New player here, my thoughts.

micahol

I picked up this game about a week ago; saw it pop up on steam a few times under recommendations so I took a peek and tried it out, and holy @%$# I'm glad I did.

I've now got a third party server hosted for my friends that I got into the game as well. We're all blown away by this gem of a game.

At first I thought the graphics were purposely dated, and I love them, but then I found out this game was in development since 2013. The game feels pretty damn complete and solid, and then I find out that they're still implementing stuff. I'm really excited for the raiders.

The whole concept of this game is incredible.  The fully destructible world and the ability to build anywhere and take over any spot is great. The fact that you are never truly safe is a good cornerstone imo. Nighttime is balanced so great; it's doable, but it really keeps you on your toes. The game doesn't pull any punches, something most developers wouldn't dare to do. Not to mention the gameplay loop; you are always running out of certain materials, forcing you to have to hunt for specific items. 

This game is so refreshing after seeing all the AAA devs play it safe with their boring, overused game formulas. The devs seem to have had fun making this game as shown in their naming scheme for POIs and skills. It feels like they made a game they wanted to play.

I'm super happy this game exists and just wanted to share my appreciation for this work of art that I didn't think was possible.  Looking forward to future updates and the next game(s) from TFP.

Welcome to the forum and glad you enjoy the game. Hopefully you will survive the upheaval of your first major update. Adapting to the new normal can be.....distressing for some. We look forward to hearing your feedback for A21 as someone who has only ever known A20. :)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Welcome to the forum and glad you enjoy the game. Hopefully you will survive the upheaval of your first major update. Adapting to the new normal can be.....distressing for some. We look forward to hearing your feedback for A21 as someone who has only ever known A20. :)

The title of one of my favorite light novel series... 😁

A21.jpg

9 hours ago, Roland said:

I can't imagine why; the current state is phenomenal so I'm having a hard time picturing the game being even better in a previous version.  Obviously the updates have been working out. The features for A21 are looking good too; even the removal of glass bottles bit. One less item in my inventory.