Doors

I can walk through a door, I have seen zombies walk through a door.  A few minutes later I am at the same place, I can still walk through that door, same zombie same door, that zombie cannot walk through the and it is not a 1 block gap and yet it crawls/crouches through the door.  That zombie hits me on the leg and my arm is sprained.

It is my observation that Zombie pathing updates are on a fixed interval which introduces delay errors.

The zombie may be reacting to a a situation that was there some seconds before and has not updated yet.  Hence why zombies occationally attack trees and walls or walk away when you are standing right there.

Update:

All I done was take the door off. There were 2 zombies in there, the same zombie. The first one came out fine and the second one did not. They both had their legs still intact. That has happened in vanilla a lot.

37 minutes ago, Phil said:

Update:

All I done was take the door off. There were 2 zombies in there, the same zombie. The first one came out fine and the second one did not. They both had their legs still intact. That has happened in vanilla a lot.

Was there nothing near the door, before or in front or to the sides? Like chairs, rubble, a cupboard,...? Did the first zombie maybe act as an obstacle?

If not, that is strange, because I don't see that in my game.

PS: Since you have a lot of trouble with this game (see your post about Trader Joel in another thread) I would say your vanilla game is simply broken and you now see lots and lots of strange phenomen because your savegame simply has errors. Check your logfiles or simply start anew.

It is not about vanilla. Mods usually do not change the AI and very seldomly add a bug fix, so if there is something not working in vanilla you should see the problem in modded games too. Since you don't it is just that specific savegame and it probably is damaged

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I have tried the usual fixes, verified game files, uninstalled and deleted any game files, checked my system for virii, all dervices are up to date and that includes windows. Run trim on my SSD.

In answer to one of your questions, "Was there nothing near the door, before or in front or to the sides? Like chairs, rubble, a cupboard,...? Did the first zombie maybe act as an obstacle? ".

The door was clear. The first zed came through the door no problem, killed that zed some distance away from the door and then the other same zed came partly through and then crouched, hit my leg and sprained my arm.

EDIT:

What I am going to try is uninstall the game, delete ALL folders that is with the file, restart the computer and then walk away as it is easy to get bogged down

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I have tried the usual fixes, verified game files, uninstalled and deleted any game files, checked my system for virii, all dervices are up to date and that includes windows. Run trim on my SSD.

So did you start a new game? If your savegame is damaged nothing you listed helps in any way.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

In answer to one of your questions, "Was there nothing near the door, before or in front or to the sides? Like chairs, rubble, a cupboard,...? Did the first zombie maybe act as an obstacle? ".

The door was clear. The first zed came through the door no problem, killed that zed some distance away from the door and then the other same zed came partly through and then crouched, hit my leg and sprained my arm.

Thanks. I can't imagine a "natural" cause for this glitch then.

I did start a new game. It could be my save, I will freely admit that. Well, we will see when I re-install it and hopefully, all crossed it will be solved. I will report back when it is re-installed

I doubt a reinstall will fix the random crawl issues. The crawl animation happens quite often in places where there's anything the zeds can bump up against.. not just on their actual path, but any blocks next to the path seem to have a chance to confuse them. It's not even rare, but it is quite random.

The selection routine for the crawl is just a tad over eager. Going back and forth thru a doorway doesn't trigger it alone - and it shouldn't, sure. But any furniture or such around the door - even while not blocking the door - may well cause it.

It's not intentional, just still in development.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have done a complete re-install of the game and so far no issues.

Some suggested that, maybe, something was left over, or, the game gods were against me on that particular day.

I do know it is not intentional, no offence meant.

I was going for the wipe everything and start again.