Please Delete

ZombieMikeG

• ZombieMikeG changed the title to Please Delete
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't mod clothing or vehicles in my A21 world. I have several mods running so I am sure 1 of them may be the culprit but only 1 that deals with mod slots and removing that one didn't fix it. OP mentioned something about cleaning up old files but I don't know. I did that between A20 and A21 but not from experimental to stable. Maybe that's the cause? Either way OP said they fixed it so I was looking for the fix.

After remove a mod, it will likely break your save. Also, after removing a mod you must run the Verify Integrity of Game Files in Steam and run it at least twice. Some mods change files and removing the mod doesn’t revert the files that were changed.

It may be a broken save due to a mod issue between versions.  I'd recommend starting a new game and seeing if the mod slots work.  If so, then you can be pretty sure it's just the save that is bad.  If not, then you know it's either a bug in the game or a problem with one or more of your mods.  In which case, removing all mods to see if it works would verify if it is one of your mods.  And if it is, you'd then have to go one by one until you find the culprit.

Hint:  The fastest way to test things like this is usually to have half your mods installed and see if it works.  If it does, you know it's in the other half, thereby quickly removing half the possibilities.  If not, then you know it's in this half, again removing half the possibilities.  You then take the half that isn't working and split it in half again and keep repeating.  This can cut the number of tests you need to do down considerably if you have a lot of mods.  It is possible, if you are very lucky, to find the specific mod more quickly if you happen upon it in one of the first mods you test if going one-by-one but that luck is probably not going to happen. ;)  This method works very well with any similar things where you're trying to find a problem among a lot of different things, not just with mods or this game.

Ok, bracket troubleshooting worked and I found it was a mod called Feel-Better Stacks that multiplies stack by 100 for all items. Don't know what that would have to do with mod slots on clothing and vehicles, but there it is. All other mods back on and the t-shirt I crafted allowed mods. Thanks again everyone!