Immersive weapons

Trulius

Hello there pimps, 

after 1.500h of gameplay of 7 Days To Die, i've been bored with the same weapons that we've had for, too long now. 

I would absolutely LOVE to see some new weapons getting implemented in the game, i have some ideas that i sincerely hope that you will take into consideration. 

Glock 17c - 9mm 

Dan Wesson 2.5 revolver 6mm - .177

STI 1911 - .45 ACP

Katana - blade weapon

Sword - blade weapon

I've been waiting and hoping to see some new changes to the weapons and, more weapons in the game but, nothing has happened. So i hope that you will read this and seriously consider my wish, i'm sure others feel the same. 

Trulius.

Well, there are others who feel the same way, but as much as they would like to, the developers can't implement the weapons you want. At least not under their original names, since their use in a video game could create possible legal problems. That's why we have a Desert Vulture and not a Desert Eagle.

There are mods that implement new weapons. @IzPrebuilt has recently featured two of these mods.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, having a multitude of weapons in the game really isn't a great improvement.  Unless you have clearly better versions, like a magnum vs desert vulture in the game now, they just take up space. Players will pick whatever weapon does the most damage (combined with ammo capacity) given the ammo type.  If you have a few different kinds of 9mm guns and your chance of finding them is roughly equal and they have similar ammo capacity and damage, then what is the point other than just to have a different looking weapon?  If they have different stats, then you are adding in a new set of tiers for the weapon type and there is a limit of how far you can go with that.  Right now, they seem to try to limit tiers for a given weapon type... Stone, iron, steel for melee... pipe pistol, pistol, SMG for 9mm... etc.  There are a larger variety of rifles, but how many people use most of them?  If you use rifles, you tend to skip most and just use a couple specific ones (early game and mid/late game choices). 

If you add more weapons, people will still just gravitate to whatever offers the most damage combined with best ammo capacity for the ammo type they want to use and ignore the rest unless you are not allowed to get a specific type until a certain game stage (like desert vulture or SMG not normally being found until later).  And adding new ammo calibers just adds more inventory you have to deal with for no real value. 

Melee weapons are where you actually have a good reason to add more weapons because there is a variety of ways to make certain weapons unique and the looks of them can be very different.  With guns, they may look different, but usually not too significantly and they all do the same thing... shoot.  With melee, you can have effects like knock down, stun, stagger, bleed, etc. that are different depending on the weapon type. Sure, you can add these to guns, but why have two different 9mm guns do different effects?

This is just my opinion, but more guns aren't needed.  I would be fine with adding a few more melee weapons, though.  But they would need something unique compared to existing weapons to make them worth adding beyond just different looks.  I like swords and wouldn't mind then in the game, but in the end, a sword and a machete are going to be so close to the same thing that it doesn't really matter.  And a katana versus "sword" (not sure what type you are suggesting considering a katana is also a sword) doesn't really give any real difference other than looks.  Because weapons have quality levels, you can't just say that one sword weapon has slightly more damage than another and call it good.  That isn't enough to justify multiple types of what is, in the end, the same thing with a different look.  But adding in something more unique, like a throwing star or a staff that can offer different effects from other weapons can be nice to see added.  As far as guns, I can see adding a dart gun with a couple of types of ammo maybe, but not more guns that do the same thing as what we already have.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 12/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, Trulius said:

Glock 17c - 9mm 

Dan Wesson 2.5 revolver 6mm - .177

STI 1911 - .45 ACP

Katana - blade weapon

Sword - blade weapon

Hello Trulius.

First thing that comes to my mind is double 9mm pistol. This skill could be unlocked only with fully perking gunslinger. Well... dual Desert Vultures could also be a thing. Gunslinger then could be even a more viable option in late game and give extra perks when it comes to progression.

Instead of G 17c 9mm, handgun might be renamed to Block 18k, this pistol might have fully automatic mode (rather innacurate one) and single fire mode.

Also in SMG department, player could possibly have equipped in both hands TAC-21... rename it to CAT-12. Pistols and SMGs would actually feel badass as never before.

So when it comes to quick balance wise solution - 9mm would be 2x weaker than lets say 7.62, and production cost would be 2x cheaper as well. Pistol would also be maintained well easier.

Instead of Katana, I would rather appreciate throwable knives and perhaps hatchets in the mid-late game. Hatchet could be used as weaker but faster version of the Axe, and then after perking and progressing as throwable assets.

Instead of making loads of scopes for each individual weapon, I would rather have a few that could possibly be present on every gun... except for 8x scopes obviously. 

I asked for ages to fix a cross hair and make iron sights even more useful. 

That`s all that comes to my mind and make Gunslinger and melee even more viable and interesting.

I would love to see even more individual (except for sights and scopes) mods for each asset tbh.

Edited by TWORDY (see edit history)