Am I Thinking Right ?

Bugher

Welcome to simulation theory 101, does it really matter? Does a trader exist if there's no-one there to witness?

But for a practical point of view, it does seem like they're always there, even without a quest. But then again, the trader NPC is spawned in only once you walk near it, so, it's not about the quest, it's about you being the center of the simulation.. is there food in your fridge right now? Or only when you open the door?

17 minutes ago, Bugher said:

Im Thinking that you have get the Quest to Open Trade Route before a Trader will appear on the map

no that is not how it goes.

the original concept came from reports/complaints of people not finding different traders around a map. the traders when and or if are spawned are done at the map generation process way before you get in the map.

the opening trade quest is given and should point to a trader in a different area or even biome.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

On 9/1/2022 at 7:56 AM, Bugher said:

Im Thinking that you have get the Quest to Open Trade Route before a Trader will appear on the map

No not at all. I usually get a find the trader quest with a trader I already know. They spawn in predictable places on the edge of towns just get on your bike and follow the road and drive around the town edge until you find them.