20.7 POI bug

Old Crow

Since 20.7 dropped and our server and clients were updated to it, there's a house POI next to our base that is now semi-invisible, and causes the console to pop up with errors whenever we approach it. This seems to be the only POI that does this.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett
IMG_20230423_003702034_HDR.jpg

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_3d6f3691-d62e-4

If you can get the name of the POI it would let others see how it works in their games.  The admin can get this by typing dm in the console and then pressing F3 after closing the console.  Among all the info shown will be the name of the POI.  I know I've driven all over the place in my 20.6 game after updating to 20.7 and never had any errors.  But it's possible I just haven't seen that particular POI.

54 minutes ago, Riamus said:

If you can get the name of the POI it would let others see how it works in their games.  The admin can get this by typing dm in the console and then pressing F3 after closing the console.  Among all the info shown will be the name of the POI.  I know I've driven all over the place in my 20.6 game after updating to 20.7 and never had any errors.  But it's possible I just haven't seen that particular POI.

Looks like it's farm_03. I know everyone else on the server I play on is having the same issue with the same POI - the screenshots I posted were from two other players on the same server. I get the same errors.

Just now, Old Crow said:

Looks like it's farm_03. I know everyone else on the server I play on is having the same issue with the same POI - the screenshots I posted were from two other players on the same server. I get the same errors.

Well, it would affect anyone playing that same save.  Whether it is a corruption in the save or a problem with that POI in 20.7 is something that would have to be looked into.  With the POI name, someone may be able to verify if it works fine for them or if they see the same problem.

12 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Well, it would affect anyone playing that same save.  Whether it is a corruption in the save or a problem with that POI in 20.7 is something that would have to be looked into.  With the POI name, someone may be able to verify if it works fine for them or if they see the same problem.

Hopefully someone will look into it.

Are you running any mods?

Edit:  The reason I asked is because I saw this happened in a world of mine after I uploaded a new mod into the game that I was playing.  The mod had nothing to do with POIs, but it did turn one of the POIs into something similar in your picture.

Not saying that this is your issue, but it was something that struck out at me this morning when I read the post and saw your pictures.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Are you running any mods?

Edit:  The reason I asked is because I saw this happened in a world of mine after I uploaded a new mod into the game that I was playing.  The mod had nothing to do with POIs, but it did turn one of the POIs into something similar in your picture.

Not saying that this is your issue, but it was something that struck out at me this morning when I read the post and saw your pictures.

The only mod on the server is the Eden Center Mall. No other mods are being run by the server or by players.

6 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I've also seen it happen when the server/host doesn't have enough system resources available when it is drawing in the POI. There are three or four POI's that this seems to affect more than others.

That shouldn't be an issue - the POI was perfectly fine prior to 20.7, which leads me to believe it's an issue being caused by 20.7.

Depending where it is located, you could consider deleting the region file and see if that helps or trying a chunk reset, though everyone seems to consider using a chunk reset to be risky.  I personally haven't run into any issues using it but that is just me own experience. Don't delete the region if any bases or storage are in the region or they will be lost.

Or even going into the world editor and removing it and placing it back or using a different POI there.

Have you looked to see where else that POI is on the map and see if the same thing is occurring there?

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Depending where it is located, you could consider deleting the region file and see if that helps or trying a chunk reset, though everyone seems to consider using a chunk reset to be risky.  I personally haven't run into any issues using it but that is just me own experience. Don't delete the region if any bases or storage are in the region or they will be lost.

Or even going into the world editor and removing it and placing it back or using a different POI there.

Have you looked to see where else that POI is on the map and see if the same thing is occurring there?

Yeah it's right next to our base. I'm an admin on that server, so I'll teleport to other locations of that POI and see what's up.

EDIT: After teleporting around to a couple of other instances of farm_03, it looks like it's JUST the one next to our base. If I can get a quest for that specific POI, I'll try resetting it that way, as resetting it from the admin consoles didn't do anything.

I'm now thinking after 20.7, it's not liking something related to our base, due to the close proximity.

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

If I can get a quest for that specific POI

You can give yourself the quest for that poi. I'm not sure what is offhand but if you type 'help quest' in the console the commands will come up.

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

something related to our base, due to the close proximity.

If you have a land claim that overlaps that poi, you won't be able to reset it. You could temporarily remove your claim if that's the case.

7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I'm now thinking after 20.7, it's not liking something related to our base, due to the close proximity.

Keep in mind that you can get corruption from a number of different sources and it is possible that it is coincidence the corruption and the update happened at the same time.  Perhaps the game didn't properly close prior to the update and that caused the corruption in the region where your base is because that's where the players were.  It may not really be a 20.7 issue, especially considering from what they said, that update only changes how the header of the save is read.  So there's really no reason it should affect your save.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Beelzybub said:

You can give yourself the quest for that poi. I'm not sure what is offhand but if you type 'help quest' in the console the commands will come up.

If you have a land claim that overlaps that poi, you won't be able to reset it. You could temporarily remove your claim if that's the case.

We tried a quest for that POI.. unfortunately it didn't work. My land claim for our base is far enough not to overlap the POI, so I know it's not that.

Luckily, A21 isn't too far off so we'll just deal until then.