Spawned inside mountain

Pooqualer

So the town I was living and doing stuff in for about 30 in game days all sudden loaded with what appears be the inside of a mountain at the end of the street.  But when you walk closer it will erase it at the same distance , keeping my player character in a "cleared out" square of mountain.   I can't see beyond it or through it, I can only see what is a short distance in front of me.

That's really odd. I wonder if the "mountain" is part of a POI and if the Dynamic Mesh game feature might have kicked in, somehow.

If it is a real mountain, if you were to exit the game and re-enter, the game would put you on top of all terrain. Does that help?

Hmm... sounds a little like distant terrain rendering issues, but in a way where your distant terrain is from a different map (the "other map" having a higher elevation at your area making the combination have you walk within a phantom mountain..). Have you done something naughty to your map files or any such things?

My guess is the dynamic mesh got messed up.  I would try turning it off and loading the game.  If that fixes the problem, try turning it back on and see if it was "reset" by disabling it (I don't know if that removes the data or not).

I have seen that happen when I built a tunnel through a mountain and driving through the tunnel would cause that effect. 😁

On 12/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, Pooqualer said:

what appears be the inside of a mountain at the end of the street.

Were you playing with advanced generation recently? There is a problem with that where you can generate
a world with same name as an existing world. 

This overwrites the existing map with the new one, which causes the exact effect you describe.