You never sleep...

Now I know the technical reason being that TFP had issues with the programming for sleep, so okay, that's fine, but I still think that when the story and everything is fully implemented, there should be a bad ending where the character wakes up in a padded cell, and doctors are looking at him saying he's going crazy from never sleeping.

Although that would be interesting from a story point of view, many players enjoy playing the game for MANY days and a story will likely not last longer than 50-100 days and having the game end suddenly when you wake up wouldn't be a good thing, imo.  It isn't like other games where there is a real end to it.  The story's ending should be something that doesn't prevent you from continuing playing that game even though you've completed the story.  And unless you want to fall back asleep as part of the story, it would almost have to end your current game.

I do like this idea and it has been suggested before but I don't think it would work well for a game that should allow you to keep playing after completing the story.  A story that ends where you make peace with or destroy a faction would still allow you to continue against the zombies, for example.  Not quite and intriguing but it works with the type of game that doesn't just stop at a given point.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, Telric said:

And a super secret ending where the player explodes, Sonic style, showering everything with turds from never pooping!

In Scum you will literally stop mid firefight to take a dump if you haven't for too long  The realism is both incredible and overly cumbersome at the same time lol

Back when smell was in, the developers briefly considered having bathing be represented where you would periodically have to get wet and "use" soap in order to get rid of a smelly debuff that would attract zombies.  

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Back when smell was in, the developers briefly considered having bathing be represented where you would periodically have to get wet and "use" soap in order to get rid of a smelly debuff that would attract zombies.  

I'm glad that didn't make it in. 😁

Imagine if they employed those weird twisted cutscenes randomly in that window of time between a player dying and reviving.  Not saying they should do it, but it would be an interesting discussion topic over some adult beverages.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, DanLW said:

Imagine if they employed those weird twisted cutscenes randomly in that window of time between a player dying and reviving.  Not saying they should do it, but it would be an interesting discussion topic over some adult beverages.

It's ok honey, we'll get you some medicine, and you'll be back on your feet in no time...

Wait, what??...NomNOMnom......

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀