Messing around with a T5 Clear A21 B324

theFlu

Simple clear of the Nazezgane corrections, arcade style, no looting. Raw footage, but mostly action, with some "finding my bearings" left in. Went in with complete knowledge of the place and traps, didn't bother cheesing most of them. 17 mins of a lazy bum rifling thru, with tiny bits of stealth sniping.

Recorded mostly for myself, but figured to upload in case QA wants to have another sample of how it plays, or if @meganoth wants to see how out-of-league the things I do are (they aren't).

https://odysee.com/@theFlu:d/NavzPrisonClear:a

14 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Nice run.  Any thoughts, impressions?

Thanks!

For the quality of the POI, in this arcade sense, it's pretty spot on. I have my gripes with the triggers etc, but those are about design decisions.

I kinda felt bad about the wood blocks at the first pulls when I realized the zeds are just coming from the roof this time; I've had a much worse spawn there, it might've been changed or I was just lucky. Decided not to cheese further at that point.

The last room feels like it should've killed me about three times when played like that. But it didn't. Some of that might fall upon 3m parkour confusing the zeds, I wasn't jumping for that effect, but whenever I jump, something goes in Destroy Area -mode. For the rest, the zeds seemed to have somewhat of a hard time figuring out the pathing - ye, some are trapped in cells intentionally, but the ones trapped by the staircase should've been more of an issue.

For the run, well, I should've brought contact grenades, would've worked fine in all the places I used any and would've been nice in couple of places. But it worked out running like a headless chicken :)

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

Thanks!

For the quality of the POI, in this arcade sense, it's pretty spot on. I have my gripes with the triggers etc, but those are about design decisions.

I kinda felt bad about the wood blocks at the first pulls when I realized the zeds are just coming from the roof this time; I've had a much worse spawn there, it might've been changed or I was just lucky. Decided not to cheese further at that point.

The last room feels like it should've killed me about three times when played like that. But it didn't. Some of that might fall upon 3m parkour confusing the zeds, I wasn't jumping for that effect, but whenever I jump, something goes in Destroy Area -mode. For the rest, the zeds seemed to have somewhat of a hard time figuring out the pathing - ye, some are trapped in cells intentionally, but the ones trapped by the staircase should've been more of an issue.

For the run, well, I should've brought contact grenades, would've worked fine in all the places I used any and would've been nice in couple of places. But it worked out running like a headless chicken :)

Kudos for committing to the final fight and coming out on top.  💪

8 hours ago, theFlu said:

Simple clear of the Nazezgane corrections, arcade style, no looting. Raw footage, but mostly action, with some "finding my bearings" left in. Went in with complete knowledge of the place and traps, didn't bother cheesing most of them. 17 mins of a lazy bum rifling thru, with tiny bits of stealth sniping.

Recorded mostly for myself, but figured to upload in case QA wants to have another sample of how it plays, or if @meganoth wants to see how out-of-league the things I do are (they aren't).

https://odysee.com/@theFlu:d/NavzPrisonClear:a

Hope I remember to watch the video once I have played the POI myself, but just now I don't want to watch spoilers.

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

Hope I remember to watch the video once I have played the POI myself, but just now I don't want to watch spoilers.

Good call, it's a fun experience going in blind (without my personal issues :) ).

On 7/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, theFlu said:

The last room feels like it should've killed me about three times when played like that.

Try the POI as a T6 quest and your wish might come true.

I tried it three times on Warrior as a T6 quest. The last time I was able to complete the quest, but it required contact grenades and exploding crossbow bolts. I also had to use the key box in the upstairs office to get some breathing room.

41 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Try the POI as a T6 quest and your wish might come true.

I've done it as an infestation, for the previous trader. I dunno; the place was a lot more full, but I don't think the end room was much worse. It's been a while and I did build myself a ladder, and fought at that jail door I took a few swings of the pick at in the vid (11:39). I wasn't even planning to open it this time, just pointed at the sane way to do the fight there ... "you could just bust this open and be fine" :)

But yeh, they kinda missed an opportunity there, the last fight should've been in a shower room for maximum immersion ... :)

34 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I've done it as an infestation, for the previous trader. I dunno; the place was a lot more full, but I don't think the end room was much worse.

May also be due to my gamestage. The most recent attempt was after day 100 with a gamestage over 250.

For me, the T6 quest was a lake of radioactive and feral zombies. I had two M60s on my belt. Both with drum magazines that hold 120 rounds each. I emptied both M60's and it barely made a dent on the zombie horde.

Also, I used my Auto Shotgun more often in my last attempt. The stun effect and high dismemberment chance of the shotgun seems to be much more effective than simply doing spray and pray with the M60.

35 minutes ago, theFlu said:

It's been a while and I did build myself a ladder, and fought at that jail door I took a few swings of the pick at in the vid (11:39). I wasn't even planning to open it this time, just pointed at the sane way to do the fight there ... "you could just bust this open and be fine" :)

I always try to work with what the level designers have given me, if possible. The other prison, for example, is well designed in that respect. The level designer gives you lots of doors that you can use as fighting positions. Especially the prison door in cell block A is very handy.

It's certainly not the smartest way to play, but I want to be fair to the level designers.

7 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

It's certainly not the smartest way to play, but I want to be fair to the level designers.

I used to, as well, but I stopped caring when they stopped caring about clearing corners / physics .. :D

4 hours ago, theFlu said:

I've done it as an infestation, for the previous trader. I dunno; the place was a lot more full, but I don't think the end room was much worse. It's been a while and I did build myself a ladder, and fought at that jail door I took a few swings of the pick at in the vid (11:39). I wasn't even planning to open it this time, just pointed at the sane way to do the fight there ... "you could just bust this open and be fine" :)

But yeh, they kinda missed an opportunity there, the last fight should've been in a shower room for maximum immersion ... :)

I've seen alot of player strategies so far and they are all fine.  Glock9 recently featured the prison and he used a junk turret and contact grenades to help tip the odds in his favor as he kites zombies around.

18 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I've seen alot of player strategies so far and they are all fine.  Glock9 recently featured the prison and he used a junk turret and contact grenades to help tip the odds in his favor as he kites zombies around.

Ye, I saw Glock9's vid just after doing this, didn't seem too bad - except for the scarce ammo he started with. He misread the stair dynamic a bit from the get go, and the turret wasn't all that useful, but he survived it and managed to entertain the crowds, what more can you want from a 'tuber .. :)

In lieu of actual dragon mobs to fight, that's pretty good for a final fight; with the great numbers comes great reliance on any and all AI changes, not impossible to balance, but potentially quite delicate.