can we please fix this font color?

Hurk

Speaking of, would be nice if some spot near the que would have the total time for everything cooking. Would make it so much easier on my OCDish head to be able to add the perfect amount of fuel. At least until they add it so the fires go out when stuff is finished cooking in campfires and forges.

Edit: yes I know of the mod that does it...I use it now. I think some would appreciate it if it was already part of the game.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Would make it so much easier on my OCDish head to be able to add the perfect amount of fuel.

The mod is a good solution, and I wouldn't mind improvements in game.. but here's how I fixed that. I started using wood blocks or logs. 8 minutes a pop, most crafts will only take a couple. The time I save from the counting is time I can swing at a tree and I'll have net wood in the end... one just needs to choose what to OCD about, click count works fine :)

Font color is fine - it just needs a black outline. Actually all text layered over a high-contrast background should just have a contrast-color outline to make it accessible for people with lesser vision (not that that matters at all as long as rainy weather literally blinds you indoors...).

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

The mod is a good solution, and I wouldn't mind improvements in game.. but here's how I fixed that. I started using wood blocks or logs. 8 minutes a pop, most crafts will only take a couple. The time I save from the counting is time I can swing at a tree and I'll have net wood in the end... one just needs to choose what to OCD about, click count works fine :)

Same here. I use wood log for 8 min and if needed a drop a few isolated woods if needed.

10 hours ago, Hurk said:

spacer.png

can the time remaining numbers get a black background or something please? 

Black outline seems like a good idea. 

On 7/14/2023 at 5:03 AM, Vaeliorin said:

I still wish we could split stacks into specific numbers.  But I've ended up downloading the stop fuel waste mod, and just throw a few thousand wood in each thing that requires fuel.

Not sure if it was in game or (more likely) was a mod but one time we could from my memory.

You could do similar like you can when queuing up items to smelt or cook.

You could right click and the little box would come up and you either hit the arrows or typed in the number of the amount you wanted to split.

That is what I recall anyway...or it was just a pleasant dream I once had. :)

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

Not sure if it was in game or (more likely) was a mod but one time we could from my memory.

You could do similar like you can when queuing up items to smelt or cook.

You could right click and the little box would come up and you either hit the arrows or typed in the number of the amount you wanted to split.

If it existed, it was either a mod or prior to A16.4 (when I started playing.)  It's been one of my biggesst complaints about the game since I started playing.

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

The number selection used to be a thing.. back when the UI wasn't controller-compatible. Wood logs and sticks were a thing, etc. Not ancient times, not even necessarily better times, but good times.. :)