot that I can hold them back.

<!-- *** BIOME_ZOMBIES_NIGHT_GROUP -->
    <entitygroup name="ZombiesNight">
        zombieSpider
        zombieSpiderFeral, .25
        zombieBoe
        zombieBoeFeral, .25
        zombieJoe
        zombieJoeFeral, .25
        zombieSteve
        zombieTomClark
        zombieSteveFeral, .25
        zombieTomClarkFeral, .25
        zombieMoe
        zombieMoeFeral, .25
        zombieYo
        zombieYoFeral, .25
        zombieBusinessMan
        zombieBusinessManFeral, .25
        zombieArlene
        zombieArleneFeral, .25
        zombieDarlene
        zombieDarleneFeral, .25
        zombieMarlene
        zombieMarleneFeral, .25
        zombieNurse
        zombieNurseFeral, .25
        animalZombieDog, .05
        zombieSteveCrawler
        zombieFatHawaiian
        zombieFatHawaiianFeral, .25
    </entitygroup>

On 8/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, Krougal said:

Even as a veteran player, I despise ferals, and I'm not embarrassed to say I set them to "walk"

It makes them much more manageable.

I usually back them down to run speed for the same reason.  I've been chased by them on the morning of day 1 in A21.