Game Crashing On My Gaming Desktop

Judy Watson

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with the game "7 Days to Die" on my gaming desktop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/d/gaming-desktops]. The game keeps crashing after a few minutes of gameplay, and I am unable to identify the root cause of the issue.

I have tried various solutions, such as updating my graphics drivers, verifying the game files, and lowering the graphics settings, but the problem persists. I have also checked my system's hardware and found that it meets the game's minimum requirements.

The error message I receive states, "7 Days to Die has stopped working," and it prompts me to close the game. I have also checked the event viewer, which displays the following error message, "Application Error: The instruction at <memory address> referenced memory at <memory address>. The memory could not be read."

I would appreciate any advice or assistance on this matter. Has anyone else encountered this issue while playing 7 Days to Die? Are there any solutions or workarounds available?

Thank you in advance for your help.

That link you posted goes to a webpage with lots of different laptops, it does not tell us which one you have.

First you should try to make sure your game files are correct. If you got the game from steam, use steam to verify integrity of game files.

If you have previously played different alphas of the game then also start the game launcher and clear everything (this will also clear any old saves you have)

If this doesn't help read the pinned thread in this forum section that tells you to read it. It explains how you can post a logfile from a game session so we can read it.

Beyond verifying game files, if it's still giving you issues, I would uninstall, dump all data related to the game and perform a clean install from steam (assuming that's where you bought it from).

Another thing to consider, are you running any mods? If so, you could try removing them one by one until the culprit is found.

That memory error is also common when you have custom-set the pagefile. Unity expects to be able to allocate up to 8GB of memory to the pagefile if needed. Even though it may not use it, Unity will still check for its existence. I see it a lot when people believe the SSD Myths and disable their pagefile, or when they are following Windows XP optimization standards and are custom increasing their pagefile and moving it off the primary disk.