Are "Trigger Group-Semi/Burst" Mods broken?

Soulbreeze

I've used both of these mods on weapons, and both continue to fire slowly in automatic if the fire key is held down. Semi doesn't seem to do anything besides reduce fire rate and Burst does a 3-shot burst, then give you the same slow automatic fire rate that Semi does. Both of these weapon mods used to be used as 'tap-fire' mods. If you held them down, they did nothing after their descriptive fire feature (ie: 3 shots, nothing else until you reclicked. Or semi would fire 1 shot, then nothing. You had to click again for either to function).

Has anyone else experienced this? I am playing on a MP server, but nothing related to these mods has been modified.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Soulbreeze (see edit history)

I always assumed that the semi was there if a player wanted more control aka single shots with an automatic weapon. Not useful for oh sh** weapons but maybe for one where you try to clear POIs with less ammo waste.

The burst and automatic are upgrades for non-automatic IF you want a higher fire rate, i.e. pistol comes to mind.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I always assumed that the semi was there if a player wanted more control aka single shots with an automatic weapon. Not useful for oh sh** weapons but maybe for one where you try to clear POIs with less ammo waste.

The burst and automatic are upgrades for non-automatic IF you want a higher fire rate, i.e. pistol comes to mind.

I get the idea behind them, but Burst and Full-Auto just don't work very well with some weapons, like the Desert Vulture. The only one I ever consider using is the Semi, and even then I never use it.

I haven't tested them out in A21 and almost never used any trigger mods in A20.  The only weapon I'd even care about is the SMG but I have no issues just tap firing that for most situations and holding the fire button if needed.  I might shoot twice instead of once from a tap about half the time but that doesn't really bother me so a trigger mod isn't really any use to me.  I wouldn't ever use full auto on a weapon that isn't already auto as it usually has too low of ammo capacity and besides, I need single shots far more often than automatic fire.

I have used the burst one on the 9mm, the smg, and the assault rifles for the burst fire; and the auto one on the auto shotgun to increase its fire rate (not much lately though as I prefer the pump even when I can get the auto).

I don’t use them to increase damage, as I modded out the flat damage increase for all mods as I didn’t like it

You owe me a box of 9mil ... I just put a burst mod into an SMG. Acts like a normal Full Auto, sounds a little chuggers at start, but not really sure if the fire rate has a burst or not. (full b324 playthrough).

Burst mod in a sniper started spelling out SOS.. three rapid fire shots, after that a slower full auto.

In my actual game though, so not spending too much time testing it .. :)

51 minutes ago, theFlu said:

You owe me a box of 9mil ... I just put a burst mod into an SMG. Acts like a normal Full Auto, sounds a little chuggers at start, but not really sure if the fire rate has a burst or not. (full b324 playthrough).

Burst mod in a sniper started spelling out SOS.. three rapid fire shots, after that a slower full auto.

In my actual game though, so not spending too much time testing it .. :)

Burst Mod shouldn't act like a full-auto. It's a three-round burst, like the default fire of the Tactical Assault Rifle.

I'm fairly certain something has changed with A21 so all weapons fire continuously if you hold the mouse button down. It's REALLY noticable with the double barrel shotgun as it has a crazy rounds per minute stat. It always did, but being a semi auto weapon in A20 and earlier it would only fire one barrel no matter how long you held the button down. In A21 I'm finding unless you click the mouse lightning fast you'll fire both barrels in quick succession.

That fits in with the trigger mods not working quite right, as you get one single shot/burst but then get continuous single shots afterwards if you hold the button down.

I shall go check the bug list.

And....the shotgun is a known issue plus there's a general note that:

Most weapons have some sort of issue related to reload/firing/swapping/canceling timings in the animations, leading to things like the gun not moving during reloading, ammo/hand desyncs, etc. This will all be solved in the soon future, no reports needed on that.

Which I guess probably covers the issues with trigger mods.

Edited by Uncle Al (see edit history)