Possible bug? or unknown feature

rille

Me and my friend have been getting back into 7 days to die recently. However, we have came across an interesting quirk of the game that we have only encountered somewhat rarely (2 or so times every 10 days). In this event, every zombie that spawns in is feral, and mysteriously de-activates/despawns in the morning. We are on the highest difficulty setting, so we are wondering if this is an unknown feature or an unreported bug. Thank you in advance.

Neither, its game design.

There are day and night zombie spawns.  These are linked to day time start and end (default 0400 and 2200).  As Laz Man mentioned night zombies are often more difficult and are also biome dependant.  Any of the despawing zombies have a chance to drop a loot bag hence the existence of random "god bags" a player may encounter in the world.  

On 10/31/2022 at 10:45 AM, 8_Hussars said:

Neither, its game design.

There are day and night zombie spawns.  These are linked to day time start and end (default 0400 and 2200).  As Laz Man mentioned night zombies are often more difficult and are also biome dependant.  Any of the despawing zombies have a chance to drop a loot bag hence the existence of random "god bags" a player may encounter in the world.  

Interesting. I always thought the bags were leftovers from bear attacks.  It's fun watching bears eat zombies.  I was upset though to see a boar and mountain lion walking side by side instead of fighting.  After all, who doesn't like bacon?  Speaking of bacon, we need a bacon recipe that can only be made from boar meat. 😜

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 10/31/2022 at 5:44 AM, Laz Man said:

At night, higher difficulty zombies spawn in the biomes.  I believe they eventually die sometime during the next morning and may leave nice loot bags as well.

So thats where the random loot bags come from :D I was always wondering xD