Are the Devs just dumb?

Vansanity33

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

It's a business, not a memory wall.

Yep, that's my point; the 2nd type of person who really wants it harder will choose an overhaul and feverishly defend it, whereas a casual will choose some QoL mod that increases stack sizes or something silly and not give a crap about the game.  But there's far more of the latter.

Emm, I for one do give a crap about the game Sir @Guppycur, and I do enjoy a boost in QoL. I don't give a flying buzzard's buttocks about how hard others want to make it, as long as I retain the option to play how I like to play it. Either TFP gives me that option or I can get it in a mod.  I have dappled with your mods as well. Your work is very good, and I can't do what you do.

But to minimalize those of us who play to relax, albeit with challenge, versus those who want the zombie world to be able to rip off their face during every encounter...it's not an honest comparison imo. I'll say it again: We all enjoy playing in a different way.

And I apoligize @Matt115 if your skeletons and bone corpses aren't here. Tell me, what kind of magazines are you going to sell in that magazine stand? Kiddie Pierogi? Kielbasa Killer? Ok, I joke. Hope you see my humor (dark, like skeletons...) 😉

Edited by Melange
because I could (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Melange said:

Emm, I for one do give a crap about the game Sir @Guppycur, and I do enjoy a boost in QoL. I don't give a flying buzzard's buttocks about how hard others want to make it, as long as I retain the option to play how I like to play it. Either TFP gives me that option or I can get it in a mod.  I have dappled with your mods as well. Your work is very good, and I can't do what you do.

But to minimalize those of us who play to relax, albeit with challenge, versus those who want the zombie world to be able to rip off their face during every encounter...it's not an honest comparison imo. I'll say it again: We all enjoy playing in a different way.

And I apoligize @Matt115 if your skeletons and bone corpses aren't here. Tell me, what kind of magazines are you going to sell in that magazine stand? Kiddie Pierogi? Kielbasa Killer? Ok, I joke. Hope you see my humor (dark, like skeletons...) 😉

It would be.... Zuł scrapper! - i have so effective hobos in my city who manage to even steal barbed wire from military base, few big fences, a lot of shop carts etc XD now near abbadoned shopmarekt there is few shop carts shed and they made there a small houses in 7DTD XD i'm dying about that. About newsstands - well this could be just pocket supermarket - have near my house newsstand - you can find there everything - clothes? Ok, knifes? k, Magazine? no problem. Flashlight? choose one. 

There is one small mod that i love - it add a chance that zombie after dead will not disapair but will change into corpse

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

It would be.... Zuł scrapper! - i have so effective hobos in my city who manage to even steal barbed wire from military base, few big fences, a lot of shop carts etc XD now near abbadoned shopmarekt there is few shop carts shed and they made there a small houses in 7DTD XD i'm dying about that. About newsstands - well this could be just pocket supermarket - have near my house newsstand - you can find there everything - clothes? Ok, knifes? k, Magazine? no problem. Flashlight? choose one. 

There is one small mod that i love -it add a chance that zombie after dead will not disapair but will change into corpse

And now I think I begin to understand. Your newstand = A mini-Trader kiosk with a little bit of anyything for sale? A place I can sell scrap without having to go to see  Trader Jen or Hugh or Joel? Maybe I don't get a good price...but I can get. Is that your idea?

"There is one small mod that i love -it add a chance that zombie after dead will not disapair but will change into corpse" - So I can harvest the rotten meat and bones? Oh, that would be ok too. Sometimes I really need to make more glue/duct tape. 

Did I get your meaning right? Oh, I don't mod the game (yet). Maybe some day. But I'd like to understand your meaning anyway. Too often intent is lost in translation. 🙂

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Melange said:

And now I think I begin to understand. Newstand = A mini-Trader kiosk with a little bit of anyything? A place I can sell scrap without having to go to see  Trader Jen or Hugh or Joel? Is that your idea?

"There is one small mod that i love -it add a chance that zombie after dead will not disapair but will change into corpse" - So I can harvest the rotten meat and bones? Oh, that would be good too. Better than cleaning up all the dead zombie piles after a horde...we did that before 🤒

Did I get your meaning right? 

Yep ^^

Well we have big "outpost" so why small but good defenced kiosk? It would be so useful. And looks pretty good

Yeah we did this before .... but well i undestand preformance issue so  that's why i love this mod - don't create corpse piles just sometimes single corpse. Yeah you can havest them - after "disappairing" of dead zombie in this place is spawned corpses that you can find in some POI.

Btw vehicle madness looks so good and rly i like this mod :)

And i'm thinking about checking undead legacy.

i wish there were screen which zombie were added in war of the walkers mod 😕

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yep ^^

Well we have big "outpost" so why small but good defenced kiosk? It would be so useful. And looks pretty good

Yeah we did this before .... but well i undestand preformance issue so  that's why i love this mod - don't create corpse piles just sometimes single corpse. Yeah you can havest them - after "disappairing" of dead zombie in this place is spawned corpses that you can find in some POI.

It took me some time. But everytime you said 'Newstand' I really don't think the devs/moderators got your meaning. It's a translation problem. Well, we have solved that problem. Maybe a modder can give us a few 'MattMarts'...🤩

Just now, Melange said:

It took me some time. But everytime you said 'Newstand' I really don't think the devs/moderators got your meaning. It's a translation problem. Well, we have solved that problem. Maybe a modder can give us a few 'MattMarts'...🤩

it should be newsstand idk how i always see Double s when i'm writing but not when i'm reading. 

haha it would be cool.

Still i hope there will be skeletons props someday. i love skeletons soo much ^^ Well hl 2 have so funny skeletons but every skeleton lack feet and hands this looks a little bit uncomfortable but Tomb rider have soo good looking skeletons. 

Something like Skeleton Objects in Blueprints - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Human Skeletons and Bones in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Pack of Human Bones in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Bones VOL.2 - Human Bones (Nanite) in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

could be sooo good

25 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

it should be newsstand idk how i always see Double s when i'm writing but not when i'm reading. 

haha it would be cool.

Still i hope there will be skeletons props someday. i love skeletons soo much ^^ Well hl 2 have so funny skeletons but every skeleton lack feet and hands this looks a little bit uncomfortable but Tomb rider have soo good looking skeletons. 

Something like Skeleton Objects in Blueprints - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Human Skeletons and Bones in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Pack of Human Bones in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

Bones VOL.2 - Human Bones (Nanite) in Props - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

could be sooo good

Yes, you have done your research. I looked at your links. I don't know what a modder can do, but maybe not called a MattMart? Just a skeleton in a nice mini-shop who speaks to you? Or maybe the shop is not nice, just a few piles of bones...we can dream, right?

5 minutes ago, Melange said:

newsstand

You are right. double S is correct.

My keyboard is crap if I don't type it correctly. My glasses are crap if I can't read it good enough. I am perfect. ☺️

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Melange said:

Yes, you have done your research. I looked at your links. I don't know what a modder can do, but maybe not called a MattMart? Just a skeleton in a nice mini-shop who speaks to you? Or maybe the shop is not nice, just a few piles of bones...we can dream, right?

You are right. double S is correct.

Honestly - i'm shocked that nobody done newsstand as shop in any game. I hope TFP will add newsstands as shops in their nest game 😜

Well - i think add skeletons as props wasn't big deal but... well  props are rly expensive

9 hours ago, Melange said:

I apologize, I definitely wasn't trying to minimalize "casuals", my point was to express that they represent the vast majority of players, so all this moaning about making the game harder is NOT in the best interest of tfp. 

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly - i'm shocked that nobody done newsstand as shop in any game. I hope TFP will add newsstands as shops in their nest game 😜

Well - i think add skeletons as props wasn't big deal but... well  props are rly expensive

LMAO actually i made one early a20 but i do have it a21 updated. (no it is not TFPs) (they have certain guide lines to follow and i dont ) :)

also i do show it in a city tile and it fits nice.

A21.0_2022-09-09_21-54-11.jpg

A21.0_2022-09-09_21-54-29.jpg

A21.0_2022-09-09_21-54-44.jpg

A21.0_2022-09-09_22-02-33.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)