A21.1 (b15) reset my game save progress

Lumpus

Only minor ones:

Modifying the screamer settings and a backpack extension, nothing else.

Upon restart the whole world was regenerated with different settings, all players reset to level 1 but the game time was kept.

We restored a backup and tried again, this time disabling the chunk reset option.

That at least preserved the generated world look, but still everything reset to day 1, no buildings, all players level 1.

We have to start from scratch now..

It looks like this update went out with not enough testing and steam forces all users to update, without the option to disable auto updates :(

EDIT:

And now the game crashed, but option restart and reentering everything is back to normal? WTF. We just played through half a day with level 1 players!

Everything is back to what we had in A21, but gamestage and day is set to 1?!

Edited by dskw (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

We have a save on Navezgane created in A21 b324 and it loaded just fine. We have five or six modlets I created and four of Bdubyah's vehicles. Everything was fine. Upon exiting the game was then saved as A21.2 b16. Perhaps it was an RGW issue?

Our group has three servers on RWG with some mild mods. Did not have this issue at all. 

OP should probably post logs from when the issue first occurred. 

@dskw@LumpusThe most likely reason this happened is that when your server updated, it overwrote

your serverconfig.xml, thus setting it back to defaults and creating a new map. If you have a backup of

your serverconfig, you can get back to where you were. If not, you can redo all your settings in there to

get back to where you were. It's best to rename the serverconfig so this doesn't happen when updating.

Or, make backups.

3 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

@dskw@LumpusThe most likely reason this happened is that when your server updated, it overwrote

your serverconfig.xml, thus setting it back to defaults and creating a new map. If you have a backup of

your serverconfig, you can get back to where you were. If not, you can redo all your settings in there to

get back to where you were. It's best to rename the serverconfig so this doesn't happen when updating.

Or, make backups.

I had forgotten about that. It happened to me once, ages ago. I have been hosting nights recently with friends on this save so settings stuck. Excellent point!