Command "pois" will not toggle back on

slackjaw

This is driving me insane! I toggled distant pois off with the pois command to help with phantom blocks but it didnt help all that much now i just want to toggle it back to on but everytime i enter the command it says "distant pois not active". Am i doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, slackjaw said:

This is driving me insane! I toggled distant pois off with the pois command to help with phantom blocks but it didnt help all that much now i just want to toggle it back to on but everytime i enter the command it says "distant pois not active". Am i doing something wrong?

this didnt sound familiar to me so i checked in a21 and a20.

in vanilla 7dtd we do not have a command of "poi".

if this is added by a mod, then you need to contact the creator.

did you toggle mesh off within the options menu?

15 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

in vanilla 7dtd we do not have a command of "poi".

The command is as the OP wrote, "pois", plural. Does work for me, in the current A20.6 (b9). Toggles on and off, distant pois appear according to the toggle.

There used to be a command "pois" that did help with the phantom blocks at least before A20. I didn´t have the issue since A20 dropped. In A19 those phantom blocks used to be quite common, at least for me and using "pois" in the console fixed that usually. And it was vanilla.

Quick google search shows that the command did exist and was even suggested by LazMan in this topic as a fix:  Clickme

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

10 hours ago, theFlu said:

The command is as the OP wrote, "pois", plural. Does work for me, in the current A20.6 (b9). Toggles on and off, distant pois appear according to the toggle.

See that's the thing though mine will not turn back on. When i enter the command it says "Distant pois not active" every time.

11 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

well it damn sure shows me 2 things.. 1) i never messed with it and 2) just singular doesnt do anything :)

but yes confirmed it does indeed work toggling the distant poi outside of the chunk i am in (at least it does for me).

so some old dogs can learn (sometimes)

When you toggle it back on what does the console say?

now for the part that gets the most arguments.

looks to be mod related so...

disable ALL mods and testing the command after you verified files via steam

re-enable 1 mod at a time testing to make sure command works

once you find the culprit, then get an updated version or contact the mod creator to see about a fix.

i see "Invalid sub command 1" , "unknown command 1", "no sub command given.

so one of them changed the command permissions or typo in the mod code.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Isn´t having distant mesh turned on a must for that command to be working properly? Maybe he turned that off? It looks a lot like it´s turned off on his screenshot.

no because the command over rides the option in this case as i demonstrated in the video. i show the options is off and yet the command when issued via console will still work. i did the video only to see for myself. i am still leaning towards a mod conflicting with this.

https://youtu.be/XGidTpe2mUA

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

interesting you're still having phantom block issues in A20 - which make and model GPU do you have please?  My son was having issues with phantom blocks in A20.6b9 and from a quick check I've done on his system turning OFF anisotropic filtering in the geforce control panel was the solution (latest drivers, RTX 2060).