Carrying Capacity

marcdasharc

What is the max carrying capacity in the latest version of this game? 

I'm talking about having level 6 armor, shoes, and headgear with 2 pocket, pocket mods on your pants, shirt, and sweatshirt/flannel or whatever jacket you have equipped. Plus having pack mule upgraded to level 5 in the skill tree

Edited by marcdasharc
On an Android phone and the format was wrong (see edit history)

No it hasn't changed.  If you could carry more than 45 items in A19, that is because you had a mod that increased the size of the backpack.

A19 and A20 - max carrying capacity is 45, start out with 27 open spots before you become encumbered.   So to unlock all of the slots and not be encumbered, you need a combination of perks / pocket mods / armor mods for the remaining 18 spots.

Your max carrying capacity is limited to 45, regardless of mods and perks.  If you unlock all pack mule perks and install a triple armor pocket / double cloth pocket mod in each layer, that would be a total of 39 slots (18 from the perk, 15 from the armor mods, and 6 from the clothing mods).  However, you only benefit from the first 18 and the rest are wasted.

From what I recall, which was only last year, for every mod/pack mule upgrade you got., you'd get a new slot and could carry more inventory. So 47 carrying capacity is a lie and they should change it so that ot only shows 45 in your status. Anything above 45 is deceiving 🤷

15 minutes ago, marcdasharc said:

From what I recall, which was only last year, for every mod/pack mule upgrade you got., you'd get a new slot and could carry more inventory.

Definitely not. Not last year in the then latest alpha.

15 minutes ago, marcdasharc said:

So 47 carrying capacity is a lie and they should change it so that ot only shows 45 in your status. Anything above 45 is deceiving 🤷

If you think this is a bug, make a bug report. There is a red banner above with a link to the bug report section

Someone else might look at it as a feature because it tells you that you could swap out an armor pocket mod without losing any comfort and add something else for it.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, marcdasharc said:

From what I recall, which was only last year, for every mod/pack mule upgrade you got., you'd get a new slot and could carry more inventory. So 47 carrying capacity is a lie and they should change it so that ot only shows 45 in your status. Anything above 45 is deceiving 🤷

In vanilla, there are 9 rows of 5, giving a max carrying capacity of 45, which is what my non-modded version of the game says when I have all the slots unlocked.

i clipped a segment of each perk in pack mule and nowhere does it say/insinuate that you get more inventory space. it can be misread that way if you dont pay attention.

it does say you can carry more without being as encumbered with each level you buy. i show what each perk says even tho it doesnt highlite the perk.

Spoiler

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-04.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-50.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-57.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-58.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-00.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-03.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

i clipped a segment of each perk in pack mule and nowhere does it say/insinuate that you get more inventory space. it can be misread that way if you dont pay attention.

it does say you can carry more without being as encumbered with each level you buy.

Hide contents

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-04.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-50.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-57.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-52-58.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-00.jpg

A21.0_2022-08-25_13-53-03.jpg

Man, a QA person that posts the same picture 5 times………….I bet unholyjoe gets picked on at every meeting

8 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

SA :) that is me highliting each perk.. just the damn cursor doesnt show.

ALSO... each clip has its own id.. <sticks out tongue>

I know, it’s just more funny to ignore the slight differences and take a dig at you. 😀