(A20) Wild West Mod - 7 Days in the Wild West

arramus

Here are some of the highlights of recent updates.

1. The balloons have been given dirigible features thanks to Oakraven. This provides a context to their propulsion.

zzaPR4J.jpg

2. A new 'Chuckwagon Dinner Bell Challenge' was added to the gun belt on player load out (found in creative menu for existing Worlds/Saves) and an accompanying small Quest. Placing the Bell with Catfish smeared around it will attract Scouts and in turn her friends.

TtOvPEl.jpg

3. Multiple small patches here and there for clearer wording, POI fixes, and icon updates.

7 hours ago, Shemasheko said:

I had a problem with a clear-quest in the prefab "wildwest_apper_01_arramus". The last zombie does not exist. You should check that out please.

The last zombie is a rabbit in the Trapper POI in the middle in the back garden. This side gate is open for accessibility. I shall remove it from this POI in case it causes further misunderstanding because it is does not show up as a target even though it is part of the clear count.

Please also report this to Stallionsden as his Ranch POI also has such rabbits in the front farm yard area.

5bAZUOq.jpg

Rw8qaax.jpg

Hi there,

I just had a random horde spawn inside my base where I have already a claim block. There is a big wall exactly at the edge of the claim active area, so they shouldn't have been able to come from outside.  Unfortunately I haven't manage to get a screenshot - I was too busy making sure I don't get killed and my stuff wrecked.

I never had this happening in vanilla (which doesn't mean much). Therefore I'm not sure if this is necessarily related to your mod or not.

Btw, I love your mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it with us.

29 minutes ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

Hi there,

I just had a random horde spawn inside my base where I have already a claim block. There is a big wall exactly at the edge of the claim active area, so they shouldn't have been able to come from outside.  Unfortunately I haven't manage to get a screenshot - I was too busy making sure I don't get killed and my stuff wrecked.

I never had this happening in vanilla (which doesn't mean much). Therefore I'm not sure if this is necessarily related to your mod or not.

Btw, I love your mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it with us.

That is very unfortunate and also the first I have ever heard of it. The Wild West Mod only uses the Vanilla Wandering Horde settings and doesn't have any Harmony C# type patching .dll Mod to support it like some other overhauls are using (very effectively as well). I believe this would have happened in Vanilla as well on very rare occasions. Just a reallllllly unlucky occurance this time. Entities appear to be hooked up to only spawn on certain types of terrain such as dirt and grass and placing other types of blocks can stop it happening. There is a true/false setting which controls this. The Wild West Wandering Hordes are certainly a little bigger than normal and it is possible there was some spawn spill over.

Apart from that, thanks for letting us know you're having a good time with it. Fun through variety and balance have been the priorities here so far.
The Tallman Brad Gaming Discord is always there to meet up with other players and find servers depending on your game style.

Thanks for the info! I am using topsoil inside the claim area, to make it look more authentic. Maybe that's the reason.

I'm going to replace it with other type of blocks to avoid anything like this happening in the future.

I'll post some pictures with my base as soon as I get it ready. I just have to figure out how to upload images or finding a host for the images to link from.

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

Thanks for the info! I am using topsoil inside the claim area, to make it look more authentic. Maybe that's the reason.

I'm going to replace it with other type of blocks to avoid anything like this happening in the future.

I'll post some pictures with my base as soon as I get it ready. I just have to figure out how to upload images or finding a host for the images to link from.

Cheers!

Ah yes. I went past my total allowance for forum uploads and was given a very generous allowance for a long time. I started to use imgur as it allows forum linking and provides the code tags for it to make it easier.

https://imgur.com/user/arramus7d2d

Hi - I followed the instructions included in the mod folder on how to generate a random world for this mod and couldn't get it to work.  I got the following red error message and the screen was stuck at "Writing Map Data Complete" -

2023-03-23T06:51:49 336.004 INF Writing data files time passed: 35.0646134 seconds
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: ArgumentOutOfRange_MustBePositive
Parameter name: maxValue
  at GameRandom.Next (System.Int32 maxValue) [0x00004] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at GameRandom.RandomRange (System.Int32 _min, System.Int32 _maxExclusive) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.Rand.NextInt (System.Int32 min, System.Int32 max, System.Boolean log) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.Rand.Range (System.Int32 min, System.Int32 max, System.Boolean log) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder+<generateTowns>d__76.MoveNext () [0x002cf] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <544fca0986d54eca88fc7c56e2a8b4b4>:0

I have no idea what all of that means, so I was hoping you might be able to figure it out...?  Thanks!

7 hours ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

Cheers!

Here is the front side of my base. I'm south of the central city in the prebuilt map.

There's only the wall and the tower at the time, but I finished making the wall, the ramparts, and everything about it, including painting.

TJyrDMC.jpg

That would make a really nice Trader POI or Quest POI. It looks secure and like its own compound settlement. If you want to export it (or share the saves for this world) and send it over, I can show it off to the devs as a candidate for adding to the collection. That's some decent hours gone into that for sure.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

That would make a really nice Trader POI or Quest POI. It looks secure and like its own compound settlement. If you want to export it (or share the saves for this world) and send it over, I can show it off to the devs as a candidate for adding to the collection. That's some decent hours gone into that for sure.

I need to finish it first. The courtyard is empty at the moment. I am glad though you like it.

I just wish there was a 5x3 or 5x4 double door or gate (like the 3x2 one) to complement the drawbridge.

3 minutes ago, MarissaX said:

8K has been very successful in testing. In fact, the dev team are currently working on an RWG with a slight customisation for Biomes and POIs. None have received the following warning yet.

Saying that, this type of error has been seen before, and showed up occasionally with the Not Medieval Mod. The best suggestion is to change the Seed to something else and try again.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:01 PM, MarissaX said:

Hi - I followed the instructions included in the mod folder on how to generate a random world for this mod and couldn't get it to work.  I got the following red error message and the screen was stuck at "Writing Map Data Complete" -

2023-03-23T06:51:49 336.004 INF Writing data files time passed: 35.0646134 seconds
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: ArgumentOutOfRange_MustBePositive
Parameter name: maxValue
  at GameRandom.Next (System.Int32 maxValue) [0x00004] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at GameRandom.RandomRange (System.Int32 _min, System.Int32 _maxExclusive) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.Rand.NextInt (System.Int32 min, System.Int32 max, System.Boolean log) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.Rand.Range (System.Int32 min, System.Int32 max, System.Boolean log) [0x00000] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at WorldGenerationEngineFinal.WorldBuilder+<generateTowns>d__76.MoveNext () [0x002cf] in <ffc99a688d2b435db53bb46aed82ca49>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <544fca0986d54eca88fc7c56e2a8b4b4>:0

I have no idea what all of that means, so I was hoping you might be able to figure it out...?  Thanks!

This warning ArgumentOutOfRange_MustBePositive often occurs when the RWG is trying to add certain features that it doesn't appear to be able to find. I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I am willing to assist in two ways:

1. Tell me the seed and specifications for the World you are trying to create.

2. Try this 8K RWG World (but customised to replace asphalt with gravel, hand place a few extra POIs that won't appear in regular RWG, and painted a little more of the biome to customise things). It has one spawn point on the East and next to a Travelling Trader on top of a hilly area. Looking down into the plain shows a first town.
https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/addons/wwm8k00

On 3/22/2023 at 6:22 PM, arramus said:

The last zombie is a rabbit in the Trapper POI in the middle in the back garden. This side gate is open for accessibility. I shall remove it from this POI in case it causes further misunderstanding because it is does not show up as a target even though it is part of the clear count.

I got a same issue with the fort.

Some lonely rabbit sitting behind some haybale there and was waiting for his dead.

9 minutes ago, Canute said:

I got a same issue with the fort.

Some lonely rabbit sitting behind some haybale there and was waiting for his dead.

The Fort and Stallionsden's Ranch have also had their rabbit(s) removed in the latest update. I don't think there are any other POIs with rabbits in them and this should resolve it from hereon... hopefully.

22 hours ago, arramus said:

This warning ArgumentOutOfRange_MustBePositive often occurs when the RWG is trying to add certain features that it doesn't appear to be able to find. I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I am willing to assist in two ways:

1. Tell me the seed and specifications for the World you are trying to create.

2. Try this 8K RWG World (but customised to replace asphalt with gravel, hand place a few extra POIs that won't appear in regular RWG, and painted a little more of the biome to customise things). It has one spawn point on the East and next to a Travelling Trader on top of a hilly area. Looking down into the plain shows a first town.
https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/addons/wwm8k00

I've been playing on the WWM8K00 map and it's great!  No need to do anything else, issue solved.  Thanks!

Edited by MarissaX (see edit history)

Hello,
did some tier 5 quests today. I have to say some of these "Medusa" prefabs are really just nasty and not fun at all, but I've tried the quest in the "wildwest_fort_01_arramus" prefab twice now and I can't finish it! Each time. It always gets stuck in one of those two places without a quest goal .

wildwest_fort_01.png

Bild1.pngwildwest_fort_02.png

Edited by Shemasheko (see edit history)

Feel free to share feedback directly to Medusa in the Tallman Brad Discord linked in the first post.

This thread is primarily just to share the mod in the forum.

There is a little guide in the mod which describes Medusa POIs as being more challenging than others. This was actually a request by a majority during initial development and they were reluctant to lower the challenge to provide a more T6 feel. This was potentially influenced by discussion in the CP Discord as it appears there may be more focus in that direction as well. They have been revised here and there over the past month and the current build has been met with the most approval across the spectrum. While those during initial development felt they became a little too light for their liking, they could understand comments on the other side and compromised. I'm not sure what build you are using as the mod is updated quite regularly, including POI balancing. All I can suggest on that is don't select Medusa's POIs as a quest. And if there is a lot of heat from a POI you don't know, it could well be a Medusa POI and best to not enter. I'm not going to mention this to the team because it has received a lot of discussion and rebalancing and this current build has been accepted on both sides.

As for the Fort, removing the rabbit may have introduced an issue. Checking all of the sleeper volumes in the Editor showed none are overlapping, all numbers and groups are appropriate, and all volumes are accessible. This POI was a specific request for the theme. The way it is laid out and the way the game handles spawning may not quite be as the Dev's intended as it is quite an open world type of POI with minimal scripted routing. I shall spend some time with the volumes and consider alternative more orthodox options to ensure it doesn't overwhelm the spawning. The number of spawns in that POI have been regulated to ensure there aren't too many at once as a players works their way through, but such is with open POIs.

Just as with rabbits in real life, you can't stop them all stealing your veg first time round.
This used the highlight block and purged them all this time around.

It should be reported as a potential bug to TFP, but since this is a custom feature it is typically frowned on to submit such posts and will be left as it is.

nB5qrra.jpg

7 hours ago, Shemasheko said:

"wildwest_fort_01_arramus" prefab twice now and I can't finish it!

Hast das gleiche problem wie ich gehabt.
Da ist ist ein hase hinter einem Strohballen, wenn du ins Fort reingehst links vor dem Stall.

You got the same problem like me before.

There is a rabbit behind some haybale, at the left side when you enter the fort.