Higashi Tower Base

Damian

It took 2 entire days but I managed to do it with Dishong tower. Totally epic all-purpose base. I lit 4 forges, 2 chemistry stations and one campfire for the Blood Moon with 64 zombies to see if they would bring the building down but they didn't. I think it must be high enough that their feral sense can't detect the heat or my presence.

1 hour ago, Damian said:

It took 2 entire days but I managed to do it with Dishong tower. Totally epic all-purpose base. I lit 4 forges, 2 chemistry stations and one campfire for the Blood Moon with 64 zombies to see if they would bring the building down but they didn't. I think it must be high enough that their feral sense can't detect the heat or my presence.

Well scratch that idea.

They brought the whole building down. I lost EVERYTHING.

3 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

So am I the only one who finds empty plots of land away from things and builds a base designed to deal with zombies these days?

I would say you are definitely in the minority.  I quit building my own bases long ago and just convert a poi.

4 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

So am I the only one who finds empty plots of land away from things and builds a base designed to deal with zombies these days?

Nah, plenty of people do it. Nowadays I do it once every Alpha, or so.

Just fought the week 3 horde, defending a bedroom in a wasteland Tier 5 quest that took a few hours longer than I expected. I didn't break the pathing entirely, so I could actually kill a couple hundred, but the prep work for that took me a whole 2 game hours.. break a staircase, block one entrance with wood frames (had no proper mats on me).. repair the wood frames a few times over the night, shoot a LOT of zeds, glowies included.

Was fun, but a base would be overkill :)

I much prefer building my own bases, but with the total dearth of ready-to-use cobblestone in a21, I've been using existing POIs to call home, then just building a separate horde base.  I'm lazy, too, so there's that.  I'll be starting over when the next experimental drops, though, and, so far, have used three different POIs for every new experimental drop, each of them one of the new POIs, and have really enjoyed the experience. 

15 hours ago, Khissi said:

I much prefer building my own bases, but with the total dearth of ready-to-use cobblestone in a21, I've been using existing POIs to call home, then just building a separate horde base.  I'm lazy, too, so there's that.  I'll be starting over when the next experimental drops, though, and, so far, have used three different POIs for every new experimental drop, each of them one of the new POIs, and have really enjoyed the experience. 

I found a TON of cobblestone in the Shamway factory.

On 7/6/2023 at 3:06 PM, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I always build my own base.  I just don't see anything fun about using a prebuilt base.  If I wanted that, I could look at other games.  This one let's me have fun building bases and trying different things in those bases and I enjoy that.

20 hours ago, Khissi said:

I'll be starting over when the next experimental drops, though

We aren't in experimental anymore even if it feels like it since they rushed stable for the Steam sale.. 😁

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

We aren't in experimental anymore even if it feels like it since they rushed stable for the Steam sale.. 😁

Says someone who should know better....  Stable only means that it's stable for THIS BUILD, not necessarily for the entire alpha.  Stable build to stable build is for those who don't want to lose their progress while the alpha is going on.  The developers will attempt to make sure that a stable build will work well with the next stable build WITHIN an alpha.  So, for those folks, who aren't into bug hunting or like long, long play-throughs, they wait for stable, and stay in STABLE.  I, however, love bug hunting and don't mind starting over as many times as necessary to help find problems so they CAN have a stable build.  Understand?