Still no give player XP command?

vedrit

With the B317 update resetting player levels, it highlights to me that there is still no way for admins to give other players experience/levels. Yes, I know that you could "mod" in an item that gives skill points, but that's really not a good option, in my opinion, and neither is giving everyone admin access or free reign over the ability to give themselves experience. 

Is there a reason why there's no command to give other players experience? 

4 minutes ago, meganoth said:

If I remember correctly there is a command, givexp. Added in one of the later A20 versions

I'll check when I get back, but I can't find any documentation mentioning it. I found a couple old posts that made it seem like it was specifically for giving skill xp

40 minutes ago, vedrit said:

I'll check when I get back, but I can't find any documentation mentioning it. I found a couple old posts that made it seem like it was specifically for giving skill xp

Givexp for others, giveselfxp for yourself.  Both work and both are XP.

1 hour ago, vedrit said:

With the B317 update resetting player levels, it highlights to me that there is still no way for admins to give other players experience/levels. Yes, I know that you could "mod" in an item that gives skill points, but that's really not a good option, in my opinion, and neither is giving everyone admin access or free reign over the ability to give themselves experience. 

Is there a reason why there's no command to give other players experience? 

format goes as follows

givexp steamname 1234567890

command (steamname/id as shows in the LP command) (specify how many points to give)

example: to get me to around level 45 from start

givexp cchjoe 1642598

givexp 171 1642598

Warning... player has to be online and in your game for this to work.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

3 hours ago, NBornkilla said:

can always do a cm and spawn some of the magazine 

Yeah, I did.  And thankfully I remembered where I was in the magazines.  But couldn't remember the books/schematics so didn't bother.  It was a pain getting everything back to what it was but I did.  It wouldn't have been bad if I knew exactly what I had before.  Thankfully the log at least gave me what level I was.

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, I did.  And thankfully I remembered where I was in the magazines.  But couldn't remember the books/schematics so didn't bother.  It was a pain getting everything back to what it was but I did.  It wouldn't have been bad if I knew exactly what I had before.  Thankfully the log at least gave me what level I was.

the painfull waiy of playing experimental lol  but at least you are back on track.

7 hours ago, Riamus said:

You were warned that experimental ist not for the squeamish. 💪 😎💪

😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)