Owner is a user but owner platform is unset

slicksister

yeah, I really wouldn't consider this a bug.

I was just curious what was causing it.

Maybe I've got something misconfigured?

Though nothing about my setup has changed since I last played A20 back in December.

And these warnings didn't happen then.

guess I'll still wait for someone to recognize what this is and explain what's going on....

ah.... "Epic Online Services (EOS) are free, cross-platform services for multiplayer games. EOS is quick to install into your game..."

thanks!

so it's something The Fun Pimps are using as anti-piracy authentication and all those steam achievement thangies.  got it.

Love their "quick to install", but they appear to have left out "painstaking to debug and get right".  🤡

If Epic or Steam had an ounce of entrepreneurial cleverness, they'd parlay this authentication biz into a general authurization/verification service that supported e-wallets and on-line payment systems.  They've already got a captured client base of gamers, they could have the entire world.  They're just not thinking big enough.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for Elon to get X up and running, assuming his anti-compete clause has run out after he sold paypal....

Edited by slicksister (see edit history)

Thanks for the clarification.

Ah... so platform in my case would be "PC"?

Seems like that should be hard-coded in the executable given the current status of console play.

But that's just me, being sensible.  ;)

Get a  horse  PC!

I suppose there is some precedent that we'll all be eventually sharing the road with consoles....

But will consoles be able to run any of the major overhaul mods like Ravenhearst, Undead Legacy, or Darkness Falls?

Or will cross-platform play be limited to vanilla?