Rubberbanding Zombies in A21

Aerial

A21 has actually made this a little worse for me.  I was hoping the advertised performance improvements in A21 would address the issue, but it hasn't, at least for me.

My husband and I play together on a game hosted on his PC.  The zombies often bounce around, especially after being knocked down.  It's classic rubberbanding and I'm just wondering if there are any tricks people know to help improve this.  I don't know if the issue is with the game itself, or how the game interacts with the host computer's busses/hardware/software.  Or the receiving computer's, for that matter.  Our computers are middle of the road in terms of age and performance (intel i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1T Samsung 860 EVO SSD harddrive)

Has anyone investigated this and have advice for things we can try?

Thanks,

Aerial

I don't know that this is necessarily a bug report.  If most other players aren't seeing the issue then it's not a problem with the game.  So I was really just trying to put a feeler out to see if this was a common experience and try to understand whether I should be pursuing it as a bug or a problem on our end.

12 hours ago, Aerial said:

The zombies often bounce around, especially after being knocked down.  It's classic rubberbanding

Generally this is a network problem, but as you're in the same house and presumably on the same local network, it's kinda weird.

Here's some common things that cause network issues that you could check:

1: AntiVirus: Add folder exceptions for the game folder and the save folder
    in your antivirus software. (on both machines)

2: Using Wifi. (WiFi is half-duplex, encrypted, and subject to interference) Use Ethernet instead.

3: oem gaming or lighting software like Gamefirst from Asus, Dell, HP, Corsair, etc. Uninstall all this junkware.

4: VPN or proxy: Use split tunneling to add an exception for the game.
    Or turn off the vpn.

There is also possibly some filtering/security app on your router that may be causing network interference.

Edited by Beelzybub
bad spelling (see edit history)

Thank you  for the suggestions.  I will pass them on to my in-house IT support 😄  The computers are on ethernet, and I'm fairly certain neither of us has OEM gaming software since the computers were built piecemeal and we both try to look for and delete bloatware.  I don't know the answer to the others.

I did look at FPS per meganoth's suggestion.  My husband's computer maintains  ~60fps while mine only maintains ~32fps.  However, it turns out my game runs at ~32fps in a solo game as well.  The machines are nearly identical, so the difference is a bit puzzling.

We had some extra RAM, so my husband installed it in my machine, bringing the total to 48GB, I believe.  We've only played a couple of hours since, but it seems to have made an improvement.  However my FPS remains at ~32. 

Seeing your log could help us figure out the FPS issue. It could also be something as simple as forgetting to set XMP timing on the RAM in BIOS. 

As for the OEM software, manufacturers like Asus like to literally bake it into the motherboard. Install Windows, and Asus Armory Crate gets installed automatically by the motherboard.